The Fallen Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There's absolutely no traffic in this part of the city this late at night, so I only slow down a bit for the red light ahead and check both ways real quick. I stomp down the gas pedal and send the car roaring through the empty intersection like the devil himself is on our asses.

The terrible moans of agony coming from the back seat make me seriously wonder how in the hell I'm holding my shit together.

And why the fuck isn't this fucking thing working?!?

"GPS!" I practically shout at the car's built in device. "Nearest hospital!"

It shows me the same random spot in the neighborhood we're already in.

"Fuck!" I bellow at it.

"It's still not working?" Danni asks nervously.

"No," I shake my head in frustration.

I keep the pedal to the metal, and I'm soon doing near 100 again. Our pursuit falls behind once more.

The GPS reroutes, the highlighted destination flashing with several chirps coming from the device. I prepare to defy it again and turn the opposite direction it's showing. I figure if I keep ignoring it I'll eventually end up somewhere with other people, or see a cop, or something. Anything would be better than this seemingly endless, abandoned area.

I press the brakes to slow way down and start turning the wheel when it suddenly jerks from my grasp.

"What the fuck?!?" I hear myself utter in a frustrated, high-pitched squeal.

I grab it and try to turn it where I want it to go, but it's useless. The car now seems to have a mind of it's own. It accelerates past the first turn and toward the end of another "T" intersection, aimed straight at a tall, derelict building. I only hope Danni put on her seat belt, sure the possessed car is about to slam us into a wall. I try my best to hit the brakes and stop the car, but they do nothing. The steering won't budge.

We're doing about 60 mph, and I'm almost positive it's going to be lights out.

As we approach the intersection the wheel turns a little to the right, then swings left quickly. Something briefly taps the brakes as the car steers into it's turn, and I can feel it as the entire car's weight shifts rapidly. The inertia throws the car sideways, and I can hear the tortured squeal of rubber as the tires break loose and the car begins skidding almost sideways. The gas pedal presses down, and the wheel in front of me spins to countersteer into the power-slide we're suddenly doing.

"Whaddayoudoing?" Danni asks with a grunt as she braces Trina against the centrifugal force.

"Iamnotdoingthiiiiis!" I call back, fighting against the pull myself.

The car rights itself, the tires regaining traction. The gas pedal sinks to the floor, and the car accelerates. I watch the speedometer with rising panic as it climbs ever higher.

80...90...100...110...120...130...

The brakes apply themselves as we near another intersection, the car's speed dropping back down to 60 mph. The steering wheel does it's little flicker maneuver and we power-slide through another corner at this crazy speed.

All I can do is hang on for dear life as the Outback drives itself through the city streets this way. I soon realize the car is taking us along the route programmed into the GPS. I can't help but wonder if those butt-probing little green men are waiting for us at out destination.

For some reason the car decides to start driving normally, slowing down to the 35 mph speed limit and getting in the correct lane. We pass an intersection with a two-way stop on the opposing street. A police car pulls up to one of the stop signs as the Outback rolls past as normal as you please. The officers inside don't even bat an eyelash at us.

I try to stop the Outback, but it still isn't responding to anything I do. Danni and I wave at the policemen frantically as we pass, but they aren't paying us any attention and don't notice. The passenger appears to be texting on his phone, and the driver is looking at something on their dashboard computer.

"Fuck! They didn't even look at us!" I grumble, realizing I've probably swore more tonight than my entire life prior.

With a what-the-hell-why-not attitude I try to open the driver's door so I can do a tuck-n-roll, but even the door refuses to work. I realize Trina hasn't made any sounds for a while, and I turn to look in the back seat. There's blood all over the place, all over Danni, but the hurt girl's chest rises and falls shallowly.

"She still alive," Danni tells me as she looks down to her charge, "but I don't know for how much longer. What's happening Erykah?"

"The car is driving itself there," I say, pointing to the flashing blip on the small GPS screen.

Danni falls silent as I turn to look at her again, and I see her hand absentmindedly stroking Trina's hair.

I feel ashamed as I watch her gentle, forgiving gesture. It's obvious Danni holds no ill-will toward Trina, despite everything.

I'm a horrible person.

I turn and look ahead at the road, not able to meet Danni's eyes anymore. She has such a big heart. I can't believe I yelled at her like I did when we were arguing over whether or not to help Trina. I just want to punch myself in the face for that.

Self flagellation can wait, I suppose. We're nearing our unknown destination, and I really should pay attention to my surroundings. We round a corner and I see a squat, two-story building nestled amid two crumbling brownstones. The buildings to either side look condemned...or at least should be. The one in the middle seems so out of place here.

Surrounding the front door are numerous large windows covered with black-out curtains. Moths and other insects buzz around the bright light over the entrance. A large red neon sign above the door proclaims the place to be "The Third Eye". A blue neon animation of an eye appearing, opening, then closing sits above that.

The Outback pulls up to the place and stops ten feet from the door. The gear shifter puts itself in park, and the engine cuts out. The doors unlock. Though I haven't seen him for several minutes, the threat of our pursuer gets me moving. I reach out and find the driver's door will open now.

"I'm going to go check it out," I tell Danni.

"Be careful, Erykah. I love you," she responds.

"I will be, and I love you too, Danni," I say, quickly stepping from the car before I lose my nerve.

I move to the front door of The Third Eye. The knob turns under my hand, and I open it slowly. I peer around the well-lit interior at what looks like a cliché, new-age Wiccan magic shop. There are trinkets, books, and little jars full of herbs and other things neatly organized along the numerous shelves, counters, and bookcases that fill the place. My eyes are drawn toward the two figures at the back of the shop at what looks to be the sales counter.

The first is an older gentleman wearing an English cut three piece suit of dark blue with a gray shirt and black tie. He's of average height with a slim build. He looks to be in his early fifties judging by the salt-and-pepper hair and his handsome but mature face. His lips hold a gentle smile, and I'm struck at how kind his eyes look.

I recognize the second person. Even if I couldn't see her face, her long, raven-black hair, jabot shirt, leather pants, and "fuck-me" stiletto boots are unmistakable. All the Wiccan jewelry and goth makeup still round out her appearance. She lounges atop the sales counter, one leg propped on top while the other dangles down and swings idly.

"You," I whisper.

"I did say I'd see you later, didn't I?" Emma asks with that faraway look in her eyes.

I utter a sigh. I guess it wasn't little green men with anal fetishes at the end of this night's shit-colored rainbow.

I'm unsure if this is better or worse.