The Fantasies X - Bertie's Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So that is why she left you."

"Well, yes."

"What did you do then?"

"I fell in with some mercenaries. Figured, I was tired of getting dragged into wars and coming home with nothing." "You fought for money?"

"Beats fighting for nothing. Those first wars I was in, they were pointless, some noble got pissed off at another noble and a bunch of peasants got turned into soldiers to die for it. At least this way I got something out of it."

"What about your brothers?"

"Russell was gone when I got back, never heard from him again. Thomas was killed at our first battle."

She whimpers something about how sorry she feels for me on my chest, and I run my hand through her hair.

"Can I ask you something?" I say.

She looks at me.

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen." Older than I expected.

"What? Why are you looking at me that way? I know you're a lot older than me." She says.

"Cassie, I'm old enough to be your father. Does that bother you?"

"I- I don't care." she says.

"Well in that case."

We roll over so I'm on top of her. It's getting late; I should make her spend the night.

***

The air is always nice in the Gold Quarter, too bad it's full of fucking nobles and rich pricks who think they're nobles. Best jeweler in the city here. One of the city guards spots me walking toward the shop and stops me.

"Bertie! Thanks for the information about that giant. That murdering bastard, poor Captain Roderick. He was a hero, his wife was so glad to hear that we got his killer. Hope you'll let us know if you come across anymore of those evil pirates. You know some people say they've spotted them in the city."

"Is that a fact?" I say.

"Oh yes, certainly. By the way, the tavern owner said something about a young woman that was keeping company with the giant. Would you happen to know anything about that?"

"You know, I did see a young woman there that night. I think she was blond, if that helps. Can't imagine what could have happened to her." As far as you know, you fuck.

"Just thought I'd ask. We think she must have returned to the pirates."

"You're probably right, sir." Right fucking ugly.

"You planning to buy something here? Expensive tastes you've got."

"Yes, it'll put me out quite a bit, but she's worth it."

"Love must be in the air." he says.

He smiles, trots off, if only we were alone in a dark alley together. I enter the jeweler shop, doesn't look all that classy, really, but it does have a great reputation. A man sits behind a counter with a jeweler's lens, eyeing a ruby. His assistant, a young boy, is scurrying about the place, bringing things out of the room in the back and bringing other things into the room in the back. He works at a frantic pace.

"Hansen," I say to the man.

He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Can I help- you." he says.

"Well, I certainly hope so. I'm here to pick up my rings. You said they'd be ready today."

"And you are?"

How many fucking customers- "Bertrand, the Butcher."

He looks down a list on his counter, and then he smiles to me. "Oh yes. Jason, up here, now!"

The boy runs out of the back room and he points at his list. When his head turns back toward me the boy gives him a dirty look. He runs off into the back room and brings them out. A set of four gold rings, one has a big ruby in the center, five finely-cut wedge shaped emeralds around that, and is encrusted with small diamonds throughout. Truly is magnificent work. The owner looks it over with approval.

"Certainly an interesting choice, uh- Bertrand. You know it isn't unheard of for people to give me a special tribute for fine pieces like this." he says.

"Well isn't that nice. But we did agree on the price already, so why don't you just put it in the box and quit trying to haggle me you fuck."

I grab my box and get out of there, leaving the jeweler in mid-gasp. Not like I'm ever going back in that shop anyway. My dear Cassandra, this might be rushing things a bit but I'm definitely not getting any younger and if I don't lock you down soon I'm certain some man, younger, richer, and more attractive, will need killing badly. Hope I didn't leave her alone in the shop for too long, she's only been working there a few days. Can't wait to see her face when I spring this on her.

She's standing at the counter when I walk in- and a young man is standing behind her, holding her. He holds something I've never seen before to her head. Got a black metal cylinder on it attached to some kind of wooden stock and he's brandishing it like it's some sort of weapon.

"What's going on here?!" I shout.

"You must be the butcher. There's something we need to discuss." he says.

His men grab me from behind, throw a black cloth over my eyes, hit me in the back of the head and I go down. Don't know how they managed to sneak up on me in my own shop. When my eyes open, I'm sitting in a chair, facing the same young man. Short blond hair, an golden skull earring in one ear, and whatever weapon I saw earlier, in a leather sheath by his side, he has a red skull and crossbones on his left arm. I try to move but my arms are bound behind me. I look around the room, everything's made of wood and it feels like we're swaying slightly.

"What is that thing you got anyway?" I say.

"This? Called a pistol, you never seen one? Like a miniature cannon." he says.

"What the fuck is a cannon?"

"Just forget it."

"Where's Cassandra?" I say.

"You mean that pretty little red head? Is she your daughter or something? My compliments, she has a nice little body on her."

"If you so much as touch her, I will flay you and burn your raw flesh, very slowly."

"That don't sound very pleasant. Sounds a lot like what the cap'n says he's going to do to you."

"That sounds delightful, when can I expect to see him?"

I sit, struggling with the ropes around my arms. Manage to get the rope around my feet loosened a bit, but not significantly. Just need more time, boiling inside. The skinny young man ignores me and just leans against a post. Door opens, I can see the sea outside, just barely, and an imposing looking man, walks through the door. He wears no shirt, showing off his tan muscled body and has various tattoos all over. His hair is in a ponytail, but has only stubble but no facial hair, and on top of his head, the Captain's hat, with a red skull and crossbones on it. Our eyes meet in a fearsome glare and then-

"Bertie? You took Alexis?!" he says.

I think back to the words of a girl in a box. "Rusty-"

"That's what Alexis calls me!"

"Russell, your Redeye the Ravager? How the fuck?"

"What have you done with her?"

"Oh no, not until I know Cassandra's alright."

"Is that your girl now, Bertie? Well, I'll make sure she's safe, cause she'll be staying in my cabin until I get my Alexis back."

"You're crossing the line, little brother!"

"But you crossed the fucking line first, didn't you, big brother?"