All Comments on 'The Farm Ch. 08'

by SumacandIvy

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
canndcanndabout 11 years ago

I am so utterly confused! Why would Gordy send that letter? I assume it was him. Who would want to find the boy? Could it be Rahim? Wouldn't Rahim assume he'd turned himself in? .what was Prize's real name again? I wish Gordy would have tried kindness before running off. I mean, Prize showed a kindness in kissing his hand. Why not build on that? He doesn't know about Rahim enough to know if the man lives or not. Too bad. I hope he finds a way to tap into the boy he was before life turned so rough. He is such a tortured soul. I have a feelng things are gonna go really bad now...Mrs. Featherwink is gonna try to go after Prize, I bet! I think it will be really rocky for these characters in the next chapter. Wondering why Gordy told him never to mention the scimitar scar? Please don't torture us for too long with the coming craziness! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The whole story is one tantalizing Gordian knot. Your pacing remains perfect. I love how you uncover bits at a time from each thread. And as we manage to assemble those, you toss in something new. There is really no way for us to know where the story will be when it all comes together. As some one who loves to puzzle together the end before the ending, I am on pins and needles.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Daniel. As in survived the lion's den?

nanobotnanobotabout 11 years ago
Bravo!

Sexy, compassionate, dark, luminescent. You are a born artist. Never stop writing.

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueabout 11 years ago
Better and better...

At the risk of tiring out superlatives, this chapter was exquisite. Different from the previous chapters in pacing, it still flowed beautifully and eloquently. This story is something else; this story is special. We're very lucky to be able to read this unfolding series for free, because I for one would pay to read this. How do you do it? I don't know! Only, you create undercurrents of tension, tragedy, heartrending sadness and soul-less cruelty with beguiling simplicity. Indeed, this whole series is beguiling. The scene when....ah, Philip?....[lovely]....kissed Gordy's arm was beautiful and genuinely moving. You've taken me from disliking Gordy to wanting him to find his redemption through love and true forgiveness. You've brought Prize so wholly to life that his transformative journey from unknown bargain to the broken soldier Philip, who has loved and lost, is one of THE best characters on these pages. Ever. I only have one utterly selfish request, which I have absolutely no right to ask because you are the writer...but here goes, anyway; I hope that Philip and Gordy find their healing and redemption together, possibly because my impression is that Gordy now needs Philip, though it tears him apart to realise this. Again, thank you for sharing this beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Slow Burn

There is so much going on here and that's great. Sex without a story just isn't as good and both are here. Can't wait to see what happens to Prize and Gordy. What are you going to do about Rahim?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSumacandIvy@SumacandIvy
Always writing since childhood and looking for a hero to emerge from the dust. A hero in search of saving.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Farm Ch. 07 Previous Part
The Farm Series Info