The Final Insult Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But he had scared her last night, without meaning to. This meant she was still on her guard with him. He thought of going to talk to Beth again but he had to stop going to her for advice. He did, however, want two questions answered.

While she wasn't avoiding him now, she seemed a bit timid all of a sudden, which struck him as very odd, contrary to her character. But, then again, he was a little reluctant to approach her as well. The rest of the adults watched the interaction of the two with some amusement, and some concern.

At dinner, Anne seemed to be focused on Alana. Alana was eating little and looked unsettled. Everyone looked up as Anne got up and moved around the table to crouch near her daughter. She slid a hand onto Alana's belly. "Sweetie, are you having contractions?"

Anne felt the muscles tense as Alana nodded. "Mom, I'm scared."

Wesley looked at his wife, both frightened and excited. "Ali? Really?"

"How long now?"

"A couple of hours." Beth shoved a couple more things in her mouth and rose from her seat.

"Do you want to go upstairs or to your room?"

"I don't know if I can do it."

"Yes, honey, you can." Anne stroked her hair. "It's the most wonderful thing in the world. Just wait until you see that baby. He'll be so beautiful."

Alana took a couple of deep breaths. "Um, our room, I guess."

"Alright, sweetie, let's go. Take your time. Stop us if you need to."

Alana stood, a hand under her belly, with Anne on one side and Beth on the other. Anne looked up at the table. "The rest of you, finish the meal, we can't waste food. There won't be any excitement for a while."

Emily brought Evan to Anne after a while as both Anne and Beth tried to reassure Alana and keep Wesley calm. The contractions came closer together as the evening progressed and Alana began panting and whining. Wesley squeezed her hand tightly enough to make her cry out when her water broke.

Anne pulled her hand out of his grip and patted him on the shoulder. "Wes, that's normal. The baby's on its way now. But, since it's her first, it'll still take a little while. Maybe you should take a little walk." She guided him to the door.

Alana groaned and panted through another contraction. When it was over she looked at her mother. "Mom, how did you do this seven times?"

Anne smiled at her daughter, rinsed her face off. "Beth will agree with me. The treasure at the end is worth it." Beth nodded, smiling. "Sweetie, don't be afraid to scream or curse if you need to. We've done it or heard it before. If you want to get up and walk, we'll help you. Ask for what you want or something that will make you feel better."

"Can Wesley stay?"

"Of course, dear. Beth?"

"She's not crowning yet, but she's close."

"You're doing well, sweetie. I'll go get him." Anne left the room to hunt down Wesley.

"How much more will it...nnnnn." The contractions were much closer now.

Beth held her hand as she endured this contraction; it was a big one. "You won't even remember it, when it's over."

Anne returned to the room with Wesley, who was looking a little queasy. "Now, Wes, unless Alana has an objection, I would suggest you climb up behind her and hold her. How does that sound, sweetie?" Alana, sweating and panting, nodded.

Carefully, he climbed up and pulled her back against him, holding on tightly. Beth grabbed his arms to pull them apart a little. "She's gotta breathe, Wes."

He kissed his wife. "I love you, Ali. How are you doing?"

"OOoohh...I feel like pushing."

"Do it!" Came out in stereo as Anne and Beth quickly shifted position.

She closed her eyes and bore down. The contraction peaked and Beth said, "Crowning."

Anne held Alana's hand. "It'll be over soon, baby. Wes, wrap your arms under her breasts. You can help her."

Another contraction. "Oh, God, it hurts!"

"We have a head. Dark hair."

"Almost done, Lana. That's the worst."

Another contraction brought the shoulders, then the rest emerged into Beth's arms with a lusty cry. "A boy!"

Alana cried and Wes kissed her. "Look at our son, Ali. Look what you did."

Beth laid the baby on Alana's belly and attended to the cord. Alana checked out little fingers, the dark hair. "Hello, baby." She looked to Wesley. "Andrew?" Wes nodded. "Isn't he beautiful?"

Anne smiled and nodded, her eyes a little wet. She kissed Alana's forehead. "Congratulations, baby, you have a beautiful boy."

She looked to Beth, as the new family got acquainted. "Everything looks good. Let's let them get some sleep."

They practically fell over Callum, who was sitting on the floor, asleep. He rubbed his eyes and looked at them. "You have a new nephew, Callum. Time to go to bed."

"OK, mom. She's OK?"

"They're both fine."

She returned to her own room. It was past time for her to feed Evan. She closed the door and let her eyes adjust. He wasn't crying and he wasn't in his crib. She started to panic until she realized Ethan was asleep in the rocking chair, with Evan asleep in his arms. The scene was poignant, straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting, and she smiled.

She gently extracted Evan, who whimpered slightly at being removed from his warm resting place. She sat against the headboard, pulling Evan into position. As he began suckling and she stroked his back, she looked at Ethan, his face relaxed in sleep. Could she love this man? Her feelings for him had softened and she was willing to try an intimate relationship with him. Could she allow herself to be that vulnerable again?

When Evan finished, she curled up beside him on the bed. Sometime later that morning, Ethan woke, and panicked himself, wondering where Evan was. Between the scents and sounds of breathing, he realized Anne had come back to the room. The sight of her and Evan on the bed together was so enticing that he dropped his trousers and climbed in behind her. She made a contented sigh and relaxed into his arms. Feeling a contentment he'd never known, he fell asleep holding the mother of his son.

She woke to Evan fussing slightly and a man's strong arms around her. As she put a finger in Evan's mouth to quiet him she wasn't sure if she was pleased or annoyed at the liberty Ethan had taken by climbing in the bed with her. She shifted upward, to feed the baby, and Ethan stirred. He now faced her hip and his arm now laid across her thighs.

Her head was tipped back and her eyes were closed as she cradled and caressed their son. That had to be one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. He propped up on his elbow and his hand came up to fondle his son's feet. She opened her eyes and smiled at him. His hand moved from Evan's feet and he touched the soft skin at her waist. She closed her eyes again as he caressed the belly that held his children. "So soft. Let me touch you?"

She was relaxed, content, comfortable. "Yes."

His free hand now began to move, flirting with her navel, caressing the curve of her hip. He traced her fingers, moved up her arm to her shoulder. Evan slowed, stopped. Ethan's hand dropped to Evan's back. He rubbed his son's back, then sat up, and took Evan from her arms. She watched Ethan put their son in the crib and return, his cock now standing at attention.

Her skin was tingling and he'd barely touched her. He climbed back onto the bed with her, sitting beside her, facing her. He reached out and touched her cheek. "How is Alana?"

"Good. I have another grandson; his name is Andrew."

His hand went into her hair and he kissed her. His mouth left hers to travel along her jaw. "Another?"

"Joy, my eldest, married into the Cole pack and had her boy a couple of years ago." Her hand started at his knee and moved up to his chest. "I'm a grandmother."

His hands stroked down her arms as he kissed her neck, her collarbone. "Is that supposed to dissuade me? You don't know how old I am."

He cupped her breasts and rolled over the nipples with his thumbs. His mouth dropped to one and she sucked in a breath. His hand moved lower, circled in her curled hairs before pushing lower, to her wet folds. She murmured and her legs parted involuntarily. He circled her opening with his forefinger, stroked her clitoris, and pushed a finger inside her. He felt the muscles tighten a bit around his finger. He worked her, with his fingers, as she got wetter, sliding his finger in and out, stroking her clitoris.

He pulled her to his lap and kissed her again, then pulled her over to straddle him. Raising her by her hips and, hearing no protest, he slid her onto his hardened shaft as they both moaned into each other's mouths. It took an additional movement before he completely plumbed her wet, warm depths. He put his mouth to her ear. "Please. Show me what you like."

He looked at her, then laid back on the bed. She was a wonderful sight, a curvy woman's body, impaled on his cock. Warm, soft skin. Long hair. Eyes burning with intelligence, determination, and passion.

She flipped her hair behind her back and he felt it against his thighs. She licked a couple of her fingers. She wet one nipple, then cupped the other breast, rubbing that nipple with her thumb. He watched closely as she caught it between thumb and forefinger. She didn't pinch, didn't pull, it was as if she was wobbling it between. She took a couple of deep breaths and moaned. And she was getting wetter still.

Her right hand came up to her jaw, then, nails against her skin, traced down between her breasts, past her navel, down the inside of one thigh, and up the other. It stopped, briefly, where her leg met her body. His mind, his entire world right now, was focussed on the fingertips of that hand. She slid over, above her folds, at the bottom of those tightly curled hairs, and pressed deeply, making a couple of small circles with her fingers.

He listened to her pulse race, her breathing pick up, and her smell began to overwhelm him. His hands came out from under his head and he caressed her knees.

She pushed them away. "Don't touch." Her voice was now husky.

Her hands resumed what they were doing, one at her breast, the other between her legs. He felt her trace around her opening, since she was mashed down on him. Then, dipping in beside him, she gathered some of her own slick dew and moved it up to her clitoris. Seeing she had his full attention, she took a deep breath and rubbed, small circles over and around that sensitive spot. "AAh!" Her eyes closed, her head tipped back, her mouth opened, and her hips started rolling. He felt a throb in the muscles surrounding his cock. Her heart sped up, she began gasping, and the rolling of her hips got stronger. He held her loosely, to steady her, but her movements were stimulating him more than he expected.

He'd been watching closely, learning how she liked to be touched, but he couldn't contain himself any longer. He grabbed the hand at her pussy and pulled it to his lips. She did whimper now, in disappointment. He licked the stickiness on those fingers. "Oh, that's good."

Her eyes widened as his got darker and she gasped. He sat up and took her by the hips, then began lifting her up and down on his cock. Her hands were on his shoulders, her breasts rubbing up and down on his chest. He put one hand around her back, and twisted the other between their bodies, thumb on her clitoris as she pumped up and down on him. He felt the heat of her body, the scent of her in his nose, her skin starting to film with sweat, her pulse and breathing rapid. She was making small noises as they both edged closer. He tried to think of anything else, so he wouldn't come before she was ready. He let her back a little, and took her nipple with his teeth, biting lightly. He then switched to drawing strongly on it and was rewarded with three things: a small spurt of milk, a screech, and the intense pleasure of her muscles contracting in waves around him. She came down hard one last time and ground against him as his knot bulged. "Oh, yes. Oh, god." She panted and swallowed as he pulled her tightly to him. The movement sent another tremor through her and he jerked within her, spurting more of his seed.

She rested against his chest and sighed. "That was incredible."

She smiled, thinking it was good, great even, but incredible? Not yet. He must be as inexperienced as he'd said. Of course, for some men, their release was all that mattered. Or, perhaps Devon had spoiled her.

They remained that way for a time and his eyes began to close as he softened within her and slipped out. She got off of him, tired herself, but decided to check on Alana. She retrieved her skirt, set Evan on a hip, and headed down the hallway.

Beth was just leaving the room. Anne opened the door again slightly and looked at the new family. Joy on their faces. Her baby was nursing a baby of her own. She closed the door, smiling.

"Everything looks fine and I gave her some pointers. It took him a couple seconds to catch on but he's drawing well."

Anne nodded. "Good."

"We missed breakfast. Want something?"

"I should probably wash up first."

"I can smell him on you. Let's go." Beth took Evan while Anne showered. As she dried off, Beth asked, "So, how was it?"

"Oh, good, very nice."

"Nice? No fireworks?"

Anne smiled. "Yes", she moved her head in an indeterminate way, "a little one. He asked me to show him what I like."

"Well, that's good, isn't it?" Anne nodded. "Maybe he was a little scared."

"Hmm, maybe." Her stomach growled. "Umm, food sounds good. Then, I think I need another nap."

As Anne and Beth got something to eat, Ethan stirred. He stretched, smiling, and reached for her. He sat up, surprised that she wasn't there. Looking around, he saw Evan is gone as well. Should he stay or go? Since she was gone, he opted for go.

He washed up, then went back to the workshop, humming.

William and Nick chuckled to each other as they went by.

Beth wandered in as Anne went back to her room to get some more sleep. He looked at her, took a deep breath, and planted his hands on the workbench. "I thought... She was gone when I woke up."

"She's got a lot of ties here, a lot of things going on in her life. That makes it more chaotic, more complicated."

He sighed again. "You've helped a lot, but I can't keep coming to you for advice."

"So?"

"I just have two questions." Beth looked at him. "You said a while back she's part wolf already?" Beth nodded. "How?"

"She calls it the Cole curse. The women in her family began having multiple births after her great grandfather married into the family. His name was Jackson Cole. One of the Cole pack left about a hundred years ago and raised a family with a human woman."

"You're kidding me! He left his pack for a human?"

"It appears so. Joy mated into the Cole pack and has checked the history."

"That's pretty incredible."

"Hard to believe. Still... What was your other question?"

"I'm almost afraid to ask." He sighed and looked at her again. "You said it was months before she let herself care for Devon." Beth nodded. "Do you have any idea", another sigh, "what happened to change her mind?"

"It's really something you should discuss with her. No, never mind, you're not there yet. Ethan, I can't really tell you what was going on in her head, although I'm closer to her than anyone else, that's something only she can answer." He looked saddened by her statement. "I can only tell you what I saw, and heard."

Beth sat. "It's probably best to start at the beginning since it all speaks to what she is." Ethan nodded, urging her to continue.

"Anne was captured up here in the hills. She had come up here, alone, camping." Ethan's eyes widened and he nodded, that's right, that's what Eddy had said. "She wouldn't tell us her name. The other two women were terrified, barely eating, keeping to their rooms."

"Amanda and Temperance."

"No, Temperance came later. It was Amanda and Terry." He opened his mouth to ask a question, but closed it again, letting Beth continue. "But Anne, she was different. She ate well and kept looking around although she really didn't speak to any of us. Thinking, planning."

"We..." Beth paused, thinking better of telling him everything "...closed up for the winter and stayed below." Ethan had, of course, seen the doors but likely considered them defensive. "We showed them around, Devon explained the new blood decree and they started walking around and mingling. Anne went down to the tunnels."

"Devon changed them all, one at a time. Amanda came through pretty easily. Terry had a high fever, had a seizure, and died. The packs lost about one in eight women. He changed Anne last."

"Oh, right, how did we find out her name? Duncan and Spencer were able to track back to her truck. They got her name, camping plans, and that she'd been let go from a chemical company." Ethan's eyes widened again.

"A chemist?"

"Yup. Anyway, she ended up with a high fever too. Devon, Duncan, and Marcus took turns holding her in the pool until her fever broke."

"When she got better she walked around sniffing everything and she told us all what she thought we smelled like. Abigail was roses, I was clean sheets, Marcus was coffee, and Devon was chocolate and hot pepper. Has she told you what you smell like?" Ethan shook his head. "She had a much easier time shifting than Amanda did and started running around the tunnels as wolf."

"She'd read, help with meals, there were only 16 of us then, and run around, but mostly she kept to herself."

"Devon went to them, as the decree required, every other night. Two or three months in, in the middle of winter, Spencer..." another pause, eyes closed... "followed her into the tunnels and attacked her. Devon got to them before he could do much, but Spencer didn't get what he really wanted. He got drunk and raped me instead." Ethan closed his eyes. "Anne was there for me, let me stay with her, helped me, told me what had happened to her when she was young. Spencer, well, Devon and the men went after him, and, killed him. I mated Nick later that month. And Anne was pregnant."

"Their ritual was the next month. I had talked to both Anne and Devon about their relationship before I was mated to Nick. Amanda had settled well into the pack but Anne resisted us, even though she was a wolf now too. Anne was trying to reassure me before my ceremony. She told me how nice it could be, how good it could feel." Beth gave a sad little smile. "And I asked her if Devon made her feel good. She said yes, but it wasn't as nice as it could be, because she wasn't there by choice and because she wouldn't let him." Ethan nodded, looking away. "She said, well, her words were, 'I'm just a whore here.' When I talked to Devon he confirmed it. Then, at their ceremony, we all saw it. They didn't kiss, she didn't touch him, all she did was lay there in the bed." Ethan shook his head.

"Devon moved into her room and there was an argument about that. I'm not sure, I never asked, but I don't think she let him touch her after the pregnancy was confirmed. She certainly didn't let him close outside of their room."

"Owen said she ran."

"Where does your pack think you are?"

"They're not my... I told Owen to keep it quiet. If they think anything, they've gotta think I went back with the humans." He sighed. "So, she ran..."

"When the weather got warm we opened up again and, after a couple of days, when no one was watching her, cause Devon told us all to, she covered herself in bear grease and took off. Headed straight for the Matlin range. Ian and two others came across her. Devon took Marcus, Kevin, Alex, and Nick and went after her. She got away, back with Devon and the others, and they headed back here. Devon sent Kevin for the truck. Ian came back with more males to get Anne, but Kevin got there before any serious fighting broke out. Devon had tried to get Anne to head back alone when Ian came but she wouldn't go. She stood with them."