The Final Insult Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"After they got back she helped set up better defenses, some weapons. Ian came back with, probably most of the men two days later. We held them off, drove them away, hurt a couple."

It was all pretty much matching up with what Owen had said. "But she was pregnant, why would she run away?"

"Remember the stubborn part? When she was first taken all she expected was rape. When Devon explained the decree, then she just expected to add multiple pregnancies to the abuse. The mating ceremony meant nothing to her. She submitted to Devon, but the only thing she wanted was to get away from us. So when she got the chance she ran off, away from us."

"She went wolf when she delivered the triplets and wouldn't let anyone near them for a couple of days. She did have trouble with Callum but he emerged with some coaxing."

"Ian caught her outside a month or so later, with the pups. They went after her, knocked her down, and Ian mounted her. Devon knocked them over but Ian grabbed Joy and took off. Devon chased them. Anne got Callum and Alana in and went after them, while the men were fighting."

"She was gonna trade herself for Joy but Ian dropped her and Devon was on him. Somehow, Ian got Devon by the throat. She rammed Ian and ripped his throat open. Devon was badly hurt; they brought him back in her truck."

"It was the next day, after he regained consciousness, that she told him she loved him. She smiled, and laughed, and loved Devon for the next 17 years. And they had 10 children together."

"So, let me get this straight, she decided she loved him after he almost died?"

"Of course not. He was kind, considerate of her. He loved her. She realized what she almost lost, she loved him before that, she just refused to admit it, refused to give in. She was so focussed on not wanting to be here she wouldn't let herself feel anything for him."

"Now that he's gone, she's adrift. She can't go back to the humans and she feels alone again, like she doesn't belong. While her children provide a link, they're old enough now that they're not the anchor they were."

"And, because of all that, because when she feels something she puts her whole heart and soul into it... well, I think she's afraid to love again. To open herself up to the pain of losing someone again. So she's fighting it."

"What do you feel for her? What do you want?"

"I want.. them, her."

Beth nodded. "What else?"

"A family. A pack." He sighed. "The rest of my life with her. But", another sigh, "it isn't up to me, is it?"

"LUNCH!" The call echoed through the corridors. Beth turned for the door; Ethan put a hand on her arm. "I'm sorry, I guess I have one more question."

Beth looked at him, his grey eyes entreating. "After the trouble with Erich, can she have more children? Is it safe for her?"

"You do love her."

Ethan closed his eyes, waited a few seconds. "Yes. But I don't think I dare tell her that."

"Devon never told her that he loved her because he thought she'd never, never love him. He just tried to make life as pleasant for her here as he could, within the terms of the decree."

"So, can she? Have another child? Without, without..." His throat tightened; he couldn't finish the question.

He loved her enough that he was balancing the cost of her life against his desire for more children. He wanted her that badly. "We can't be certain, but I think so."

"Thank you."

Beth went down to lunch. Ethan joined the others a few minutes later. Everyone was paying attention to the newest member of the pack, as Alana and Wesley had both come up with Andrew. Alana was beaming, Wesley couldn't stop grinning, and Anne smiled at her daughter and new grandson. Ethan looked at them, a little jealous.

Controlled chaos was fairly normal at mealtimes, but it was less controlled today. The meal was raucous.