The Flash Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You got me, heh," Mardon got up, placing his hands on his head. "The night of the storm, after S.T.A.R. Labs blew, after our plane went down and I woke up on the ground alive, when I saw what I could do, I understood. I am God."

"Shut the hell up," Joe said as he pulled out handcuffs and walked over to Mardon.

"Turn around," Eddie demanded as he held his gun up to Mardon.

Mardon didn't say anything and he waved his hands. A huge gust of wind blew Eddie and Joe backwards into a wall of the barn. Eddie was lying on the ground, unresponsive.

"Do you think your guns can stop God?" Mardon asked, shouting at Joe.

"Why the hell would God need to rob banks?" Joe answered.

"You're right," Mardon laughed. "I've been thinking too small." Mardon called on wind, and the air in the barn began to move faster and faster. Dust rose in the air as Mardon began to levitate, wind rotating at high speeds around him. The roof of the barn blew away as a tornado formed, destroying the whole barn.

Joe grabbed Eddie and pulled him behind their car, but a piece of the barn that was torn away was flung at them. It was the size of the car, and was about to hit Joe when a streak of lightning hit the barn piece and it missed Joe.

Barry was under the piece, and pushed it out of the way. "Barry, Barry this thing's getting closer. Wind speeds are two hundred miles per hour and increasing," Cisco said through Barry's headset. "Barry can you hear me?"

"Yeah, loud and clear."

"If this keeps up, this could become an F-5 tornado," Cisco continued.

"It's headed towards the city, how do I stop it?" Barry asked, desperate to get something. The tornado was getting stronger, everything in its path getting torn up and joining the tornado, the debris making it more dangerous. "What if I unravel it?" Barry asked.

"How the hell are you gonna do that?" Caitlin asked back at the lab.

"I'll run around it in the opposite direction. Cut off its legs."

"He'd have to clock 700 miles per hour to do that," Cisco said.

"Your body may not be able to handle those speeds, you'll die," Caitlin explained with worry.

"I have to try," Barry said as he looked to see Joe and Eddie's injured bodies lying on the ground near him. He sped towards the tornado and began sprinting around it.

"Suit's holding up," Cisco exclaimed proudly.

"But he's not," Caitlin pointed out.

"He can do it," Cisco said with confidence. "I know he can do it."

Barry continued running, filled with determination he ran as fast as he could. Mardon saw Barry, and shot a bolt of lightning at him, and Barry got flung to the side.

"It's too strong!" Barry shouted, getting up.

"It's time to think big," Mardon said inside of the tornado, and huge storm cloud was conjured up. All of a sudden, in Barry's headset Barry heard a third voice.

"You can do this Barry," it was Wells. "You were right, I am responsible for all of this. So many people have been hurt because of me. When I looked at you, all I saw was another potential victim of my hubris. Yes, I created this madness but you, Barry, you can stop it. You can do this, now run, Barry, run!"

Barry inhaled deeply and sprinted after the tornado again, speeding around it, yellow lightning flashing around him. Mardon looked at the streak of red and yellow and tried to stop it, but Barry was running too fast for him. His laps around the tornado counteracted the spin of the tornado and Mardon screamed as he felt the power draining from him.

Joe was watching and he saw the tornado disappear, the debris falling.

"Barry?" Caitlin asked in the headset, but Barry's headset fell off and she heard no response.

"Hey," Mardon said, still alive and holding a gun. "I didn't think there was anyone else like me." He held the gun up to Barry.

"I'm not like you. You're a murderer," Barry stood up to face Mardon. Mardon only smiled and raised the gun to shoot Barry, when two shots hit Mardon in the chest. It was Joe.

"Barry?" Caitlin continued asking and Barry picked up his headset.

"It's over," Barry said, sighing with relief. The lab went up in applause and even Wells had to smile.

Joe walked over to Barry, and kneeled down, gasping. Barry kneeled with him.

The police arrived in the morning, and the farm was completely destroyed. Eddie was okay, he was only injured with a concussion.

"What you can do, was it the lightning bolt?" Joe asked Barry.

"More or less," Barry replied.

"I'm sorry Barry, I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I called you crazy for chasing the impossible," Joe heaved a sigh. "But you really did see something that night your mother died. And your dad is innocent. I need you to promise me something. I don't want you telling Iris about anything you can do. Any of it. I want her safe. Promise me."

Barry nodded his head, before he said "I'm going to visit my dad."

Barry made his way to iron heights and went into the visiting center, meeting with his dad who was on the other side of the glass. He picked up the phone, as did his dad.

"Hey slugger," Henry said, smiling at Barry.

Barry laughed. "You've been calling me that since I was 11. Funny thing is I just got into a fight today."

"You just got out of a coma, I'm not sure you should be picking fights," Henry speculated. "Did you win?"

Barry smiled. "Yeah, I did." Barry and Henry laughed together. "You didn't kill mom, you know I know that right?" Barry asked as his tone got serious.

"You believing me is all I need," Henry replied.

"You won't be in here much longer," Barry promised. "Whoever killed mom, whatever killed her, I think I finally have a way to find them, to stop them.

"Barry, we've talked about this," Henry sighed. "It's time to let it go, You've got to stop worrying about me and live your life."

Barry let some air escape his mouth. "For the first time, I feel like I finally can. The truth is ever since the night mom died, I've been stuck in one place. I missed out on a lot of things, but I'm different now. I've made some new friends, they're helping me find a new way to finally move forward. Remember when you wanted me to change my name so I wouldn't have to deal with people knowing you're my dad? I'm glad they know." Barry laughed. "I'm so proud to be your son."

"I love you son," Henry said, placing his hand on the glass.

"I love you too dad," Barry placed his hand next to Henry's.

Back at the Lab, Wells was sitting in his wheelchair next to a wall. He placed his hand on the wall and a secret door opened. He entered the door, and then stood up in his wheelchair. He took off his glasses, looking back at the wheelchair before walking to a podium.

Wells placed his hand on the podium, and a holographic image depicted a newspaper, which said that the Flash went missing in a crisis. It was dated for April 25, 2024, a while from the current time, and Wells smiled.