All Comments on 'The Force of Destiny'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
dani_lrlmdani_lrlmover 7 years ago
all is foreseen but freedom of choice is given.

the question of free will vs. force of destiny - or "providence" or ... is one which has puzzled philosophers at all times.

At

http://www.yutorah.org/lectures/lecture.cfm/730430/rabbi-david-horwitz/parashat-bo-rambam-s-resolution-of-the-antinomy-of-human-free-will-and-god-s-hardening-of-pharaoh-s-heart/

you find an interesting piece trying to explain why Pharao was denied this choice.

Never mind - I very much enjoyed your story. I only hope you did not make Warren suffer too much from "Blue balls"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Don't understand why Paulette took back Calvin

After all, they broke up and Calvin got engaged to someone else. But Mary Beth happens to die, tragically, so he decides to see Paulette and they get back together again? Isn't what broke them apart earlier going to rear its head again? Methinks Paulette has got to make a choice - instead of thinking it's fate that brought her back to Calvin, she should think it's fate giving her a choice between Calvin and Warren.

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
Paulette Feels Badly For Calvin

Not only that - a part of her never stopped loving him. She's comforting him in his hour of need and sees some sort of future with him, not necessarily long term. It's not unusual for couples to reunite because of various reasons. She likes Warren, however, it was only their first date, perhaps their last, perhaps not. Affairs of the heart can get very complicated.

jntiquesjntiquesover 7 years ago

Dear Author, A very well written story line and characters. A happy/sad/happy love story that was truly enjoyable. Thank you, jntiques

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Fickle finger of fate

While the story held my attention, she seemed a little ditzy. Oh well, that's life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Calvin was a weasel!

So only two days after his wive's death, good old Calvin is banging his former girlfriend. Calvin was a snake! Paulette is stupid to take him back but then aren't most beautiful women stupid with their pick of men?

burningloveburningloveabout 4 years ago

Too much description and weird ending - after reading, a waste of my time - not your best story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...