All Comments on 'The Forecast of Dallas Raines'

by SmileyPappas

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 7 years ago
What a story!

Amazing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
well i was riveted

but the humor didn't grab me.

I liked the story well enough. Really! 4 stars from me.

But There just never was a moment when I found any humor in this situation.

I think that the problem here is me.

Your writing was good. Your narrator had a strong voice. Descriptions were all on point. Didn't catch any issues with editing...

I was just flabbergasted to find this in humor and satire. The cops? Was that it? Were they supposed to be the OTT comic relief? I don't know, probably shouldn't give it too much thought. Sorry.

Carry on!

SmileyPappasSmileyPappasalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Regarding Humor

This story is categorized under Humor and Satire, and if you were looking for something light and funny, then I'm sorry if you were disappointed.

This story involves forced prostitution, which does not lend itself to light humor, but rather disrupts the stereotype of more shallow stories.

Still, I hope that some of the more absurd or darkly comedic elements were amusing, as they were meant to be.

Thank you for reading!

Polly_DollyPolly_Dolly12 months ago

I understand that this story is a bit of a spoof, however, the writing is taut and gripping, serving the tale. Humorous observations are pretty spot-on. Assigned a score of 5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous