All Comments on 'The Fragile Heart'

by JessicaMandella

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What the fuck is this shit?

Jesus Christ. Just... don't. No more writing. Don't even speak. Fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WTF

What can I say just stupid stupid stupid crap

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Think this way!

It isn't the twist in the story (it was clever), it was character's attitude when he was thinking that he is loosing her: cook, wimp, looser, moron, etc... (nothing good)

It didn't fit with characters and the story.

PS: please understand, one that plays with fire doesn't get sympathy for getting burned!

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 6 years ago
Romance?

This reads like Mills and Boon. Perhaps you should try the Romance category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
YUK!

Pure Drivel!

rnebularrnebularabout 6 years ago
Good to a point

I was really with this one, until his meltdown. I understand the sense of loss, the despair he must have felt, but as someone else said, his attitude went a bit off script in my opinion. It felt like a new character, or at least one that suddenly had some very abnormal thoughts for him. The twist was unexpected, and probably saved the story for me. Honestly, if his slide into personal hell had been toned down a little, would have been a 5 from me. Still gave you a 4 for an original story.

Thanks for sharing.

ArsVampyreArsVampyreabout 6 years ago
Not a loving wife

Yes, you put this in the right place. No, your description of it is not accurate. It doesn't matter if Andy is a woman or a man. It matters that his wife was unfaithful to her vows. It doesn't matter that she asked, or that he asked her.

By intentionally letting him think she's having sex with another man who will impregnate her instead of him, she's intentionally inflicting harm on him, and the result is his meltdown. That's not the action of someone who loves someone else. None of this is the action of someone who loves someone else.

I don't think the story is poorly written, though I think the characters are. Everything in this story feels forced to create this moment at the end, which probably feels like a payoff for you, but feels like a slap in the face to me as a reader. Roger's behavior is asinine for someone who once suspected his wife was cheating on him with his boss (and given her later behavior, she almost certainly did, though perhaps as the author you say otherwise). He's not proving his love of her by permitting her to have an emotional affair with Andy; he's proving he'll let his wife destroy him and that he has no self-regard. And his wife obviously takes advantage of that and doesn't care about the hurt she's caused him.

All that said, this is the right place for this story. The only thing it doesn't have is karma, unless we accept that having two women to impregnate is karma for being a doormat.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 6 years ago
Something you need to know.

LW readers are more demanding than readers of other categories. There is inherent conflict in the LW situation.

In other categories you can get away with a simple stroke story with a little window dressing story line. Not so much here. All we really got was his side of the struggle, which was good, but we needed more from the wife's side. Like what she wrote to Andy. Also the gender mix up was telegraphed pretty early and caught few by surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
nobody stays in character

I think this story is less flat than some. With all due respect to Forrest Gump, people actually are like chocolates. When they crack open they show what's inside. I agree with the commenter who mentioned playing with fire. If that's the whole point she was trying to make the bookends of the story were pretty on the nose. First talking about puppy love being cute. Then at the end, saying no love is trivial. He pushed her into it, and like a mad scientist said OMG what have I done. No doormat could rip the board a new hole. He's strong enough to take responsibility for his own mistake. His meltdown is indicative of a real man. Do the right thing then feel afterward. His wife? Loving people can do unloving things. I think we're all damaged goods. And to say all that in 3 mini pages. That's almost country music.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
He went from jealous husband to willing cuck?

It doesn't matter if Andy is a man or woman, this was weird. Well written; but weird and definitely not my cup of tea. I think it was the mental breakdown at the end, as if hubby took some bad acid and we were along for the ride.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WHAT!

Who ever told you that playing piano wasn't a super power? When I was young it worked for me. Even though I was playing classical music, there was never a shortage of le belle femmes around! LOL. Heck, at 64 they STILL think its a superpower. Of course these days my wife more or less discourages any hanky-lanky!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Could have been great, BUT.......

It made absolutely no sense at all. Might have fit a little better in Fetish, but still no logical direction in it. Sorry, but I can't even give you a 1* on it......ROBT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Went off the rails at the end of page 2 and self-destructed halfway through page 3. It was a nice attempt, I'll give you that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A perfectly written train wreck

A man foolish about feelings, but still has them. Luck of the Irish, though. Could have gone either way. Andy could have been as phobic as some of the commenters. That would have made the train wreck fatal. This piece is almost like a monster movie with a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
glutton for punishment

It takes thick skin to post a story like this here. Most LW trollers want nothing but vicarious revenge against women. If it doesn't fit their rigid guidelines they'll one star it and post profanity, rather than try to understand what the author is saying. I've been to her site. This woman raises questions and makes people think. A lot of people don't like that. Doing that here, you might as well pass out joints at a narc convention. Jessica, you've got your own market but don't stop tossing us a rope every now and then. Some of us are listening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Discombobulated???

That's what it felt like halfway through this story and it just got progressively worse to the end.

For adults the characters in this story acted like they have the mentality of high school students.

What sad marriages there must be when two grown adults can't discuss things without outside intervention; no matter who the paramour may be. -IMO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
LOL

I had a dog named Bella...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

What utter GARBAGE, cheating is cheating, you misled readers in the description asshole, male or female, CHEATING s CHEATING, apart from that it's just another wimp cuck story. 1*

frazodfrazodabout 6 years ago
Really wanted to like this

But I didn't. FF sex is still cheating.

Bleah...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
consensual non-monogamy isn't cheating

Cheating means breaking the rules. You throw a tantrum when people don't obey your own rules. Just who do you think you are to dictate the rules for someone else's marriage? What a couple decide my mutual agreement is by their rules, not yours. Grow up. Cheating means material breach of contract. Any contract can be updated and superseded by mutual agreement. Thus, by consent and agreement, the rules are updated and voila, it's not cheating. If that had too many biog words for you, it ain't cheating if it aint behind their back and they give permission.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Unusual, different

Not my cup of tea as a story, but really well written for what it was. The comments show that others were also "discombobulated" (thanks, Anonymous).

I'm glad that I read it, though, so thanks Jessica.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I didn't think it was well written at all.

Sorry but people don't talk like that. I didn't read the whole thing so I won't score it but I thought the writing needs a LOT of work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This is what the LW fight's all about

Cheating means breaking rules. Spelling errors aside, the last anon hit the nail on the head. The big fight here on LW is over what the rules are.

Every married couple makes their own rules. It's called a contract. You don't get to determine the contract between a married couple and their wireless provider. You don't get to determine the contract between a married couple and each other. If a married couple agree to change their deal, there's no breach of contract when they live up to their new version.

There is a small army of anons here who can't stand the idea of not being able to dictate the rules for everyone else. When an author dares to present a couple engaged in mutual agreement to update the terms of their marriage, these anons freak out and fling obscenities like monkeys flinging waste in their cages, simply because they don't get to dictate the rules for everybody else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Monkeys? Hilarious!!!

They don't talk like us, Bubuh. Dang ol can't write.

Now Boomhauer, he can dang ol talk normal like me.

They don't follow my rules, fling this from my cage!

He don't think like me. He must be stoopid.

Everybody who doesn't act like me is going to

get a piece of my big baby diaper!

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Indeed, Anonymous (Re 'The LW fight')

You say "There is a small army of anons here who can't stand the idea of not being able to dictate the rules for everyone else."

It's not only the Anons. It's the whole Moral Brigade. But it's fun disputing them, so we can't dictate the rules for them either.

Anonymous, may I make my usual plea. I can only address you as Anonymous and you are one of so many undifferentiated anonymice. You make a reasoned comment, worthy of a reply. If you prefer to not register a name, could you please at least put an identifier at the foot of your comments so that others may have a conversation with you?

Lue

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Ps: For the discombobulated

For those expressing concern about this story, I suggest that you go to JessicaMandella's biog pages and see what drives her and her writing. Have a look at her other stories too, and the comments they elicited. All her stories are rather unusual.

She has done the right thing by her readers and provided quite a lot of information about where she is coming from. (I wish more authors would do likewise.)

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The only normal person in the world is you.

That's cause normal means just like you. Even your friends aren't just like you. You might look at some people and vomit. They might look at you and weep. Some personalities may seem to shift or change their behavior, based upon events. That's called learning. Some humans do that.

SR

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Can't get a handle

I took the advice and read your other works, wanting to see if they would help me understand where you were going with this one. No such luck. I found out that your are obviously very intelligent, way too deep for my simple understanding. You are an extremely imaginative, talented, writer. Perhaps too imaginative for LW. SyFy might offer a more sophisticated audience, that will appreciate your talet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
3*s

Thanks for the story JessicaMandella.

Gave you 3*s for encouragement. Exploring new venues is always nerve-wracking.

I must say there was very little tension in this story. The couple are very loving and considerate of one another. I expected the characters to reach a happy-ever-after ending. Fun sex scenes are a bonus😄.

The only negative I found was the abrupt change to action. Without knowing Bella's plan, the reader is lost for a few paragraphs.

Good luck on your endeavors JessicaMandella 🧑👍.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really odd story. What was the point, or the plot?

So this so-called husband throws his wife, encourages her, to befriend someone who loves and wants her romantically, sexually, and emotionally? And he does this without understanding and monitoring the progression of the relationship. Yet this is supposed to be a couple that communicates everything, hides nothing, has complete love, trust and respect for each other? But then he gets blindsided by a wife asking to go fuck her new lover, for a weekend, a weekend that excludes her husband from her life, from their marriage. And then he learns his marriage is over, and he is now part of some polyamory relationship? And all this without discussion or warning or input as the polyamory is developing.

But then its all OK, because Andy is a woman, and, hey, he gets to fuck her too! And, gag a maggot, this is all supposed to be so romantic and loving. Except that the two women who now want him to accept their love couldn't even divulged that Andy was a woman, and that his wife was falling in love with her. He doesn't find out until the fucking gets revealed and the weekend requested.

And this is the future he has to look forward to: "Oh dear, let Andy and I introduce you to Clarence. Andy met him at the gym, and her infatuation became our love and now we want to formally and permanently bring into our marriage and our home. And you're just going to be Amazed by his cock, especially the thrill of his cum hitting the back of your throat!"

So why isn't this in Group Sex? Guess that's the sequel. Too ridiculous; your writing is a joke.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
To good Sir Knights

Thank you, Luedon. You are very kind. 26thNC, even when something is foreign, you speak kindly as well. Your grace deserves respect and answer. The point is that, as SR so aptly put, nobody is normal. Furthermore, we're all incomplete. We think we discuss everything, yet the most painful subjects we avoid are the ones containing trouble for ourselves and our spouses. He was so convinced puppy love doesn't count. She was so afraid he'd steal her BFF/woman. These issues, like the buried pain driving morality cops here, play pivotal roles. Even so, she never took a step forward without asking permission. She even performed a very wet demonstration to show how serious it was. The one primary fact she withheld was the gender of her crush. She didn't hit the reader over the head with her reason, but the proximity of her mentioning damaged goods and her fear of hubby stealing BFF/woman gives some indication of her prior experience. It's more realistic to show clues, rather than fully detailed explanations in dialog. It also adds mystery. Chewing the cud, one can fit together the pieces. The best stories leave me pondering and then saying ahah, just like real events of real life. Thank you again for your kind respect, even in the face of mystery. You both have very lucky someones in your lives.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
AMerryman

Hi dear, noticed your post. Thanks for encouragement. The sudden change was the inevitable springing of the trap, the mechanism that had built up. Like real life, I like to show almost seemingly unrelated events that prove to be rooted in long standing realities. The sudden change was the conflict that had to come out, in order to heal the buried issues. How could a husband so blindly hold to a belief that puppy love is nothing? I think many of us have experienced the prequel responsible for that. It was the primary issue, the one I introduced at the top, and settled at the end, saying no love is trivial.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@luedon ''Indeed...''

Most namers, authors, and anons have no problem addressing an anon's comment by the following technique

@anon ''title of comment''

An identifier at FOOT of comment would make it more difficult for others to follow the conversation.

Might also be your pathological need to include a rodent reference in your referrals to anons irks them at least as much as their not including an identifier does you.

Not sure what Moral Brigade you were writing about. Numerous authors such as reedrichards, the carolinadreamer, swingerjoe had made scores of comments denigrating those who do not share their philosophy, and could be referred to as a Moral Brigade - just different morals.

As for this story I was interested and bemused until husband's acquiescence towards the end. Then I was baffled by the seeming abrupt and complete change.

No matter the gender of the lover, nor the gender of the spouse, once a spouse gives voluntary acceptance to the other spouse having a lover, I cannot see why anyone would object. Especially in this story, when the husband was slowly but certainly changing the acceptable parameters of Brenda's relationship with Andy-Andi.

Fact is, I read much of this interesting work thinking husband was unfairly and purposely tempting his wife, all the while insisting he would not stand for her failing his test. The little respect I had for him crumbled in the end much as he crumbled. While some might view his email to Andy as being a demonstration of true love and devotion, I saw it as an act of cowardice. Why would any woman want a man who had acted like he did most of the story.

Then for him to be ''rewarded'' at story's conclusion really mystified me.

He did not deserve Brenda as a wife so he certainly does not deserve to also have Andi as a wife

1ofLuedon'sMice

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
To the esteemed @anon @anon indeed...

Kudos. While I disagree with your judgements and their underlying moral and sociological assumptions, I respect you for standing by them with civility and dignity. I feel that respectful approach deserves reasoned answers to the issues you raise.

Several have missed two major points here.

#1. This hero displays courage many have labeled as cowardice. It's an inner strength to accept the consequences of his own initial folly, once recognized, even though doing so slays him inside.

#2. It being a FF relationship is not what 'makes it all right'. His acceptance of a polyamorous relationship precedes the big gender reveal. Remember, he was willing to 'quit the man-club and join the LGBT club' to make it all work out. In doing so he's repenting of his original arrogance of belittling puppy love, recognizing it as real love. His doing so is his overcoming whatever was done to him that so fiercely predisposed him to considering puppy love as anything trivial.

On his wife's side, her giving her wife to her husband is her overcoming of her ex stealing her BFF away into an affair locking her out.

This is a story of personal growth. Of course there's a change. They learn. They grow. As to the husband unfairly tempting his wife, he was so blinded by his attitude toward puppy love that he didn't recognize it until too late. Once he did see it, he immediately took responsibility for accepting and living with the consequences of his own actions. That is the strength of character that so many have decried here as weakness.

Finally, your closing arguments include the words 'reward' and 'deserve'. Both of those concepts are being filtered through your own moral and social presuppositions, not the morals and contract of the married couple portrayed.

You stated so well that the so-called 'Moral Brigade' just has different morals. The thing that makes others regard them with a degree of impatience is the vehemence with which they seem to assume that everyone else ought to accept and abide by their moral and social framework, rather than simply choosing to agree to disagree agreeably.

In his 'Alone Together' album, Dave Mason, in the song 'Shouldn't a took more than you gave', repeats a hook: "we all got different ways'. I guess that always stuck with me.

All that being said, once again, you have my profound and sincere respect for standing by your beliefs, be they right or wrong, different from or the same as mine. You got backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@JessicaMandella ''to the esteemed...''

Before I write further, I must express my sincere gratitude for your gracious response to my initial reaction concerning the husband in your superbly written work.

Though I do hesitate to accept ''esteemed'' as an accurate descriptor of this ignorant one-eyed hod carrier.

I will apologize for using the comment section devoted to the examination of your many hours of hard work, to rejoin a debate that has no likelihood of resolution.

I would also inject an observation that besides their dictionary denotations, words have numerous conotations, that even the best of long standing friends may not share for every word. Such dissimilarities can and have caused unintentional and at times bitter confrontations.

You have a much more intimate knowledge of your characters, and indeed their relationships than any reader can possibly have. The insights you have developed during your numerous ''conversations'' with them allow you a depth and clarity of understanding, I cannot possibly achieve.

Considering the ''still water'' aspect of your undertaking, I was more than a bit remiss, bordering on rude I would allow, to have perhaps reflexively dove into the comment pool after but one reading. I should have retreated back into the story to acquire a true appreciation of the depth.

Perhaps then, but only perhaps, I would have deemed his act as one of capitulation. I admit I did not delineate my reasons for deeming him a coward. As of now, I can only suggest his desparation at losing his wife drove him to be whoever she wanted him to be. He would abandon his ''self'' to be allowed to remain in her peripheral presence.

I am using the Polonius to Laertes ''self''

''To thine own self be true and then it must follow as the night to day, thou canst not then be false to any man'' . Apologies if that Hamlet quote from Polonius' soliloquy is not spot on. As insight to me that speech and Kiplings ''If''

were instrumental in my development of myself.

I will close with following additional insight. I have read, studied, and reflected on phrases in beginning of your reply. Then I repeated that examination.

Since my long ago youth, I have not made any moral or social assumptions. I persevered through a life when erroneous to the point of being cruel and hateful were made of me. I would not subject anyone to such unfair and unfounded designations at my hand.

Until the end of my teenage years, I was the shortest and slightest male. Add to that bespectacled and top in scholastics. I was also and exceptional athlete. A family move prior to sixth grade resulted in me going from most popular and respected in school and in sports to being not only an outcast, but with the accompanying names. Brownnose, suckhole, teacher's pet, fag, wimp, etc. Though I continued to star in baseball leading the state in hitting for American Legion, most people judged me by me stature and looks. For the years after my teens, once I filled out and became quite muscular through construction work, people almost invariably at first sight deemed me a Neanderthal. Without having one word of conversation, they ASSUMED I was knuckle-dragging beast. I will spare you the long list of my academic achievements and test scores.

I treat all I initially me with a smile, a warm greeting, and their own blank slate upon which they, and they alone write.

I treat others as they treat me. I care not for their looks, religion, gender, lifestyle, or decisions they make about their personal likes. I attack none unless more than once provoked, then do so only in response.

Nor do I associate with anyone who choses to denigrate others with regard to the aforementioned list.

You have a unique mind, a unique imagination, and have an exceptional writing skill. My initial feeling is you have an admiring and supportive growing audience.

I close with my personal version of Spock's live long and prosper.

Take care to take care!

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
Dear Esteemed Anon

Esteemed you are indeed and remain. One of the things I greatly admire about people is their strength of character to own their actions, regardless of intent, and to learn from their mistakes with immediate accountability and acceptance of consequences. That's something I see not as mere capitulation or appeasement but rather as an intentional taking of responsibility with swift decisiveness. That's something i tried to portray in the story. I also see some of that in your noble response. I think highly of you. Thank you for sharing this dialog with me, in a venue where there's usually more heat than light. After sharing a bit about yourself, it's a good thing you're listed as anon. If you had a registered name your spouse might be rolling eyes at the number of contact attempts.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Response

Jessica, I have read every comment made here and each of your responses to both complementary and critical. I am amazed at your thoughtful, evenhanded replies to each one. In my LW experience, most comments are made in anger, usually unjustified, and equally angry responses. Most authors don't bother to even respond. You took the time to give thoughtful responses, and explanations to pretty much every rational commenter. I, for one, appreciate your time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
no rolling eyes

To my not fully educated, therefore ignorant in some aspects, mind your responses were two successfully enlightening connections.

I was a husband for thirty years, four months, ten days until I became a widower.

Lue's Don's eyebrows might have risen given her three contacts.

Hope the bit of levity is recognized.

Without going into great length, the seating arrangement dictacted by a nun in a small town Catholic school the first day of fifth grade changed my lifelong outlook on the feminine gender. Designated as the two best students a blond girl and I were assigned seats in the back right corner of the room. She behind me to insure I was admonished ''No pigtails'' would be pulled.

We were highly competitive but equally respectful. Separated as such from the class, we had numerous conversations as we challenged, encouraged, and educated each other. Since that time, I have often declared I would rather have an intellectual conversation with a woman than a man.

Thank you for your thoughtful responses to my comments. I have much to consider and a brighter light with which to read.

I apologize if I inadvertently stepped over a line I did not realize I might be seen as crossing over.

kimi1990kimi1990about 6 years ago
Sorry, you don't get it.

Your characters are pathetic caricatures, your plot is straight out of the female Internet kink writer groups that are a dime a million, your present tense writing style is trendy bargain bin and tricks on readers are just lame. Get in the past, kick the kink, write a story with some meat on the bone and one character who doesn't make me gag. Then I'll give you another try, because you do have talent. It's just wasted on this.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
sure you don't want to register a name?

Oh, my goodness. Where to begin. Brilliant, respects women as peers, buff from carpentry. And takes ownership of everything he does. Ouch, I burnt my finger on his aura, that's so hot! I have someone, but I can still admire the flowers without having to pick them. Now the other ladies, that's another story. If your wife made you promise to honor her by sharing her memory with a new spouse, I'm sure a lot of giving and communicative women are wishing right now you had some contact means. Just saying. I have a neutral valence charge, but (and this is where I insert my own moral and social belief systems) someone like you deserves someone special, and I hope you find her.

* * * *

Now, 26thNC, thank you so much for your kind words as well. These true meetings of minds in goodwill and mutual acceptance mean to me more than you'd know.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
continuing separate threads of this discussion

The most recent freshman to arrive at the lunch table reminds me. If anyone here wishes to write, I also do that. My site is mentioned in passing at the top of my story. It has a way to email me. The author contact form here merely slaps me in the face every time with a big red spam alert so I gave up trying to contact fellow authors using it a long time ago.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
A man who says

"I was a husband for thirty years, four months, ten days until I became a widower" is a man who clearly feels his loss very deeply. As one who has been lucky in one love for well over fifty years, comments like yours make me recognise how fortunate I (and others) have been.

Anonymous, I can't agree with your idea that it is preferable to "have an intellectual conversation with a woman than a man". Some intellectual conversations are enlightening, and others are more like shitfights conducted for the entertainment of the participants. We get both types here in the LW commentariat, and I haven't found gender to be a determinant.

Lue

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
personal preference

Hi LueDon I think rather than a value judgment generalization, SirAnon was merely saying that's his own personal preference. Most men's and most women's brains operate differently. In infancy for most men there's a massive spike in T that disconnects many cross hemisphere channels in the brain. (I believe the seemingly male bodies lacking this T wash comprise female or non-binary brains anyway. The latest research shows a brain gender can be specified by direct genetic effect, rather than as a result of hormonal influence.) Like blind people accentuating other senses, the male brain develops and streamlines a linear thought process. It's like the difference between a fast single core CPU and an array of multiple CPUs. May be the same throughput, just different architecture. They say opposites attract. I can understand enjoying conversation with someone whose subconscious inference engine is constantly coming up with new correlation data. Then the analysis of results in a linear fashion might be just the thing for the intuitive person. There are many happily married hetero couples. Scientific method. Hypothesis, Proof. I won't bore you with my own upbringing, but I had to learn some fierce linear thought focus almost as a second language. So in some ways my thinking process is almost non-binary. At the heart though, I'm definitely lipstick. It makes sense that a man might enjoy, even prefer, the company of a woman outside the bedroom as well, to enjoy a mind build differently from his. Just my silly thoughts.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
trends not absolutes in my last post

I was speaking of tendencies, not black and white parallel versus linear. I don't want to oversimplify, but there are observed common tendencies. The intuitive hemisphere is far from dormant in men, there's just less cross-hemisphere pathways. I said less, not none. In the fast CPU metaphor, you could say it's on the net, so from the cloud can come a surprising insight that knocks anyone's socks off. In common physiological gender differences, I'm talking about common primary behavior. My own thought process is too weird to use as an example. Yeah, there's a linear writing point, but it's the point of a pyramid of parallel processing, so it's hard to say what's a conscious and what's a subconscious. It's easier to think of it as higher up versus deeper down. Like I said, I'm a weirdo. I grew up almost too distracted by concepts to function. Enough about you, let's talk about me, right? LOL

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
last comment about physiology

The older men get, the further they are from the T wash event, and neuron regeneration does occur. Cross hemisphere connections are a really big deal though, massive building projects like superhighways, so by the time men start losing their T they've rebuilt a lot of connections. Some seemingly womanly thought behavior may be as much due to the rebuilding of inter-hemisphere communication as to the increase in enzymatic activity converting T (Testosterone) to Estrogen. During the 60s a lot of men massively stimulated pineal activity, which is known to trigger regrowth of neurons as well. That's why many burnouts came back with a vengeance and some were a force in silicon valley. As they came back with more parallel processing capability as well, I'd say they came out a-head (pun intended).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
God, get over youself!

Maybe when you get done patting yourself on the back you might check your score and favorites. Cuck writers show up here every day. You're just the latest in a long line of same old same old. Nothing new, interesting or erotic about it. Just another slut and cuck.

kdcee79kdcee79about 6 years ago
Nope

There are some excellent lady writers who submit some very insightful & ENJOYABLE tales to this LW site, but for me, this story of yours is not 1 of them. I particularly dislike intentional cuck stories as I have never been able understand any male who finds pleasure in that situation. Your writing was ok but everything else sucked. 1 *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
"Moral Brigade. But it's fun disputing them"

You mean the closet cuckies, or 'incels' that read every cheating wife or cuckold story and then vote 1 and leave nasty comments?

The "moral" thing to do is mock, rebuke, and shame those misogynists mercilessly so they don't gun down co-eds or drive a van down the sidewalk.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
@JustGr8

Sorry I missed your comment slipped in there. You were not the freshman at the table, of course. Sometimes the bed wetters get in the way of adults talking (that's why one adds two stars to see the real score for any wife sharing story in LW). You might enjoy DreamWalker (goog with my name). I mostly just check in here anymore, occasionally have conversations. A lot of my stories explore the event horizon of polyamory, where the character begins to question long held assumptions about love. One of my pet peeves in sharing is the V, rather than the triangle, so in a strict definition I also don't like stories that end in the cuck way. Your comment is a nice one. Usually it's only cuss words. One recent anon told God to get over Himself. Hmm. Where have I heard that before (Isaiah 14:13). I do like stories about sharing love, but not about the story ending with treating a husband with contempt. Even my longest running story of spousal contempt (Permission) ends in a profound reversal, where even the bull gets into a bromance and sides with the hubby. In 'TimeShare Wife' the self esteem is asserted by the hubby, with extreme prejudice, early on, yet with difficulty. There's always a HEA. I don't dish permanent sorrow. You probably noticed my scripture reference. Goog my name and SermonHeardRoundTheWorld to see my take on love, God and morality. It's a lot more loving than dominational churches (spelling intended) have preached. If I don't respond to your post soon it means I'm back to writing. As I said, I only check in from time to time. You can reach me via my site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ALWAYS add two stars to any wife sharing story

LW is divided into about three camps, roughly. There are those who honestly like to question monogamy. There are vicarious vengeful bitches who can't get enough abuse then 1* it and cuss it out. There are open minded people who discuss on the fringes. My advice to any author is: expect monkeys to fling their waste from their cages (awesome comment hidden below, still cracks me up), and ALWAYS add two stars to see how well your story is really being received. I checked out her 'sermon'. Wow. I'm off to buy Heaven's Brides.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@anon ALWAYS add...

I've read it. We need to be considerate, however, as it is considered rude, here on a free site, to mention paid books, even by the same author. I'm certain Jessica will tell you the same thing if you ask her. She's been extremely circumspect about not pimping out her own wares here on lit. We should show her the same respect she shows us by not getting her in trouble. After having said all that, I do agree with you about the sermon, which is free. I've read that too, and it makes me feel good about what we're all doing here. Her brain is like meta mutant. I guess it's an acquired taste for some.

SR

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
@SR @anon

Sorry dears, I'm afraid I let a few slip myself while chatting with someone else. Keeping one's main (professional) life away from one's Lit life is like staying in the closet. Slip ups do happen. Thank you SR for your sweet comments about my brain. It's very kind of you to take my total lack of filters for brains. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Admittedly ignorant physiologically

I greatly appreciate the enlightenment as to the complex physiological nuances of my brain's development and maturity.

Intuitively, I have long been aware that failure to devotedly embrace my X, would certainly diminish my Y.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
failed to discernly edit

''...failure to devotedly embrace my X, would MOST certainly diminish my Y.''

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just

Just one word needed GARBAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@garbage

Dear Garbage.

Thank you for signing your post. Don't be so hard on yourself. After all, you did manage to string together five big boy words into an almost meaningful phrase. You should consider changing your handle from garbage to something nicer like 'thinking impaired'.

Fun Lover

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
@silly comment

While hilarious, it's so easy to alienate rather than reconcile. I know some people refuse to learn. That's the biggest tragedy in life. I appreciate your standing up for me. Posting any story to LW that doesn't end in revenge, one must expect a certain amount of abuse. It comes with the territory. There are some very wounded people whom the cruelty of an ex has inoculated against any kind of open mind about love. I've seen young ladies whose paternal molestation predisposed them toward eating disorders and even in certain cases heroin addiction. In similar fashion, the so called moral brigade is addicted to stories of revenge. Like the food and the heroin, it won't heal their original abuse. They are indeed pitiable. So let us pity them. I'll ignore them if you do. We can still chat here about positive things.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
"the so called moral brigade" WTF???

These 'incels' or 'closet cucks' are not victims like kids who were molested and it is disrespectful to any girl who is struggling to overcome an addiction or eating disorder to compare the two.

The 'moral brigade' are straight up bigots - misogynist/racist incels who must be mocked and shamed, not ignored, lest they gun down co-eds in Santa Barbara or run down people in Toronto.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
@the so called

I do see your point. I never meant to trivialize the suffering of abused women. I've suffered enough in my own life to relate to what you're saying. I was merely trying to say that we're witnessing an addiction, not a logical or reasonable path of behavior. Those moral brigade bigots are bodies inhabited by malware. We should not hold our breath and expect any rational thought out of them. A long time ago I used to try to understand evil hate. Now I understand it's impossible to understand. It's a psychosis, and makes no rational sense. Trying to understand evil is like trying to guess the last calculation processed by a computer that has smoke pouring out of it after lightning explodes a nearby tree. Just as no love is trivial, I've learned not to underestimate the pain behind inhumanity. I know one TG who was tortured within an inch of her life by her 'dad', to 'beat the woman out of her'. It spawned a false male personality for years. I've had long chats with her since she achieved total recall. I asked permission to use some aspects of her story, and she all but begged me to do so. I hope by using it as a backdrop in more than one plot I've honored her request. I've not put it in a story, but she's given permission...while she was stuck in that false male role, she was a terrible bigot. It wasn't her. It was that role she was trapped in. I wonder how many of the moral brigade are TG people tortured into false male multiple personalities like my pen pal was.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaabout 6 years agoAuthor
looked up incel

Fascinating. This is one more example of a rising attitude of entitlement. While I do keep an open mind about abuses that have led some astray, others have absolutely no excuse. The head worship leader of heaven (Isaiah 14:13) had no cause to rebel, for he was not mistreated in the least. Yet he was jealous of the worship God received. This was an original evil, where the haters all began. There are those in the incel community who have no excuse whatsoever, and are committing the original evil too. They might get the idea from whispers of fallen angels, or atheists might blame cosmic radiation spawning brain damage leading to severe psychosis. The fact is, there are plenty of abusive individuals who choose to be so simply because they can. ("And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.") It's probably a mixed bag, like most groups.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
How to find a good story on LW

Avoid boring formula BTB drivel. Just look for:

1: Low stars, (sharing lovers aren't 1* bed wetters)

2: Moronic 4 word posts that barely make sense

3: #2, with one of those 4 words as the title

4: #2, with a generic loaded word in it

5: #2, with a curse word in all caps.

That last kind is sure to be a good story.

Be sure to look up other stories by same author

and look for the INCEL seal of disapproval.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
turning frowns upside down

LW started out as a first step in questioning monogamy, to seek a more loving approach to relationship. Then the cuck formula hit, to treat the hubby with contempt. Reacting to swapping one form of bondage for another, the BTB crowd swooped in with their own formula. It's all so very cook book. In all this confusion, the original idea of love multiplied rather than divided was lost in the mess. LW was supposed to be the edge of monogamy leading to more open minded paradigms like a gateway drug. Now it's become a battle between those who wish to abuse women and those who wish to abuse themselves (no pun intended). In both cases there's a lot of hate. I don't know why Jessica would subject herself to abuse from both camps at once by writing to the original topic: breaking out of traditional assumptions about marriage. Whatever her motivations, she's turning the frown of hate upside down for a smile of love. No wonder she's under attack. The dark one doesn't like hate being dispelled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
LW Definition: Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more.

The topic is fun. BTB isn't fun. It's vicarious revenge.

Some find abuse fun, in some weird way. If anyone

doesn't belong here it's the BTB incels. The ones who

belong the most are those honest seekers trying to find

loving alternatives to the limits of traditional marriage.

Anything else isn't very fun, it is?

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaalmost 6 years agoAuthor
One undiscussed issue in the story. A four letter word for romance.

In addition to 'puppy-love' being no trivial matter, there's also the reality that commitment is not just who you say no to...it's how often you say yes to your beloved.

Put another way, if you never pet a dog, it'll go down the street and find someone who will. Gotta watch the overtime. One of the biggest, most romantic gifts you can give to your special someone is a four letter word...time.

In Roger's case he woke up a day late and a wife short, yet still lucked out in the end. Not everyone is as lucky. We have to make a living, but if it regularly takes more than 40 hours a week, is there some other way to get by?

Try this. Figure out how many hours each week you have available to spend with your true love. Then divide that against the hours you work. When each hour together gets insanely expensive, maybe it's time for a change.

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 6 years ago
Wonderful twist!

I was so prepared to not like this story. I have never been able to wrap my brain around a man who loves and would not only share her with another man but allow the man to impregnate her as well!

I applaud you for twisting this trope on it's head!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well

So much for being honest.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Trying to be cute while making the point is appreciated, but it didnt work for me

Still comes across as a heavy handed lecture on the virtues of polyamory. I am OK with PA, and I know it does work for a small segment of the population.

I just think it is a unicorn lifestyle, glad it showed up for these three. It did seem a cop out in dealing with the tension that had been building.

BTW, the man is an idiot, to risk such a treasure of a marriage.

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@OldBearSwitch

I'm glad the story spoke to you in favor of polyamory. My characters tend to experience it. Every author writes about whom and what they enjoy writing about. My stories are uncensored in many ways.

If there's a main point, primarily the story is about trivializing love. The protagonist did that in two ways. One, he trivialized love by not spending time with her. If you don't pet a dog, it'll go find someone who will. Two, he trivialized the crush, not recognizing it for what it is. No love is trivial. He learned that lesson a day late and a wife short, but lucked out anyway in the end.

One of the reasons it worked out as PA was that his wife talked so fondly of him to Andy, she was predisposed to make that additional connection. This is about integrity helping PA, not PA helping integrity. And by integrity, I feel that includes how we talk about our significant other(s). I heard a pastor belittle his wife in a story from the pulpit. I got up and left. She didn't talk smack about her hubby. She talked him up to her. Doing so entailed some risk, yet was the right thing to do. So here we have a little mini-add for integrity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nothing

This is a nothing story ,I wouldn't call it puerile ,but it is not far off?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Finally we hear back from OneWordCuck

Hey folks, say hello to OneWordCuck. His mom finally let him use the internet again. He's back to fling more waste from his cage. He's the one who posts negs with one word in the title. Sometimes he posts bad words in all caps. This time he tried to use a new vocabulary word in a sentence. He's tried to post stories here on lit, but they require more than one sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a crap!

This whole story is an empty piece of BS. No man would behave that way, only a woman (writer) could fantasize something so pathologically moronic.

There are no cuckolds either, only psychotic individuals with perverted sexuality.

Adam RightmannAdam Rightmannover 2 years ago

Cute and sweet, and I was not expecting that twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dreadful. Given that the LW category covers so much territory, I can't say exactly that it's mislabeled but the husband is so weak a character. There is nothing virtuous about a husband who will take any infidelity from his wife because she is "soooooo beautiful." And here this guy is shattered by his belief she is having an affair with a man, but he will still accept any treatment from his bitch of a wife because '"I love Her sooooo much." Yeah, and wifey loves him sooooo much in return that she is giggling at his pathetic willingness to accept any behavior she chooses to dole out because as she giggles, "You were willing to suck my girl's cock if only she had one." Ha. Ha. Ha.

Hey, it's all good, "Love is love." Now there is a misnomer of a cant phrase if there ever was one. Infidelity isn't love, emotionally torturing him isn't love, stringing him along isn't love.She is a Cunt, with a capital C. And the whole vibe of sex with a former student is creepy and predatory, but I guess that fits Bella, doesn't it?

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I completely agree with the previous poster. This is horrible. Real love doesn't behave this way. I feel dirty and nauseous after reading this.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

I really believe that it is impossible to be fully in love with two people at once. Love is now divided as is time as is thought, and somewhere along the line the other partner must suffer.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Quit reading when Andy wanted kiss she crying and he didn't say that it's over!!!

Wimpy cuckold

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous