All Comments on 'The French Connection Ch. 02'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Pete666Pete666about 6 years ago
Is it?

Going to be out with the Crowbars katana?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Bravo

Real nice twist with the woman being revealed to be Julie Newton who had been in prison. With her having been Westboro's number 2, should have seen that coming, but with many of us believing her in a SuperMax prison it was easy to overlook her, because most of us forgot about her still being among the living.

Of course that warden (one of Red Brooke's demons) will be dead as will most of those guards. The real question is how injured will the Iron Crowbar be when this skirmish is over and will Julie's sister Yvonne be among the living?

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
A GOOD WRITER USES ALL RESOURCES TO TELL A TALE

and with the turmoil in politics, government, and police antics this writer has untold resources to continue, TK U MLJ LV NV AND WW has the knack, mlj

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanabout 6 years agoAuthor
Next chapter submitted, and comments

The third chapter is submitted, and hopefully will be published soon.

Yes, the Easter Egg clues about Julie were subtle, but there. Red Brooke being let out of prison was a suggestion that Julie might also get out of prison. There were some references by 'the woman' to Westboro being 'great', and of course some references to hatred of dogs.

And on we go....

bbarto1900bbarto1900about 6 years ago
im confused

i thought melinna recruited julie to the cia back in a tiny slip 2??? maybe it was a tiny slip 1???

okay, in gods and crowbars Melinna says that mr c disavowed julie (darkwave) because she was sent to kill don and didnt.

lotz took julie from melinna, but darkwave is the one who killed the guys trying to kill troy kids. and she was also the one who "porbably blew the electrical panel"

never mind - kathy larrington was darkwave???

ok - if kathy was darkwave ill go back to the opening line -

i thought melinna recruited julie to the cia back in a tiny slip 2??? maybe it was a tiny slip 1???

Okay, Julie," the woman said. "This is your chance. I need someone of your talents in my organization. If you agree to work for me, you'll get a pardon and a new start with us. You'll undergo a training program that isn't bad at all, and you'll be a better person for it. What do you say?"

"Working for the CIA?" asked Julie. "I could do worse... Mrs. Allgood."

the clearer things become, the more confused i get.

someone help - which story puts julie in supermax?

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanabout 6 years agoAuthor
bbarto1900

You may want to go back and re-read "A Tiny Slip"... Melina TRIED to recruit Julie Newton, who turned on Melina and had a couple of guys beat the crap out of Melina. Ended up in Laura's office, where Joanne shot the bad guys (Dixon and Griswold).

Yes, Kathy Larrington is/was Agent Darkwave. Melina recruited Kathy at Ned's grave site at the end of "Women's Work". Kathy later went to work for Elizabeth, was disavowed by Mr. C., and the Iron Crowbar asked Laura to restore Darkwave from the 'Disavowed' list (all around the "Sandstorm" timeframe).

Elizabeth and Kathy killed Good Time Charlie, who was trying to kill Carole (I think that was around the time of "Film Noir" or "Environmental Hazards").

Julie was re-arrested by the FBI after betraying Melina and handing her over for her (Melina's beating). I might not have explicitly stated that Julie was put in Supermax.

bbarto1900bbarto1900about 6 years ago
thanks

the best movies are the ones you have to watch again so you can see what you missed the first. Great story woven with threads from other stories. i will reread a tiny slip. thanks for making an old mind think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Demon-mole

Don knows there is a demon-mole in the FBI or TCPD so he should have known the raid was a trap.

Don has on heavy armor but is uncomfortable. Does he have a katana hidden on his person? He readily gave up his firearm. They are probably in close quarters. The 27-foot rule means he can kill the warden and guards easily before they react.

I've come to enjoy his using the katana.

Is the demon-mole on Jack's team? Where does the cavalry come from to save the day?

HaroldN

covenant_mancovenant_manabout 6 years ago
Thougts

Great work, as usual.

First, on the 'miscalculation' that Don made regarding Waddell. I wonder if Kathy waited just a moment before alerting Don, knowing that it would give Waddell time to get a shot off, and knowing that she would throw herself in front of said shot. Sort of 'suicide by rogue agent'.

As for the Julie Newton reveal. At first I wondered how she could find herself as the head of the snake, so to speak. But I guess, given that she was Westboro's most trusted confidant, she could easily enough have grabbed control of what was left of his power and influence.

The other part that bothered me about her - and maybe I"m remembering wrong and need to brush up on my older stories - but didn't Don use her sister, with some success, to force Julie to reveal herself, or confess, or something along those lines? I don't remember the specifics, but I thought they put the screws to her sister in order to get to her. Assuming I'm remembering that right, why now would she let her sister rot in prison while she is out running her criminal empire. That seemed to be a break from character (at least the character I'm remembering).

Still, 5 stars and can't wait for the next chapter!

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanabout 6 years agoAuthor
covenant_man

In "Along Came A Spider", the IC did try to get to Julie by interrogating Yvonne. But Julie (like Pharaoh) 'hardened her heart' and didn't confess to anything.

covenant_mancovenant_manabout 6 years ago
Thanks

WW, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't certain how it had gone with Julie. I knew for sure that Don had used her sister, but the outcome had gotten lost somewhere in the abyss of my mind. The switch with Julie and her sister doesn't seem odd now. :)

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Well my second choice. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum9 months ago

I got that the “woman” was Julie Newton. I said that several series in the past. I’m patting myself on my back for getting one right..😀.

chytownchytown7 months ago

*****WOW!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES