All Comments on 'The Gentleman and The Tramps'

by steamoil

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
WONDERFULL

i think that the strenght you american have over other nationality, the willingness to give, to pick each other up

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hmmm, Yanks?

I think the author is British...

gravyruggravyrugover 11 years ago
Yeah, I got a British feel from it, too

The story sounded like a Brit writing a story set in the US, with some confusion of terms. I like the plot, and the characters are mostly good as well. I think this would be better as a longer story, with more time to develop each character. Sparks's history especially suffered from seeming to be shoehorned in, rather than allowed to come out more naturally.

Still, a good effort, and shows promise for future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The revenge against Kates Ex was bizarre.

Using the court system and proper divorce proceedings would have made much more sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wonderful

Regardless of what nationality the auythor is. It is a wonderful story and while divorce would have been a whole lot easier, it also would have let the girl's ex-husband get away scott free with stealing a lot of money from a mother with a new child which just isn't right. It is one of the best stories I have read on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Too Long. Too Predictable. Too Coincidental.

ReadsalotReadsalotabout 11 years ago
Tramps?

The title doesn't make much sense to me. Gentleman I get. Tramps, not so much. All of the women he helps have been in bad sutuations due to no real fault of their own. Some bad decisions were made, and abuse took place. That doesn't make them tramps, at least as I usually think of word. Perhaps it means something different in the UK. A possible play on the title of a certain Disney movie? Not really important, just my tuppence worth.

The con was a bit over the top, but who cares. Something similar has probably been done somewhere.

I did enjoy the story. I choose to believe that there are people such as the Gentleman, who will help if they can.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
great story

I enjoyed the essence of the story but it was choppy. The description was variable in some cases too much others not enough. The characters were great; it took awhile to figure out who Sparks was but it eventually came together. The ending was rushed. All in all, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting

Story had a few unexpected twists and turns and ended up far different than I thought it would in the beginning.

George in Omaha1E

SampkyangSampkyangalmost 8 years ago
Dumped

great story till the mentally ill lesbo part. made a very good story 5 to a 1* just to vote

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
very confused story

Seems to be set in the US with the twin towers and the Pentagon.

But the SAS is the British army special ops unit.

If it was American it would be Special Forces, Rangers or Delta.

In the US tramps is another word for sluts.

Many other Britishisms in the story hire where an American would say rental for example.

Is this in some alternate universe where the British won the Revolutionary War?

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
Two towers tragedy

didn't only kill Americans! Bit confusing though, but didn't spoil the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a Nice Story

As another commented, at first I thought it was set in the US, but then the language convinced me it must have been Great Britain, or maybe Australia. As the story went on I realized it no longer mattered. The storyline about setting up the fake movie company to squeeze cash out of the ex reminded me of a gaggle of grifters setting up a sting. The weird thing about it was that a lawyer was involved. Although these days I guess it's not that unusual to read about lawyers being neck-deep in illegal activities. As I said though, a really nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Nice 5 stars

I didn't care for the lesbo stuff.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Great story

Well done. Good characters, good plot, and we'll written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It all happened too quickly and perfectly. Everyone seemed to fall instantly in love without any issue. No doubts that the scheme would succeed. 3*

Hugo999Hugo9993 months ago

Completely bonkers but enjoyable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous