All Comments on 'The Ghost of a '57 Chevy'

by jfremont

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nice

A Well-told tale.

Thank you

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice story.....

This was a nicely written story. By the end of the first page I was ready to vote it 5 stars, and by the end of the second i was wanting there to be '50 stars" to vote for this one. Then towards the end it became surreal and I was thinking "1 star".....I gave it a five star overall because it was a great read.

Not to be a nitpicker, but- The 1955,56 and 67 Chevrolets had a 283 engine.....which is a "small block"......That year of car never came from the factory with the larger "big block engine".....after you mentioned it several times in your story I had to say something. Not a major thing and doesn't take away from the story in the least.....I am just a car restorer and that became a "niggling" detail for me.....

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesabout 8 years ago
Great Story!

I was more than half expecting Sergeant Joe to recognize his Jenny Mae as the girl who died in the crash.....

ballznall60ballznall60about 8 years ago
Five stars!

Well told tale. Thanks

fixer43fixer43about 8 years ago
More of the same

A perfect story for the Romance category

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed the story but I hope that you finish it. Some might be fine with the ending. I would love to see some of the unanswered questions taken care of.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Again an excellent poignant story

Also this is the second one I have read by this author that leaves the reader just hanging at the end wondering what ultimately happened. In short another unfinished story on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Unusual ending. Sort of "Twilight Zone" Unbelievable that the plot of this story could actually happen.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Further comment

Even though I felt I was left hanging at the end wondering what happened, this was a well written enjoyable story to read. My only real nagative is, and most readers will not agree with me, I felt it went overboard with explicit sex.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 8 years ago
Great Story

Great fantasy. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 8 years ago
Fantasy and a Mysterious Ending - what could be better?

This story was so readable. I just cruised through it without grousing about the fact that it was 5 pages long (usually too long, in my book). It had a surreal tone to it and I felt the otherworldliness of it as soon as Don met Jenny Mae. Their time together, which may have had some excessive sex, was so joyful that I couldn't help but get in their mood and enjoy also. The fact that it didn't have an explicit ending was not at all a negative. I like having a good tale that I can finish in my own mind and I don't think the author should make any attempt to satisfy those who felt he left them hanging. It was a 5* effort and I look forward to more of the same in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful Story!

This is a wonderful story--Human, loving and complete filled with joyful erotic sex. We know from whence the main character comes and we know he returns to the same place magically transformed by a unique life experience. We are given the origin of the fanciful journey and should not be surprised at the ending, which is set up from the moment Jenny Mae appears on the scene, not to mention the dead give away in the title. It fits perfectly the definition of a classic American short story--One object completely worked out in a tight, unified space. It would make a great movie--One expressing much more truth about the human experience of joyful erotic love than most of the Romcoms released today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cool read

Great story it was a cool read.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 5 years ago
I remember the '57 Chevy

They don't make them like that anymore. I also remember the girls from '57, and dated them, too. Those were the days.

But back to the story, it's interesting and erotic. At the same time, it's somewhat haunting. Overall, I enjoyed it as a trip into the past. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous