The Girl in the Red Cloak Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
peaches07
peaches07
456 Followers

"Oh Lukas! I was so scared!" His strong arms felt good about her, she might feel safe again if he left them there for a few hours.

"There, I know. I'm sure you were very brave. I'm sorry I got you mixed up in this. I never should have consented to you coming along." He stroked the back of her head. "I need you to be brave again, Clara. We have to leave here, before the others come back."

"You didn't kill them already?" She'd assumed he'd already fought Kaman's henchmen to get to her.

"Didn't have the chance, they're not here. I don't suppose they thought a little thing like you would need much guarding."

"But they must have guessed you'd be trying to find me."

Lukas shrugged. "I doubt it. These men, they're not the kind to go back for someone who falls behind, and they don't understand men who would. But we have to go now. I can't fight two of them and protect you. Understand?"

She sniffled and nodded, eager to get away from this den of inequity. "But - your shoulder," she reached out a hand to heal him, but he brushed it aside.

"It'll have to wait till later."

They crossed the room, and Lukas motioned her to wait while he checked the hallway. Finding it clear, he took her non-injured hand and led her out. To her surprise, it was only early morning. It felt like she'd been in that hole so much longer. There were few people about, mostly merchants and farmers tending to their wares before the market opened. No one looked twice at the blood-stained duo when they made their exit. Lukas led them off down the street.

"How did you find me?" Clara asked. She was all too aware of how ridiculous she looked, in her nightdress, smeared with blood.

"I saw them taking you last night, and I followed. I was a fool to think they wouldn't sent more men after me, and a bigger one for letting you come along. I followed them to that...place" he used the word distastefully, "and once I talked my way inside it was just a matter of finding the right room.

It wasn't until you screamed that I knew where to look."

Clara was annoyed that her attempt at bravery had been the cause of more pain and suffering. If she'd screamed as soon as Kaman had taken the gag off, her arm might be fine right now. Next time she'd scream.

Next time?!

"So you were hiding about in the hallways, in the dark?" She held her arm gingerly; each step seemed to jar it.

"Yes, trying to be as silent as possible and listen for you or Kaman."

"Hmm," she mused, "I thought you said you didn't skulk."

peaches07
peaches07
456 Followers
12