The Good Book Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You can't tell anybody - promise?" Melissa held Erica's gaze. "Even Robert doesn't know I made this, and he's the star in it. Do you want to watch it?"

Erica chewed her bottom lip. Married just over a year she was beginning to despair at having the kind of sex life she had always dreamed of. Most would say she had it all; a handsome husband who loved her (check.) But wasn't there supposed to be more? What about spontaneous and passionate sex (not really), world shattering orgasms (nope), and the variety and surprise of experimentation (not at all). She had - with Melissa's influence and gentle encouragement - introduced some new positions; girl on top and doggie. An attempt at mutual masturbation had been okay - she finally got him to give her an orgasm but it was clear her husband was unknowing if not uncomfortable with touching her like that. She had fallen asleep that night deeply frustrated.

"Shouldn't I just keep working on the other stuff? Maybe I should just be happy with ... what ... we ..." Erica's resistance died with her words. She sat unmoving as Melissa plugged a video camera into a nearby laptop and turned the screen so they both could view it.

"Sweetie, we need to do something really wild to shake up that husband of yours. Oral sex is essential to the health and happiness of a relationship - period. Sure it's about putting your partners pleasure first - and if you do it right you'll be getting your pleasure second and third and fourth. But it's also a trust issue and one of acceptance and respect. Now I know we've talked and talked and talked - well seeing is believing." Melissa pushed play. "Robert had no idea that I was planning to do this so his reactions are completely unrehearsed. Anytime you want to stop and have me explain something - just ask."

Erica stared at the screen before her then became slowly and utterly entranced as her friend and neighbor orally satisfied her husband. As she watched her arousal became entwined with her resolve - she was going to do this! She was going to do this for her husband, for herself and for their marriage.

****

That very night ...

Brian knew he was going to Hell. This had to be a sin; a terrible, damning sin most likely. Nothing good could come of something like this. Trouble was he had never experienced anything remotely like this. An even bigger problem was just how much Brian didn't want this to stop.

That was the other side of the problem, he knew that only things of the Spirit were meant to last forever. He tried to recall a scripture or verse that could explain this; if not forgive it. The best he could come up, as his rational thought process dissolve into undiluted pleasure, was a vague and distant recollection about making a joyful noise to the Lord -- and somehow that didn't seem appropriate. Even those thoughts lasted about as long a wisp of smoke on a windy day - he gave up his attempt at rationalization.

Resistance was futile, as the pressure within him increased Brian relinquished control to the inevitable - he gave into weakness, surrendering to this pleasure of the flesh. He tried to pray that God strengthen him or at the least forgive his sinful nature, but all that came out of his mouth was the vocalized sound signaling the delirium of his ecstasy. A growing conflagration of heat made him feel as though his whole being would burst into flames at any moment. This heat, this fiery furnace of need - of desire -- this had to be the gateway to Hell. Then a great spasm overwhelmed him, and then another, and another. The light was dimming. Was he dying? "Oh Sweet Jesus."

In the fading light he saw her head lifting from his pelvis. His wife was smiling as she wiped clean her cheek and chin. "Did I do that right Sweetie? Brian, are you alright? Brian!"

****

A few days later ...

"Come in Brian, come in. It's a delight to see you again; have a seat. How are you?"

"I'm good sir, thank you. How are you?" Brian smiled at his family pastor as he took a seat.

"I'm fine thank you -- a little lonely." Michael Reynolds sat opposite Brian on the couch. He rubbed his right hand nonchalantly 'that was one firm handshake.'

"I was so sorry to hear about Mrs. Reynolds. I'd have come to the service but I didn't find out until afterwards." Brian nodded toward a photograph on an end table. "She was always so happy and helpful."

"Not to worry son, not to worry. Myrna wanted it that way. She loved to fuss over people; friend and stranger alike -- well truth be told - there were no strangers to Myrna. All were God's children, so she felt entitled to mother each and every one of them. But woe unto him that tried the same with her, she absolutely detested having any attention directed at her. We had forty-three incredible years together -- forty three. She's so much a part of me there are times I don't feel as if she's really gone." The Reverend Michael Reynolds paused in remembrance, smiling as he thought of his forty-three years with Myrna. When that woman chose to fuss, there was no stopping her. The good Reverend smiled to himself - Myrna knew how to love a man and make sure he knew it too. Oh how he missed being thoroughly fussed over.

"But what about you? How is that beautiful young wife of yours - Erica right? It was a lovely invitation by-the-way, Myrna appreciated the photograph of the two of you. She thought the two of you made a lovely couple. We would have really enjoyed attending your wedding; for Myrna that would have been quite a treat. Unfortunately that was about the time that Myrna's health took a turn for ... well, there I go again talking about me. What about you Brain? Married life agreeing with you?"

"Yes. Erica's amazing, she's great. It's like I feel whole -- complete." Brian squirmed in apparent contradiction to his statement.

"Complete. Good, that's certainly good to hear. Now I imagine you don't have a lot of time so why don't we skip right to the reason that you drove so many hours to see an old retired minister on a beautiful Saturday that you could be spending with your wife? And let's begin with you calling me Mike. It makes me feel more comfortable."

Brain heaved a sigh and began to tell Mike what had been going on during the last few months of their marriage. "After we moved into our new neighborhood things began to change. Up to that time Erica has always looked to me for guidance and to - well, you know - initiate things. Well not only did she start initiating, but she began to do things we had never done before. My mom used to say that a Christian woman would never ..."

"Stop! Stop right there Brian." The retired Reverend Michael Reynolds raised his hand, palm facing Brian in warning. "I have a sense where this is headed and damned if I will ... well shoot, pardon my language ... I'm going to be truthful with you Brian and very direct as we sit here talking man to man. Your mother is a great woman; a shining star in God's firmament. After your father died in that tragic accident she did a tremendous job of raising you and your sisters. You are one of the finest young men I have had the pleasure of knowing and I'm too old to just be saying that.

"But having said that, your mother did not and could not take the place of your father. She will always see things through a mother's eyes, a woman's eyes and that is as it should be. Your mother is a great woman and your three sisters are wonderful women in their own right. These virtuous women have given you a wonderful female perspective on the world. Unfortunately you had no uncles or other significant male figures in you life. Oh, I know, I know, you had the occasional male teachers and coaches, but those were relationships that had a societal purpose - not a familial one - and they were often very temporary. There really was no one man to model the male perspective of the world; now if I recall correctly even our youth pastor was a woman. Women, women, women: am I making any sense to you son?" Rev. Mike spoke purposefully. At a slow nod from Brian he continued.

"Now I believe you took the abstinence pledge when you turned thirteen, correct? And you and Erica were both virgins when you married? My, my that is very commendable Brian. Now, I want you to listen to me very carefully, you fulfilled your abstinence pledge - it's off the books. When you married Erica you stood before God, family, and friends, and at that moment you took on a new pledge. You made a vow to your wife - to Erica - to love, to honor, and to cherish her. This new covenant is meant to be fulfilled each and every moment of your lives together. Part of that pledge of love is you giving your body to her and she giving her's to you.

"Brian a marriage is based on love (self-giving) and sacrifice (to make it holy). When a husband and wife come together and make love - look at the signifigance in that phrase Brian, people 'have' sex (just like some people say they have a bad back!) - committed couples 'make' love. It's creative, it's constructive, they are building and strengthening their lives together with it. That kind of love-making naturally results in supreme pleasure: that indescribable joy is meant to cement the bonds of marriage.

"You said that being married to Erica makes you feel complete. That closeness and wholeness is God's intention. Within the bounds of your marriage and your mutual fidelity to one another -- there is no sin in any action consented to. Whatever the two of you decide to do, well that is for the two of you to decide -- and to enjoy in the discovery and the experimentation of your lives together. There is no sin in your joy.

"Do you ever wonder why the Old Testament has all of these stories where one husband has many wives? So many stories about who begat who? In the ancient world the emphasis was on 'being fruitful' - many wives, equals many mothers, equals many, many children. Marriages were arranged between families; it was mergers and acquisitions between families. It was about alliances of power, protecting assets, and having lots of children. Love was a possible by-product but it was certainly not the aim; the aim was procreation.

Procreation is sex - that's all - it's simple biology. A male and a female join together, the male ejaculates and if a viable egg is present then pregnancy may or may not result. The good lord saw fit to put a powerful drive to procreate in His Creation. Sex is powerful, sex is deep drive within humanity. Everyone feels the need to have sex, that's why chastity and abstinence are so challenging. It's a drive and a need so powerful that that reason is all too often overwhelmed. Simply put any fool can have sex. And judging by the tragic numbers of absentee fathers and single moms there are far too many fools out there. Not that marrying for sex is any better. Once the bloom is off the rose you have to finally figure out how to deal with all the thorns.

"A marriage founded in love is different Brian. The act of love between husband and wife is much more then the effort to create new life. Why? Because exclusivity greatly intensifies the already overwhelming power of the pleasure of our giving ourselves one to another.

"Adultery by its very definition is a diluting or devaluing of the joy of the marital bond. Let me tell something, the words 'I never meant to hurt you' are as empty a phrase as I have ever heard - and in my many years of counseling I've heard it uttered far too many times. Do you know where the greatest hurt is, the most enduring pain? It's not the physical act of betrayal, it's the loss trust, it's the loss of being valued. And that's what leads to the weakening of the very foundations of a marriage.

"Brian the antidote to devaluation is its opposite - appreciation. Every effort humanly possible must be made to give your spouse as much marital pleasure as possible - spiritually, mentally, emotionally, financially, and physically. I have every confidence and you haven't indicated otherwise that the first four are well taken care of; that leaves the physical. Which brings us to the crisis of you being here. Are you doing everything possible to physically appreciate your wife?

"I think I am." Brian felt suddenly naive and inadequate. He was truly at a loss for words. "Erica hasn't said anything ... bad."

"That's not good enough Brian," the good reverend leveled a kindly gaze at the young man before him. "What I'm saying to you is - let me use the vernacular of an earlier time - 'if it feels good, do it!' You have an incredible woman in Erica. She seems intent on making you a very happy husband. It is clear to me that you love her with all your heart. Your task is to find a way to "value" what she is bringing into your marriage, what she is offering to you. Every day Brian, every single day you must value her and appreciate her. Am I making myself clear Brian?"

"Yes sir, ah Mike. So you're saying that what Erica did was not a sin? But I thought that the only kind of woman that does that sort of..."

"Silence! I swear by all that is good and precious that I will take up one of my golf clubs and knock you senseless if you shame yourself by talking about your wife that way. How dare you even think of her that way?" The former Reverend Michael Reynolds stood up and thundered into the room. "You would do well to recall what is written in the Bible rather then listen to the bitter recriminations of frustrated fools who have mistaken sex for love or even worse have no idea of the difference.

"Brian, even a casual reading of the New Testament will reveal that Christ our Lord held women in the highest regard. Your wife, your Erica did nothing more than try to provide you with as much pleasure as she could - did she not do her womanly best? Do you think women are inferior to men? No? Good I knew you had a good head upon your shoulders.

"Now concerning women, did not Jesus appear to women first upon His Resurrection? Yes he did. Jesus valued women. He did not look town on them or demean them, nor did He judge them. I'm talking about marriage, sex, and love. Do you remember the story of the adulteress? A crowd of men was about to stone her to death. Jesus steps between them and challenges them saying, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." What did the mob do? They dropped there weapons and retreated - in shame. In shame!" It had been a while since Reverend Reynolds had preached and he enjoyed the feeling of the Holy Spirit filling him and moving through him again.

"The Lord Our God, Christ Jesus, My Lord and Savior was the only one there without sin. He had the power to judge her, he had the power to condemn her, and yet He did not!" The Reverend pointed an arthritic finger at Brian. "He knew what she had done and He knew by Law that the crowd was within their rights to put her to death - TO DEATH - and yet He intervened to show a Higher Law. Brian I want you to consider this closely -- Jesus chose not to judge her, he did not cast a stone. He didn't even condemn her by his speech. What did He do? Instead of accusing, instead of judging, instead of allowing a life to be taken, He gives life where death was imminet. He offers us the ideal of forgiveness and tells this woman, this acknowledged adulteress to go and sin no more; to return to her husband and try again. Study Christ's actions and words in the New Testament. I think you'll surprise yourself at the modernity of Our Savior's actions."

"Brian ... son, are you truly intending to cast the judgmental stones of your thoughts and feelings at the love of your life?"

Brian looked down at the floor as a blush of shame filled him. "No. No, of course not I would never do that. I'm sorry Mike. I love Erica so much. When she did what she did ... it felt so incredible. But selfish at the same time, I mean ever since she did it, I've wanted her to do it again. Sometimes it's all I think about."

Mike Reynolds smiled and sat down beside Brian and placed his hand on his shoulder with fatherly affection. He could see the transformation in Brian's expression and eyes. "Brian, believe me when I tell you that I know exactly what you mean. Be honest with your wife, let her know what pleases you and then let her do her best. Be open to discovering new ways of pleasing and pleasuring and by that I mean don't say no until you've tried something new ... maybe a couple of times or more. Give it a chance to do it right.

"I going to close this little chat by reminding you of the Golden Rule -- do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Erica has given you a tremendous gift. Don't you think it's time to give to her in return, a gift only you can give her? Imagine you making her feel as she made you feel. Imagine that gift being given back and forth between the two of you -- again and again and again. Brian it got to the point in my marriage to Myrna where she and I tried to "out love" one another." Mike sighed in memory as a smile played across his face. "You do that Brian and you're life and marriage will be deeply and richly blessed."

"Yes sir, I mean Thanks Mike." Brian paused as he stood shaking Mike's hand. "I know what I need to do. I know what I'm going to do. Thank you."

Mike smiled as he walked Brian to the door. "I'm sure you do, I'm sure you do. Pay attention and you'll learn what your wife likes. Listen with your heart and you'll discover what she loves. Now get home to her."

Reverend Michael Reynolds watched Brian drive slowly away. Oh to be a fly on the wall of their bedroom tonight; the thought tickled his mind. He looked at his own wedding photograph on the mantle. Myrna had been a virgin on their wedding night too. But Lordy Lordy Lordy what unbridled enthusiasm she had in the discovery of the joys of matrimonial love -- a joy she shared without inhibition right up to the end of their earthly time together. He smiled and was reminded of a promise he'd made to his wife; perhaps it was time to fulfill that promise.

****

Later that very day ...

It was late afternoon when Brian returned home. Entering through the kitchen Brian found his wife dusting shelves in their living room. She was wearing a white sundress that was backlit by the setting sun. Her lithe figure was aflame in golden light. She looked up and smiled at her husband.

"Hi honey, how was your friend? Did you have a nice visit?" Erica looked at her husband and felt her heart melt. Unfortunately that molten love seemed to want to pour right out from between her legs. She tried to suppress the images in her head and the deep need in her body. She felt her breasts swell and nipples harden. She tried to smile in innocence, but it felt more like a lust-filled leer. Deep inside her heart a small part of her despaired at her physical state. How was it possible that her husband did not know the impact his mere physical presence had on her? God how she wanted him: how she wanted to be taken by him. She felt her arousal begin to trickle down her inside thigh. Dear God please!

Brian looked at his wife and felt a surge of heat within him. He had fought these feelings for so many years. He had become a master of self-discipline and self-restraint. He thought about Reverend Mike's words and made a descision that when it came to his wife he would master these feelings no more. He strode across the space between them and took her in his arms. Squeezing her body to his he crushed his lips to hers.

Erica was stunned. Brian's embrace was swift and powerful. She felt helpless to resist him yet secure enough to surrender completely. His lips were everywhere on her mouth, face and neck. His hands seemed to be everywhere at once too, caressing her back, squeezing her butt, and pawing her breasts. Her body was on fire as never before. Words got caught in her throat.

Brain grabbed handfuls of sundress and pulled upwards tossing the dress aside. He was assailed by the intoxicating fragrance of her arousal. Erica's perfect breasts were covered with a red flush, her nipples distended and hard. She was panting uncontrollably. Her white cotton panties looked as if she'd peed herself. Brian knelt and was overcome by the smell of her need. It was his need now too. He grasped her hips and pushed his face into her crotch, his tongue darted out to the wet crease before him.