All Comments on 'The Goodbye'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Damn

Revenge from the grave. Oh well, better than nothing.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 8 years ago
a bit

stupid really, she booked up her hotel bills to a credit card she knew her husband was paying the bill for. Just a stupid revenge story with little imagination. TK

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
I am reminded of a story

The story was by 'can'tbuymy'.

Like that story, the lead character in this piece is the money. Paragraph after paragraph about money.

Okay.

So this is dry as hell to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It could have been worse.

Or not. This was just the usual crappy revenge story with no imagination and no real emotion behind it. For someone who was so angry that he ruined the rest of her life, he seemed rather blasé about the whole thing. His final days spent in anger and revenge? I dont know anyone who has passed away wishing they had ruined someone's life.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
It's in the bad moments that the real character of a person shows up...

It's in the bad moments that the real character of a person shows up...For a person that had looked death in the eyes, she didn't learnt anything with it...She stayed the selfish person she was...His only way to make her pay was through what would make her suffer more: The money she was expecting to inherit and then through public humiliation in the funeral...3*

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Test of Character

Under stress a person's true character is revealed. When the moment comes where life and death hang in the balance how each of us faces that situation defines us. For some it can occur during an emergency when there may be no real threat to themselves but death is lurking. For others it may be the threat of their own imminent demise. The fear of death, an the desire to live are temptations for us all to throw away what is important in life and trade it for a temporary escape.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW this is heavy

those of us of the age of the characters in this presentation, this is for real... Having been close to friends and relatives, this author has or had some major input from some real time people.... thank you

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 8 years ago
FD45 hit the nail on the head.

This is a dry, emotionless grocery list.

looking4itlooking4itover 8 years ago

Don't kid yourselves. There were some CPA's that really got off on this story. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
2*s

Okay. Now that this flash scene is over, I have a question.

When are you going to write a story? Not someone plotting revenge. A complete story like you did back in 2014,2013.

Hopefully sometime soon because I ,and orhers did enjoy your stories. Before,lol.

AMerryman

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
A goose walking over a grave shiver aka She's gone

Story t.ouched on very taboo areas. I see previous critiques as being valid but wieliczka went to a very dark and unique place in telling this story. This was non-erotic but concise and didn't tarry in the telling. The story got serious traction when husband actually voiced his reasons for financially cudgeling of spouse. This wasn't a great story ,but definitely was worthy of being told. I think the author for sharing

RhomanovRhomanovover 8 years ago
***

Dunes and wind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really?

Nothing but a chore list here. Not sure I'don't waste my last few days of life on this. Detailed revenge list, not a story. A ridiculously high score too. At most a two.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Interesting

I think the point of the story was that wifey-poo cared most about money so they made sure to hit her where it would do the most damage, hence the "dry" focus on money. As a flash story, ok. Would have been interesting to have a narrative on the wake going back and forth with this bit - unfold both stories - would have allowed us to see her reaction which would have been sadistic fun.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
What I don't get

Why would he pay off the credit card balances instead of leaving his cheating wife with the debt?

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
It's his bucket list

It's not as if he'd be able to do anything else besides lay there and watch TV while he waits for the end to come.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Certainly no tension in the tale

HDK and FD45 were quite correct in their observation. It was very dry. On the other hand the basic underlying tale of selfishness is shocking.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
a case of shooting the messenger?

I don't think even the author who claim this is a masterpiece of literature. What he could say is that the fear of abandonment by a hitherto satisfactory spouse just at the closing stage of life when we would like to be comforted most is an ultra disquieting subject. I hold HDK in high regard as an author and FD45 never cuts corners in whatever he focuses on, either as an author or in comments.

But I think they are throwing wielicdzka's baby out with bathwater. The author's method might well be open to question But his chosen topic is definite boat rocker. Kudos to him from me on that account.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
An interesting take on BTB

And while it seemed okay on the surface, I think a decent attorney and a forensic accountant gets all the money back and more. I bet wifey sues the friends for collusion and takes them to the cleaners. And it's funny how much information a good computer expert can find. Nice try, but this was a failure.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
LSD

TRUE! The beginning struck a nerve for many people. Men, now divorced who will face their final years alone. Women in the same circumstance. What to do?

But I found that original emotionally gripping piece quickly relegated into the 'excuse' to launch into 'death by a thousand CPAs'. I was so numb about ALL that legal crap that when the dying man once again spoke about something besides credit reports, it was a shock.

If he had written an exploration of dying alone...or assisted suicide, I would have been a lot less critical. But that isn't what was written. It was 'Didn't I think of clever fiscal ways to fuck over a wife?'

Maybe it was clever. Maybe it would work. But if felt cheap and tawdry. Just off the top of my head, having a big meeting with all their mutual loved ones invited where he says his final good byes...and she was off gallivanting. BAM! Her entire social life is ruined. Her reputation is in the dirt.

Compared to that, money seems incidental.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 8 years ago
Sad.

A man demeans himself so with such pettiness at his last dying moments. Something he will surely have to remember for the rest of his eternity in hell.

Such a waste and such a poor human being. I hope that he actually died in extreme agony and pain and his friends are lower than dirt to help him. What trash.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
FD45

I think he's already done all of that, as noted by the fact that the children have already turned against her. He's already gone through the emotional pain of her betrayal and come out the other end as he's reconciled himself to the prospect of dying without her support. Now he's on his deathbed, barely able to move or speak, his emotions likely dulled by the pain medications being used to make his last hours as comfortable as possible. He's already said his goodbyes to the kids, and this is his last meeting and farewell to the friends to have helped him send his goodbye message to his faithless wife. That's why the title of the flash story is "The Goodbye."

This is one of those rare occasions when it would actually be good to continue the story from the wife's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice.

Really like the story and would love to see a sequel with the wife reacting all that the husband had done. Sure the kids will not exactly be willing to share all that much considering how much she 'cared' for her husband when he got ill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is Literotica. How is this literature or erotic?

This website is turning into the "I hope she cheats so we can all revel in it" depressing collection of ill will and bad news. How is that erotic? Why bother?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
how fucking depressing

Why bother, the idea of this site is light reading, or for erotica.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 8 years ago
Vindictive Bean Counting

BTB with a green eye shade. Yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hey FD45 how about you write another lame ass story

hey FD about you write a BTB story without doing your normal cuck it up with a Wimpy character I think you model after yourself

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
Thank you. a good 5* story

Which, though short, packed a powerful punch.

cpetecpeteover 8 years ago
fast and wicked

like a sucker punch-well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Died, went to hell

And deserved it. Maybe the author should consider suicide before the pain of living his pathetic life becomes too severe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great up until

The jackasses outright stated a woman needs to be destroyed for cheating while a guy gets rewarded. A cheating slut cunt is a cheating slut cunt, man or woman. Fuck off, grow a sense of morals and come back when you can not only BTB properly, but also do it without sounding like you're checking inventory.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 8 years agoAuthor
thanks for your comments

Statements on the dryness of the story are correct. If you have ever been with someone who has their body deteroriating, and their mind functioning. It is rough on them

All they can do is think. In this case, max damage is financial, social and family, and to make them deal with the endless problems of financial clean up. Payback.

I wrote this from the point of that real.life story of the man who was effectively emotionlly abandoned by his wife. Sorry. May she rot in hell or anyone else who abandons a loved one at their time of need.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow, what a lot of hate and anger.

Something about this story makes me feel sorry for the wife. I understand the plot, and the setup that she turned away from her dying husband. I get the cruel irony that he stayed by her during a previous serious illness, in stark contrast to her abandonment. But something here is missing, or just doesn't fit. Actually, his wife cheating with a married man is more despicable than her abandoning her husband, in my opinion.

Some people just freak out, go AWOL, intellectually and emotionally curl up into the fetal position and zone out when they have to confront the death of a loved one. And the emotions can be really unexpected. Like anger at the dying person, denial that the person is even sick, and mind numbing fear of being alone. So I wonder if maybe the wife really needed some help, some understanding, some intervention, to help her see what she appears to have closed her mind and her heart to. Yes, he will have financially devastated her. And left her with the memory that the man she abandoned abandoned her as well. By their final acts of cruelty, anger, revenge, and betrayal, they will demonstrate to their children and family that their entire marriage ended up being a sham, faked, meant NOTHING.

What a bleak and ugly legacy to leave behind. I think he might have chosen a more principled and forgiving final act. He had nothing to gain, and nothing to lose. So why not go out with some magnanimity, and class. Just my thoughts.

Thank you for the time and effort. I suspect it was painful for you as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 * Flash Story

Loved this ! Short , surgical , and deserved ! It was clearly noted that the husband had stood with his wife as she went through a major cancer ordeal , but when the husband has a major health problem , she can't get far enough away fast enough !

He is therefore left with only one way to respond . His body simply can't fight her betrayal in the normal way, so he uses his mind (plus some true friends) to do the only recourse left him !

Very good thought provoking yarn ! 5*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Okay

There's no way this is as good as the story above it. Checked the comments first. When an author comments on his own story to explain it, you know it's poorly written I'll pass.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
cold, clinical,

vindictive,

pointless

His illness went beyond the physical. He was deeply emotionally troubled as well.

sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sad, Realistic

Nicely written. If it had been me, the only thing that I would have done differently is had the funeral director take the broken wedding ring off my finger and hand it to the bitch just before they closed the casket with a note from me read allowed inviting my friends to attend the burial and asking her, in front of everyone, not to attend since she had broken my heart. Personally I wouldn't want to spend eternity wearing anything related to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

so fucking boring. put it in non-erotic next time. even better, don't post another one like this.

oldwayneoldwayneover 8 years ago
Loved the happy ending!

Five Stars!

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
I don't think so

So he spent his last days spiting his wife instead of enjoying himself. Dumb call.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Thought Experiment

If this wife, instead of crawling onto another cock, instead did a header into a bottle of vodka, would we see her as evil or would we see her as a weak damaged person who could not cope with the death of a loved one?

Cause the difference between that vodka bottle and what she is doing now is the same: avoiding an emotionally shattering existence. I see her as wrong and weak, not evil.

Maybe if her friends tried to help HER cope with something just as shattering to her as the dying guy instead of basking in her burning credit report and their own self righteousness, they might have helped TWO people, not just one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@FD45

They are not the same. We don't know why she turned to another man, or when she turned to another man. It would have been good if the friend couple could have had a sit down with wife and all of the kids. Let them know that we all need to pull together to support. I would hope that would happen but in the end, their loyalty is to the dying friend. Those two have been bonded from childhood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Who gives a shit?

Author is working out some personal demons, which is good, but as far as entertainment, this story lacked... everything. That fucking laundry list of financials could be the most boring thing ever posted on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LOL

A good BTB in the death story. The wife should sue her kids in the court. Ha Ha Ha.

Long legal pocedure and long time fight and eternal bad connection with her kids, not to watch her grandkids. Ha Ha Ha. Good BTB!

5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why?

So much time and energy about revenge. Which is completely under stable by the way. Would have made a lot more sense spending that money while he lived instead of not being able to be around to see the impact.

Shitty friends too. Should have talked him into a around the world cruise or buying an island with 10k virgins or something where he was able to have a tangible benefit from his actions.

**

wieliczkawieliczkaover 8 years agoAuthor
I'm in the process of filling in Part 2

To be honest with you, I was unsatisfied with what I wrote. As a one off, it worked. But in reality, it was incomplete emotionally and with the relationships involved. I know what I want to say and it should take 2-3 weeks to put it together.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 8 years ago
I always love a happy ending!

Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A fucking grocery list

Would have been as interesting.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
THE READERS WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM HER

an explanation and a big WHY.. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Wow!

Not a whole lot to say.

I totally agree with his feelings how ESPECIALLY after he stood by her when SHE nearly died, then she pretty much abandoned him when he was dying.

And the abandonment on TOP OF the cheating, which as he said, he probably would have OK'd if she had the honesty to come to him with her physical needs AND stood by him during HIS time of need.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A powerful tale

I learned my own lesson when it comes to injury and death and the power of ones spouse.

After a terrible logging injury that left me comatose and near death, I eventually woke to my wife sitting by my bed. Nurses told me she lived at my side. Throughout it all, she was at my side, helping me relearn to walk, talk, eat and yes, even swallow. She endured the blackouts and fainting spells, cleaned me and somehow, stayed sane through it all.

With our income cut some 65%, she took a second job when I was able to be left alone. Our two young children, ages 5 and 7 at the time, stepped in to help me when ever she wasn't there. My wife came home from work exhausted, would eat something and rest if I didn't require anything, then leave for her second job. During the entire 10 year rehabilitation process, she never once complained nor shirked what she saw as her duty.

Now, some 30 years after that injury, we're still together and life is almost completely normal. Memory loss will always be there but as she loves to say, she is my memory. I remember little of what happened before that terrible injury, but to me, our life started the day I woke up and it has been a wonderful life I wouldn't trade for the world. Never did she cheat or think of leaving me and when I asked her about it one day, she was so shocked, she simply couldn't believe I asked such a question.

God, I love that woman!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
in sickness and in health

Even if she didn't vow to 'forsake all others' virtually all wedding vows include 'in sickness and in health' and 'for better or for worse'.

If you are the sort of person that will crawl into a bottle or the arms of another while abandoning your sick spouse; then DON"T MARRY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not bad

Too bad you had to write the sequel to unburn the bitch.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
#2 THE VOWS ONLY SAY WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO

not what you have to do or will do TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To Anonymous 03/09/17

You are one immature stupid egotistical ASSHOLE! If you ever have to face what this story is trying to impart, I fear for your sanity. I have had to say goodbye to my mother, bio-dad, adoptive father, BEST friend, and now my wife of 23 years that hasn't happened yet. YOU KNOW NOTHING OF EMOTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS YOU STUPID, MORONIC FUCKHEAD!!!

This story is all about the pain and anguish that loved ones must face when the other end of life occurs! I hope you seek mental health professionals to help you with your lack of humanity. Maybe you should be with that fuckhead in Syria, Assad. The two of you could buttfuck each other into eternity, because you certainly don't fit in a loving, caring society. I'll bet you tortured dumb animals as a brat kid.

firewolf54firewolf54over 6 years ago
wow

these anonymous sure are brave when they don't have to use their names huh

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
@Tazz317..... I disagree about the vows.

The vows are non-negotiable. They're not suggestions or what you should or not do. They're not up for debate. They are PROMISES to a life long commitment of specific actions and circumstances that ensure the sanctity of the union in front of officials, friends and family. You must have never been married to say what you did. You obviously have no clue what it really means to be married. Being married doesn't mean just for the free sex. Being married is not just the physical joining of two people together, it's also the spiritual joining of two souls together. The bond, if properly formed, runs very deep and can be very strong. Any, and I mean ANY interference in that bond can have disastrous and destructive results and will have lasting repercussions on far more people than just the three or more individuals involved. Like a stone dropped in a pond, the ripples can spread far and wide and echo long after the stone was dropped.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Burn the bitch

Such a fitting and deserved burn for this heartless cheating bitch. Difficult to believe anyone could be that heartless.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Payback is hell do as was done to you

Good

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Decent story, but....

Decent story, good angle to push. But seriously need to improve your use of pronouns and clarify your dialogue, especially writing in 3rd person. Take a writing class, it can help immensely.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Should have stayed with him. No one should die alone.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

My favorite of all your stories. Cold blooded financial revenge on a terrible cheating wife.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Burned

As bad as it was, the revenge on this wife wasn't close to being enough.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Not what I expected!

I expected the narrator to be the betrayed spouse, but telling the story in this way was very original and creative. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
too bad

the sequel turns him into a cuck

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Well planned ending.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

The best I can say is that I wish I'd written this. It is solid, clear, and condensed just as it would be in life, or death. Solid, solid 5***** story!

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A sad ,sad tale. I enjoyed it . AAAA+++

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again, this one is really unbelievable. What absolutely devastating planning to destroy the cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I grew up in the 70’s. Back then, men ( or boys) pursued woman ( or girls) They would flirt with you, but it was up to the guy, to ask them out. It was also up to the woman, how fast the psysical relationship progressed. In high school, they held the cards. Once graduation hit, the pressure on these women to move out of the home, find a husband, etc. changed the dynamic some. Men were under pressure to “ make something of themselves”. Today, both sexes are fine living in their parents basement in their 30’s. Getting married is no longer a rite of passage. And women, have become another version of men. There is no longer a better, or fairer sex. They both take what they can from a relationship, and move on. I have witnessed a waitress at a bar, and a girl at e gym, both get shot down hitting up a guy. The fact that they were brazen enough to do it, not even asking if the man was attached, but then I was shocked when the guys turned them down, as both women were attractive. I guess this is so common, that men are desensitized to it. I remember a saying growing up, that was told to girls” why should he buy the cow, if you are giving away the milk for free?”. Today, the women are going up to total strangers, and saying “ milk me please”. The chances of you marrying someone today, who would never cheat on you, is less than even. Marriage will not favor the guy, especially if he has kids. Better to stay single, I think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I grew up in the 50’s. College in the 60’s. Now, both my body and my mind are giving out. Don’t know if my wife has taken a lover, either physically or emotionally. It’s OK if she has, as long as I keep getting her emotional support. If that would end, I could do the same financial destruction outlined here in short order. I’ve got my bottle of saved pills, too. Nice to find s story I can identify with so closely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Facing a similar medical (only) situation - but not yet as advanced as the MC - i can relate to the pain of watching a loved one decline...

...this was well-written as far as the emotional pain is concerned. Fortunately, that's all I have in common with the MC... but that's enough.

Excellently done, and. "5"...

...now to read on throght the rest of the series !

EastCoaster

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very sad story.

PLEASE get a proof reader!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Knew a guy who worked fulltime and paid for student loans, food and accomodation for his girlfriend for 3 years. As soon as she graduated the cunt left him.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was a heart worming store of friends helping friends

you don't find that much anymore

the wife got what she deserved nothing

********** 10 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Than God for his loving friends and family.

His wife, and all spouses, male and female, I hope he'll has a special place for them.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

So Sad but aa touching story and I hate Cheaters (i had 3 of them ) (jaybee186)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES