All Comments on 'The Heart is a Poor Judge Ch. 01'

by kidboise

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
o2byoungo2byoungover 6 years ago
Love your slow builds

So often parents seem to know, as Gabe's Ma knows. Might as well admit it, get things out in the open. I feel Ma doesn't have long, and Gabe needs to find someone to LOVE! Yes, I'm a glutton for gay romance. (It shows in my own stories)

IMHO you are a delightfully good writer. This story is entirely different than 'Mikey and the Chickadee' and I started to read this one, based on the 'Mikey' story. Kid, keep up the good work, and I'll keep reading. I really enjoy stories with plot, and something other than sex after steamy sex scenes.

I apologize for only voting a four, should have been a five star!

Doug (aka o2byoung)

MyAthenaMyAthenaabout 6 years ago
Dark

That was really a change from the office-world-suburbia of your other story. Not everybody could pull this off. You are a very good writer. I like the elliptical pace you chose for this one. I like your descriptions and metaphors ("the slow decay and rebirth of the old town"). Even having enjoyed this darker piece, I was worried that you would leave Mikey and the Chickadee hanging. But yay! Here came 7.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Never stop writing.

That’s it.

caeruleacaeruleaalmost 6 years ago

I'm super intrigued by this! The setting is so mysterious, it feels like the near future (and reminds me of William Gibson's writing); the year his mom was born really surprised me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He KB. Hope this note finds you well and surviving Covid by staying safe, distant, wearing a mask and getting the vaccine.

I'm intrigued by this story, both the main one dealing with what appears to be something illegal, and the underlying story of Gabe dealing with his sexuality while caring for his mother.

I do hope there is more of this story to come, and that you're just experiencing a lag in writing.

Thank you for your very good writing and story telling.

Tony B (bugbord)

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

I've read all of this Author's other work and had 'saved' this one for a weekend binge. Definitely on the darker side. Kidboise's writing is always a workout for my brain. Looks like Gabe's story will be no different.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkidboise@kidboise
166 Followers
Just someone who loves to write. Originally from Boise, Idaho. Now living in Vancouver, British Columbia. So glad to hear that some of you are enjoying my stories. Follow me on twitter/instagram: kid8oise

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES