All Comments on 'The Helldesk Ch. 03'

by HiddenHelix

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very nice!

Thank you so much fit this awesome Story!

wanderinggipsywanderinggipsyalmost 7 years ago
Emma with all her vulnerability and yet a never say die attitude,one of the best etched out female characters on lit yet!!:))

Emma drawn out very well so far...with all her vulnerability and yet a never say die attitude !!:)) her struggle to cope with a previous affair breakdown and the following inertia...the dilemmas and everything....the fight against meaninglessness..very well portrayed!! :)).....But whats cool about your male lead breaking down an already broken girl who's still struggling hard against her trauma?!;))

If he doling out bdsm to females is the skeleton of your story...you can create other female leads for him coming out of snug,cosy and happy pasts!! ;))..and spare Emma!! :))

HiddenHelixHiddenHelixalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@WanderingGipsy

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm very glad you like the portrayal of Emma. I'm going to go back and edit some of the previous stories this weekend to try and make her a little less mercurial and/or bipolar. She is definitely coming from a fairly fucked up past, and that has had a significant impact on what turns her on. You mentioned her desire for meaning and a real connection - something that I would think is the aim of most of us - but the things (and people) that personify that meaning don't always appear in the way or the form we might expect. Letting Emma drift away and replacing her with a generic sub persona would be less interesting to me. It would amount to a cop out (and probably) a more unremarkable story - cheap thrills and little more.

My literary craft is pretty nascent right now, however I'm not the kind of person to settle for 'average' or the easily achievable, so whilst The Admin could probably find as much meaninglessness as he desires, he's clearly been knocked a little sideways by what he's seen of Emma, and is a little torn by what he's done and what he's seen of her past. My desire is to create a believable interaction between the two of them and to see where it leads. I only have the barest framework for the next two chapters and a couple of ideas past that. I'm as interested to see how it develops as the people who have favorited it are.

Hope you stay for the ride!

Thanks,

HH

wanderinggipsywanderinggipsyalmost 7 years ago
Hi HH!!:))

Thanks bunches for a lovely reply!!:)) whatever your story may be its way above average!!:)) and you claim your writing talent is nascent....to readers like me...it seems you have had this talent through centuries...through many past live.....forever like!! :)) Amazing story....and hell..of course i'm on the ride with you like so many never say die reader fans of yours!!:))

Happy writing!!:))

WG:))

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I hope she tells him no

I hope she tells him no, but if he wants to do something safe, sane, and consentual in a few months, give her a call.

Timtom12Timtom12almost 7 years ago
Well, I'm hooked

So, when's the next one coming out? I can't believe I read through them all that fast.

HiddenHelixHiddenHelixalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@Timtom12

So, after much delay, and a little third party input, Chapter 04 has finally been submitted for publication. Should surface early next week, hopefully.

There is likely to be an equally long delay before Chapter 05 is up. This is truly my crossroads when it comes to the plot and future character developments. I have no desire for things to stagnate, and so things must either evolve or catastrophically devolve. The storm WILL shortly be upon them and, either they will awaken upon a foreign shore like Viola, or they will be wrecked upon some barren reef and sucked down into the inky, unforgiving depths..... <..oh the malodorous melodrama!!.. > Let me know which way you would like to see things go. Reader input has had a significant impact upon plot elements in this chapter, for which I am very grateful. Perspective is a marvelous thing - without it I would probably be in a tailspin right now.

So where next?

I have so little fleshed out for Chapter 05 that I'm sorry to say this will take a while. However, I'm going to work with the sounding boards I have, and I very much hope you will end up believing it was worth the wait. Hopefully somewhere towards the middle of August? Thank you, and I hope enjoy!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous