The Hostage Situation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eventually the trial began and the background behind Scott's actions slowly began to come out. It turned out that, as he'd claimed that evening, he had worked in an office when he was younger, but quit after being cruelly spurned by one of the females on his team. In a bout of depression, his existing casual drug use developed in to a dependency, and he quickly fell in to a life of crime to fund his habit. After years of abuse, Scott developed an acute form of schizophrenia which doctors explained will have been present throughout his life but was magnified by the effects of drugs. It was this illness, they argued, that had caused him to perform such a heinous crime, and they urged the judge to take this in to account in his sentencing. The judge did indeed consider their plea, and sentenced Scott to receive ongoing psychiatric treatment whilst serving his sentence. However, he said that the crime was so troubling that he had no option but to issue a maximum possible sentence.

As for me, like most of the others involved, I took a few weeks off to try and get my head around what happened, but ended up resigning shortly after returning to work. In all the company had about 20 people leave within 3 months of the incident occurring. I still see Dwayne every now and then, but only when we're drunk do we relive the events of that night... and only when we're very drunk do we toast the glorious moment that Dwayne put Stacey firmly in her place.