The House Hadn't Changed Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D. Elbee
D. Elbee
151 Followers

As we entered the room the phone was ringing and I answered as I thought perhaps it was Anita. She was distraught and almost in tears. "Everett called and said he couldn't meet me. He was, oh I don't know how to describe it, but he seemed remorseful and scared. Penny accused him of having an affair and going to Las Vegas to be with his mistress and he wants me to call her and assure her it wasn't like that, that he and I, that we, that we had met and just talked. Oh, honey, I haven't called and not sure what to do."

"Call Penny, tell her that yes, you saw him in Vegas as the two of you hadn't seen each other in years and the meeting was one of convenience. You don't have to go into any details. I don't mean lie just don't give her moment to moment details. What else did Everett say?"

"He apologized that he couldn't meet me and I truly understood. Rob, I, uh, I felt relieved as I wasn't sure I wanted to be with him again. I mean it sounded so exciting after seeing him before but it scared me, it scared the shit out of me that it could come between us and destroy us. I mean I know you're there with you sister and, well, you had your own plans but ..."

I took over the conversation at this point to interject a lie of my own. "Yes, we are here and, well, things didn't take the same turn as I had thought. You are right, it is scary and I don't want anything to destroy us either. We are leaving early in the morning because Charles has plans for the two of them and he wants her home too. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon and we'll plan a little getaway, just the two of us. Go ahead and call Penny. Get that straightened out for you and Everett. I love you." She replied the same and ended our call.

Jane had changed into her nightgown while I was on the phone. "We're leaving early? I didn't hear that in our plans. Is everything alright with Anita?"

"Yeah, well, yes and no. Everett canceled their plans and his wife has accused him of having an affair with someone. It's a long story but I know Anita will take care of it."

"You, uh, you sort of lied to her didn't you?"

"No, not lie; just not tell the whole truth your honor. I didn't need to hurt her by telling her how great it has been with you but sort of used the downer of Millie's predicament as a way of leaving out the facts and having something to fall back on later."

Jane moved to the bed opposite of where I sat, slid beneath the covers and propped herself on one elbow. "It is scary isn't it? I mean just today I was confessing my undying love for you like some love struck high school girl; like some virgin who just found out how great sex can be; and then my husband calls, tells me he misses me, loves me, and wants to take me away on a second honeymoon. He used all the right words Rob, all the right things to tell me he loves me, really loves me. I can't destroy that."

I started to slide beneath the covers beside her but she stopped me. "No honey, no. You sleep over there tonight and I'll be over here. I think it is best for both of us. That way neither of us has to lie to our spouse."

I just nodded in agreement as she was right, very right. Our tryst had come to an end and that too was right. It was time to keep quiet and not get into a discussion. A decision had been made albeit not one I had expected, but probably a right one. I opened the curtain to let the lights of the city fill the room one last time then switched off the light and laid atop the bed thinking of all of it. "Good night Jane."

"Good night Rob. I do love you, you know?"

"Uh huh, I know."


When she showered the next morning I dared myself to get in with her but I didn't although I did share the bathroom so I could get one last long and wonderful look at her ageless beauty. She slid the shower curtain back and had the towel wrapped around her hair. She noticed me looking and smiled, not trying to cover her nakedness. Charles is such a lucky bastard, I thought to myself, then remembered that I also knew how lucky and how marvelous a woman she is.

As we drove I entered into her conversation of last night, about not destroying our marriages. "Jane, what we have, or had, is something no one can take away. We were living in the past, a wonderful exciting past that drew our desire for each other into the present and we took advantage of it. You should have no regrets, I don't. We didn't force each other to do something; it was what we wanted, at least at the time. After all, we are adults with adult feelings. I feel like I'm rambling. Am I making any sense?"

"Yes and thank you. You just made everything easier for me. I was worried I had upset you by not being with you again and that maybe somehow I had forced you to be with me talking about how I wanted you when I was young or that I had let Millie push us together. It wasn't was it? It was something that just had to happen, something that had to run its course. No, no regrets about any of it. I found a wonderful love with my big brother and enjoyed every minute in your arms. I have memories now Rob; memories of what that teenage girl wanted; wanting her brother to take her away, to make her a woman. You finally did."

I just looked over at her and smiled at the intelligence of my little sister and how she had just put everything in the right perspective. We were going to be alright. We did discuss Millie and how each of us would reach out to her and offer support. And no, Millie may have been the catalyst of our relationship but she didn't push, at least not very hard. I have those memories myself, not just Jane but Millie as well; dreams a teenage boy had about wanting to have his sisters. I finally did.

When I got to her house Charles was standing in the doorway and pulled my sister into his arms with a very welcome home kiss. I smiled, waved, and pulled away. They were going to be alright.

As I entered my own home Anita ran to me, wrapped her arms around me in a giant hug and kissed me passionately. I happily edged her forward, toward our bedroom, and in the early afternoon two naked older familiar lovers, spouses, incestual victims of time dreams and memories, made love, and gave their undying love in words and deeds to the other. It was as it should be. We will be alright.

D. Elbee
D. Elbee
151 Followers