All Comments on 'The Hungry Wolf Ch. 04'

by wanderingmindgames

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
loving it

Great story, romantic and sexy to boot. Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
It just keeps getting better!

More please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

More More More. For me, this is some of the best stuff I've read on here so keep writing. Well done.

MyrtleBeachFanaticMyrtleBeachFanaticabout 11 years ago
like your story

really like your story, but I think Damian should be more worried about the drinking habbits of his mate. Damn she finished off two bottles of wine at dinner? I know they were talking about some serious issues, but taking the bottle and chugging it? I think before they are mated she will be in AA or rehab.

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 11 years ago

"Here's a tip for the next girl you hook up with: tell her before you leave your ball prints embedded in her ass." Hours later, I'm still laughing at that. Charlie's dialogue is so great! (BTW, if I found out my new boyfriend was a werewolf, I'd get shitfaced, too. She does *not* have a drinking problem.)

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
CHARLIE, OH CHARLIE!!!! LOL!!!!

I really like this story. These two are an interesting pair. I find that when I want to be mad, I start laughing. It will be fun to see what happens next. I absolutely hate her ex-husband and I believe he or his sister may become an issue, but seeing the support system that Charlie has, I don't see anyone surviving any kind of attack on her person. That evil wicked worthless bastard. He should have been shot. Jail was too good for him, and his sister should have been dragged to his grave and shot too. Well that is my opinion. I can't wait for more. Great Work!! BTW - I would have had a lot to drink that evening as well, that is a hell of a lot to take in..., but no I do not think Charlie has a drinking problem. Funny how she is all good with cuddling and rubbing a wolf when she is not over thinking it. He brings her peace, that is all anyone can ask for in life.

mizzonemizzoneabout 11 years ago
AWSOME!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS STORY

sharongscssharongscsabout 11 years ago
Wanting more!!!

I loved this story wanting more about the details she face turning into a wolf about her friend the ex so much more to reveal please continue. I have recommend and shared your story with family love the humor and the characters you are an amazing writer. Please continue !!!!!

cittrancittranabout 11 years ago
Stories like this

Are the entire reason I keep on trawling the archives of Lit.

Forget 'diamonds in the rough'. I found a whole fucking diamond MINE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Here's a tip for Charlie

If you don't want someone watching you pee and wipe, shut the damn door when you go to the bathroom! Although she still had her funny, although crass, moments, I'm starting to find some of the things she does annoying. Like the above mentioned peeing, sleeping in her clothes and going back to town for more things, but not to the motel. No, she goes back to his place, but then stays in the guest room, after accepting then trying to return a diamond ring. I understand she is supposed to be confused, but she is also supposed to be over 40 and she's acting like an air-headed teenager with all her dithering and tedious internal monologue's that are just bogging down the story. And her dialogue at times is starting to grate, like the following:

"A cat?" Damien looked at her frowningly.

"Yeah. You know, furry, purrs, uses litter boxes, doesn't like mice. In the Tom and Jerry cartoons, it's the tall gray one."

Really? Thanks for clearing that up.

I think you started out with a great storyline and interesting characters, but this chapter just didn't live up to your earlier standards. And Charlie is starting to feel like a younger, dumber version of herself. Sorry for the critique. I'm sure I'll be flamed for it, but I wanted to give you honest feeback because I know you are capable of better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Amazing!

I love this, yes there were a few typos, but I couldn't care in the least.

I think that Charlies' actions only display the intuitive nature of her bond with her mate-to-be struggling with her perceptions of what things should be. I know that someone said that she's behaving like an "air-head teenager", but who wouldn't in a situation like this, especially when the preternatural is thrown in? I love her sarcasm as a coping mechanism, it makes me laugh and shows just how strong she can be.

Either way, I'm hooked. I love reading this, it's fun, it's sweet, it has it's cheesy moments, and then it's relate-able moments. I get aroused, I grin, and I get involved with the characters. I'm surprised this isn't a novel!

I can't wait for the next chapter!

Ooooh, I'm bi-sexual, I would love to see Charlies' friend (it was Brook, right? The one that told Damien not to hurt Charlie over the phone? anywho) come visit and hook up with one of the she-wolves, just sayin'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

loving it can't wait for more

EvililitaEvililitaabout 11 years ago
Addicted

I love your writing. I check all the time for updates, a little too frequently I think:/

Myseason4funMyseason4funabout 11 years ago
Favorite series!

I absolutely love this story. The characters have perfect chemistry. The story was great and you didn't leave anything out in this chapter, it was perfect! .... My only wish is for you to WRITE FASTER! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I really enjoyed reading this chapter and the others. Unlike anon below who complained, I found the bathroom scene amusing and endeared me to the characters. To each his own I guess. Keep up the great writing!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 11 years ago
Another excellent update.

I like that you make your characters so real. They are flawed and funny and natural. I love it. I also liked that you had charlie forget the name of his hybrid form. It's always strange to me when authors have their characters learn all the terminology perfectly in about 10 minutes. It's more realistic to forget some things.

I like how their relationship is developing and I can't wait for more!

Thanks for writing!

Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 11 years ago
Love this story

Can't wait to read more. Keep 'em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Its a wonderfull read. I can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I think my favorite part in this chapter is where she can't sleep in the bed and actually goes and lies on the floor with 'Her' wolf. loved it :)

peachesgirlpeachesgirlabout 11 years ago
Love

Completely in love with this one. I love the story line, the characters, and cant wait for an update. I hope she asks him more about the mating.

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmalmost 11 years ago
Love this female!!!

I connected with Damian straight away. The missing part of him resonated deeply

and I felt like there are so many of us out there that feel that soul isolation. It sucks!!

Charlie is a wonderfully brash, earthy energy that is refreshing. She is Jane Q. Average and us regular girls need to see more Charlies in literature across genres.

I like her verbal expressiveness. There's something Ivory soap clean about the way she speaks.

And by the way, your chapter lengths are PERFECT!!!!

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

A very comfortable read – thank you.

Nice to see a story that pays some attention to the psychology of how a woman might feel in such a situation.

One of your readers commented as follows:

'And her dialogue at times is starting to grate, like the following:

"A cat?" Damien looked at her frowningly.

"Yeah. You know, furry, purrs, uses litter boxes, doesn't like mice. In the Tom and Jerry cartoons, it's the tall gray one."

Really? Thanks for clearing that up.'

Please ignore this reader. Your dialogue is real and refreshing and a delight.

' "Oh my god! My boyfriend sheds!" ' had me laughing out loud, and I loved that this was followed by hysterical laughter – you've put some thought into making this at least halfway believable, which is something writers of werewolf stories don't generally bother with. (You're assuming your reader has a brain, which is good of you.)

:-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I like this so far! I wish you hadn't made Charlie so old though - even 35 would have been better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
To anon with age/mom issues

I wonder if you are old enough to be on this site, because your harping about age shows a lack of maturity. Stop leaving the age comment after every chapter because the author set Charlie's age in chapter 1 and can't change it. If 40 year old women bother you this much, stop reading this story and move on to just about any other were story on this site where you will find the under 21 female leads more to your liking. Some of us enjoy reading stories where the protagonist is a woman, not a girl.

Yves

nadaliwnadaliwover 10 years ago

You are a great story teller.

This is my new favorite story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Age issue

Why is it so hard to get passed the age thing? What is the big deal that she is 40? WHO CARES! If it bothers you so damn much, pretend she's 18! Ugh.

I LOVE this story and can't wait to read more! Please don't change a thing!!

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 10 years ago
Joke

Hah, the joke is on the young ones, they clearly don't know that 40 is when sex just starts getting really really good :)

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
awwwwwww

'She tossed and turned, never moving past the early stages of sleep, for more than an hour before she finally gave up. Kicking off the covers with an irritated sigh, she got up and went to the door, opening it to find Damien's wolf sprawled across the doorway. She stepped over him and laid next to him, twisting to lay her head on his shoulder and throw her arm over his side. Damien stilled, almost afraid to move, as she quickly fell back to sleep.'

that brought a tear to my eye

wanderingmindgameswanderingmindgamesover 9 years agoAuthor
It's me

Hey there - today is Monday, October 27, 2014, and yes, I am alive.

Sorry to have left you all so long, sorrier still to have left Damian and Charlie for so long. I have been through almost a year of one heartbreak after another. An end to a marriage of almost two decades, an end to a new relationship, an end to friendships I thought were wholly unbreakable...the pain, the hurt, was real, it was physical, and it clouded everything. Even the precious time I spent with the Dimeos and Charlie.

Yeah, I know how it sounds. But consider this: it's not an EXCUSE. It's an explanation.

It took me a while to get over it all. But I did. The past is the past; I cannot change what happened, and honestly don't think I would wish to at this point.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. I am writing again. It was hard to start again, but that - thankfully - was short lived. Even better, I am hearing Damien and Charlie and Becky and everyone again. Which is a grand thing.

I will have the next chapter up ASAP.

Best,

-W

jhollanderjhollanderover 9 years ago
Sweet

This is one of the most romantic stories I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Betrayed

I only just found this lovely story. It's a good read - thank you! Not sure if you're still getting and/or reading comments, but I just felt compelled to leave a comment after this chapter. (I have one smaller issue, but I'll reserve to the end to see if it resolves itself .) My comment upon finishing this particular chapter lies in the tragic story of her past, with her d-bag of an ex-husband.

Within the world you've created in this story, I understand the logic of Damien telling the Alphas her story - but WOW the betrayal! She hasn't talked about this out loud for something like 10 years, yeah? Outside of telling her friend, and I'm sure once told they didn't talk about it casually. But to be fair with him, to be honest she tells Damien. And then she finds out through his sister-in-law that's he's told them the whole story? Her deepest, darkest, shame-inducing secret?

As I said above, within the context of your story I get it, truly I do. And while dwelling on it any more than necessary may have lagged the story a little, it seemed out of place that time wasn't given to Charlie to feel & process the betrayal. Honestly, I was furious for her. A little bit of trust was lost there I would think. In reading the story, I felt more sorry & angry for her over this incident then him keeping the truth from her about who he really was. She's still human - she hands him her heart on a plate, trusts him with this part of herself, and he eviscerates her further by telling his brother & sister-in-law? This just really stuck with me. Like anyone of your readers, I'm not looking for a story of her pouting. However a few momets devoted to this would've been good for me. Anyway, thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm sorry

I had to skip ahead a few pages just so I can leave this comment and I'm not sure I'm returning to the story, like I'm so irritated. Why is it that Damien can tell the others of Charlie's rape, less than 24hours of her telling him, without her consent even and it seems like everyone is tight lipped about what ever happened to Damien. Like did you intentionally mean for it to be like this?, because I honestly resent that. On the other hand, Charlie doesn't even know the others know... so fucking annoying uhg

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous