The Hungry Wolf Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're incorrigible."

"Yes. And isn't it charming?" he teased, giving her his best 'I'm-oh-so-innocent' look.

"Not so much," she said, trying to give him a glare but not succeeding. "It's a good thing I love you."

He smiled at that, giving her a squeeze. "It's a great thing, a wondrous thing that you love me." He kissed her softly and smiled at her slight blush. "Now, tell me what had you sighing and giggling."

"I was trying to figure out what to wear, and wishing Becky was here to help me out -- she has impeccable taste -- and considered calling her for advice. I laughed when I thought how I would phrase my dilemma." Damien cocked a brow at that and waited for her to explain. "You know, calling to ask what is appropriate attire to meet the future werewolf-in-laws." She snickered again, shaking her head.

"I see," Damien said with a chuckle.

"I mean, I doubt it was covered by Emily Post or Modern Bride-"

"No, probably not."

"So her advice would be invaluable," she sighed, resting her head against his chest.

"It doesn't matter what you wear, Charlie. You know that, right?"

"It matters to me."

"Why?" She didn't answer, merely shrugged her shoulders and held him a little tighter. "I understand you're nervous. I understand your desire to make a good impression on my parents. But you have to believe me when I say there is no way -- no way at all -- for you to make a bad impression." He put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back slightly, looking at her closely.

"Do you want to know what will happen when they meet you?" he asked after a few moments, smiling when she nodded. "My mother will start to cry in joy at meeting the woman who made her son so happy and try to talk your ear off about how welcome you are to the family, and my father will scoop you up and start going on and on and on in Italian about your loveliness."

"Damien!" Charlie admonished, laughing. "You can't know that."

"Want to bet on it?"

"What's the wager?"

"Hmmm...how about if I win, you have to sing us all a song tonight."

"Any song in particular or one of my choosing?" she asked, hands on her hips.

"You can choose, but...it has to be a love song."

"And if I win?"

"If you win...I dunno. What would you like as your prize?"

"A year's worth of on-demand foot massages," she said instantly.

"Really?" Damien asked, laughing. "Not much of a prize, dolcezza, as I'm happy to do that anyway."

"Then we're even," she said, giving him an impish smile.

"I suppose we are," he said, holding his hand out to her. "Shake." She put her hand in his and squealed when he pulled her hard against him and kissed her fiercely. "It's a bet," he said, his voice low, when he finally broke the kiss.

"So it is," Charlie said, a little breathless. She stepped away from him and shook her head a bit. "And I am no closer to picking an outfit."

"Wear what you're comfortable in, my Charlotte. No need to dress up," he said, waving his hand at her clothes. "But you should decide soon."

"Oh?" she said turning back to the clothes hanging in front of her. "Why? What's up?"

"You only have about ten minutes," he whispered, bringing his lips to her ear.

"What?" she cried, turning and pushing him back. "You distracted me on purpose."

"Yes I did. Did it help?"

"Help?"

"Pass the time for you."

"You...you..." she began, but quickly stopped, looking at him and laughing. "Yeah. It did." He smiled at her. "It was still sneaky." She turned back and pulled a light sundress down from its hanger. It was a beautiful cotton dress in ecru, with a floral print all over. The bodice was fitted and snug, with cap sleeves, and the full, pleated skirt fell from the empire waist to just above her knees. She pulled it on and dropped the towel, turning her back to Damien. "Can you zip me up?"

He did, and turned her back around to face him, holding her at arm's length. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," Charlie said, feeling suddenly shy. She smiled at him again, and extricated herself from his hands. She picked up her towel and a pair of sandals and went back to the bathroom to drop the towel in the laundry, placing her sandals on the floor by the foot of the bed on the way. She took her hair down and brushed it out before putting on a little face powder, eyeliner and mascara, smiling at Damien through the mirror as he stood behind her brushing his own hair.

"Done?" he asked as she put her cosmetics back in the drawer.

"Just need some panties and my shoes," she answered as she head back into the bedroom.

"Do me a favor dolcezza," Damien said, following her and leaning against the door jamb.

"What's that?" she asked, stepping into a pair of plain white bikini panties and pulling them up her legs. Damien's eyes followed their progress and he gave a quiet groan when she raised her skirt to smooth them over her behind, giving him a glimpse.

"Wear that dress for me again after the mating," he said as she sat on the bed and slipped on her sandals. "Without panties." She looked up at him quickly, her eyes wide, and nodded.

"Happy to," she choked out.

"Come," he said, walking over to her and holding out his hand. "They're just pulling up, let's go down and meet them."

"Alright," she said, her voice croaky and her throat suddenly dry. She put her hand in his and let him pull her up.

They made their way downstairs in silence, Charlie gripping Damien's hand tightly and giving small smiles in response to his gently squeezing hers. "Relax, Charlie," he murmured as they left their apartment. "Your smiles look more like grimaces."

"Sorry," she managed to whisper as Darian and Eva joined them. They head down the stairs together, Darian and Eva in front of Damien and Charlie.

"You ready, Charlie?" Darian asked, looking at her closely over his shoulder.

"Not at all," she said, giving him a nervous smile. "But I never will be, so...." She trailed off with a shrug.

"That's the spirit," Darian laughed. "If you can't muster any real enthusiasm, go with reluctant acceptance." They all laughed at that, even Charlie, and it took some of her tension off.

"You look very pretty," Eva said as they reached the foyer.

"Thank you," she said, blushing slightly. "So do you." Eva had on a pair of denim capri pants and a gorgeous suede halter top with beaded fringe around the bottom. Her black hair shimmered in the light and her golden skin shone beautifully. Eva smiled and gave her a quiet thank you as the doors opened and Mr. and Mrs. Dimeo walked in.

"Mama! Papa!" Darian said, approaching his parents with open arms. They came forward and embraced their son, all three of them talking at the same time, their voices a happy song of reunion. Charlie looked at the elder Dimeos closely as they broke away from Damien to take turns hugging Eva.

David Dimeo was tall, nearly as tall as his sons, and just as broad across the shoulders. It was obvious he gave the boys his thick hair, his deep brown eyes and their fullness of lip, although his skin was slightly lighter and his face seemed sharper. His hair was short, and was just threading through with gray. He looked distinguished, wearing slacks and a well-fitting sport coat, like an elder statesman. His mate Diane was only a couple inches taller than Charlie, with a slim yet womanly build. She was much darker than her husband, and had the softer features shared with her sons. Her light brown hair was pulled back in an elegant chignon, and she wore a tasteful cream colored blouse and dark linen trousers. Together they made a gorgeous couple, and Charlie stood back feeling somewhat awed.

"Damy!" his mother cried, grabbing her other son in a fierce hug and kissing his cheeks noisily.

"Mama. So good to see you again," Damien said, smiling.

"Oh Damy!" his mother said, stepping back and cupping his face in her hands. "My Damy. You're back. You're really back. You make me so happy," she said, grabbing him in a tight hug again while happy tears fell down her cheeks.

"Yes, mama," Damien said, looking at his father over her shoulder.

"Let me at the boy, Di," his father said, putting his hand on her shoulder. She released him, nodding and smiling as Damien's father grabbed him in a tight hug. "Damien. I am glad to see you looking so good, so happy. Sono così felice che il vero voi è indietro," he said, his voice thick, as he released his son to look at his face closely.

"Papa. It's good to see you, too," Damien said, beaming. He reached back to where Charlie hovered and pulled her forward. "Papa, Mama, I would like you to meet my Charlotte. My mate."

"Mr. Dimeo, Mrs. Dimeo," Charlie said, her nervousness plain in her voice. "Nice to meet you." She held out her hand in introduction.

"No," David Dimeo said, looking at her and shaking his head.

"S-S-Sir?" Charlie stammered, her voice high. Shit, she thought, how'd I fuck this up already?

"Call me papa. I insist," he said, smiling. Charlie smiled back and nodded. "And I will not be satisfied with a mere handshake." He wrapped his arms around her tightly and scooped her up, spinning her around and laughing at her startled cry. "Devo dire ciao alla bella compagna di Damien correttamente!"

"Papa!" Damien said, laughing and shaking his head. "La mise giù, papa."

"Il tuo Charlotte è un bel fiore."

"Si, papa, si," Damien said as his father finally put her down. He leaned forward and kissed both of her cheeks.

"Charlotte, it is so nice to meet you."

"Thank you, sir," she said softly, her cheeks flushed.

"Let me say hello, David," Damien's mother said, nudging her mate back with her elbow. "Charlotte," she said, reaching out and taking her hands, "forgive my husband's exuberance. He forgets himself sometimes." The older woman openly appraised Charlie, looking her up and down. Charlie did everything she could to not squirm under the scrutiny, and was about to lose the battle when Diane spoke again. "It is so nice to finally meet you, to meet the lovely woman who makes my Damy so happy," she said, her eyes tearing again. "I am so happy you brought him back to us, Charlotte, and I am so happy you are joining our family." She let go of one of Charlie's hands and reached for Damien, tugging him over to stand next to his intended. Damien was only too happy to comply, putting his arm around Charlie's shoulders, the three of them making their own emotional trinity in the foyer.

"This makes me so....such joy, such love," Diane said, openly crying now. "Quanto è bello il loro amore, il mio compagno?" she said, turning her head towards David.

"Molto bello," David said, walking up to them and putting his arms around his mate.

"Si," Damien laughed, squeezing Charlie's hand.

"Walk with me, Charlotte," David said, pulling her away from the others and leading her down the hall to the main office. He slung his arm around her shoulders and shot a smile back at his son. "Tell me something about yourself."

"Mr. Di-," she began, but stopped herself, shaking her head at his reproachful look. "Sorry. What would you like to know?"

"Anything. Anything at all," he said, smiling down at her. Charlie gave him a tentative smile back, but was feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything.

"Fermare prendere in giro la povera ragazza, David," Diane said, coming up on Charlie's other side and taking her hand. Charlie looked back over her shoulder at Damien, but he offered no assistance and just smiled at her, tempting her to stick her tongue out at him.

"Non sto prendendo in giro, il mio amore. Voglio solo conoscere questa bella ragazza," he said, speaking directly to Diane over Charlie. She just shook her head at her mate.

"Don't mind him, Charlotte," she said as they entered the office.

"It's alright, ma'am," Charlie said, smiling. She saw an escape when David and Diane sat on the small loveseat together and immediately made her way to Damien's side. He took one of the wingback chairs and turned it to face his parents before sitting down and pulling Charlie on to his lap. Darian and Eva took the other chair in the same fashion.

"So," Diane began after everyone was settled, "tell me how you two met." She looked at Charlie and nodded.

"I, uh, I had a flat and was pulled over. Damien stopped to help me," she said, smiling and leaning back against him.

"He rescued you," his mother said, smiling and taking her mate's hand. Charlie laughed a bit and nodded. "And when did you know she was your mate, Damy?"

"Not sure, mama. But I think it was when I first heard her speak. I'll never forget what she said."

"What was that?" his father asked, smiling.

"I believe it was 'fucking fuckity fuck fucker'. But I might be paraphrasing a little."

"Damien!" Charlie said, groaning and putting her hands over her face as everyone else laughed.

"I mean, here was this beautiful, sexy woman on the side of the road, in shorts and a tank top, stomping about and cussing. As soon as I met her properly I knew." Charlie dropped her hands and looked at him, smiling and blushing. "And when she smiled at me the first time I realized I had lost my heart to her." Charlie kissed his cheek and sighed. "Of course, it took a little convincing for her to agree," he said, slipping his arms around her middle and squeezing.

"Oh?" Diane said, looking at Charlie. "I heard Damy's telling you what we are didn't go as planned."

"You can say that again," he mumbled into her ear, making her laugh softly.

"No ma'am. I don't think it did." She shot a look at Eva, who was watching her with a small smile on her face. "In fact, I think it's safe to say it couldn't have gone any worse."

"Please, Charlotte, call me Diane or mama."

"Alright," she smiled at Damien's parents, utterly charmed by them already. "Please, feel free to call me Charlie."

"So tell me, Charlie," David said, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. "How did Damy convince you not to run away when you found out?" His eyes were looking at her intensely, and Charlie had the impression that her answer was important. She met his gaze and never considered answering any other way than truthfully.

"You know, as angry as I got, I never even considered running away. I thought I should want to, but the option never seemed...it never seemed leaving him was really an option. When I thought about it, I realized even before I knew what he is, what you are, the idea of leaving him made me upset. Anxious. I can remember..." she closed her eyes for a moment, thinking, "I can remember at one point the idea of leaving making me feel as if my heart was being physically squeezed.

"I think I just knew. I felt safe with Damien, from the moment I met him. He surprised me, sure, but I was never afraid of him. Everything within me said I could trust him. Said I should trust him. And eventually...eventually I listened to my instincts and followed my heart."

"E ora, la nostra bella Charlie, si celebra il tuo accoppiamento gioiosa!" David said, standing up and pulling Diane to her feet.

Charlie looked at Damien to see him smiling at her and she shrugged. "I do believe you lost the wager, dolcezza. You owe us a song."

"What wager?" Darian said as everyone stood to make their way out to the bonfire and feast.

"Never mind what wager," Charlie said, laughing as Damien put his arm around her shoulder. "It's not important."

"Charlie will be singing us a song this evening," Damien said, squeezing her to him.

"I can't wait," David said, slowing to walk next to her as they head outside. He reached over and grabbed her hand, placing it at the crook of his elbow and pulling her away from Damien. "There is always a lot of singing and dancing at these gatherings," he said to her, giving her an indulgent smile. "I am sure your voice will be a welcome addition to our family."

"Thank you, s -- uh, papa."

They made their way to the commons area between the houses, dormitory and main house and barn. In the middle of the commons was a large ring with a huge fire in the center. Steel 'Y' rods around the fire cradled large sides of beef and pork on spits, being turned and roasted. Brightly colored and patterned blankets were laid out around the fire, interspersed with tables and chairs, and a long buffet table was set up with heaping bowls of potato salad, cut fruit and steamed vegetables. A lot of people that were milling about came up to the elder Dimeo's to pay their respects.

"No no no," David said when Charlie tried to move away. "Stay. You are part of this family now."

"Diane! David! So nice to see you both again," Meredith said as she walked up. "What brings you back home?"

"Damy's mating," Diane said, looking at the tall woman closely. "Did you think we wouldn't come back for it?"

"To the human? Yes. I would hope you would have higher standards for your son," she said with a sniff.

"Enough, Meredith," Darian said, his tone harsh.

'It's alright, Darian,' his father sent to him. 'It is not like us to try and gag the pack. Let her have her say. She's allowed at least that.'

'Between her and her daughter, they have done everything they can to insult Charlie at every opportunity, papa.'

'It doesn't look like she's too upset by her,' he said, causing both men to glance at her. She was watching the interaction, looking like she was trying not to laugh.

"We did," David said to Meredith, patting Charlie's hand where it rested on his arm. "We had the highest standards possible, yet Damien still managed to exceed them." He looked down at the small human at his side who smiled and blushed back up at him at the compliment. "We couldn't be more pleased."

"How is Mirabelle?" Diane asked, trying to steer the conversation away from her son's mate.

"I don't know. She was sent away by our alpha," Meredith said, giving Diane a smile that was nearly diabetic it was so sugary. "Apparently, she intimidated the human."

"My name is Charlotte, it is not 'the human'," she let go of David and made air quotes. "Charlotte. If that is too difficult to remember, you can refer to me as Ms. Bell until the ceremony; after which call me Mrs. Dimeo. Are we clear?" She was breathing rapidly and her cheeks were slightly flushed in her anger. She had finally had enough and was not going to let herself be insulted in front of her future in-laws.

"Yes, Ms. Bell. I believe we are." She turned on her heel and briskly walked away.

Charlie turned to see everyone's eyes on her and cringed. "Sorry about that," she said. "I'm usually better at letting things like that slide. I don't know why I let it get to me."

"It's alright, dolcezza," Damien said, pulling her into his arms and away from his father.

"No need to apologize," Diane said, patting her on the shoulder as she passed. "She deserved much worse. I like that there's such fire in you." She leaned over and went on her toes to kiss Damien's cheek. "You got very lucky, Damy."

"Yes, mama," he said, his arms once again finding their way around her waist. He rested his chin on the top of her head and they stood with the rest of his family, greeting and talking with the pack as everyone who could gathered for the celebration.

After they ate, Charlie went around to talk with the people she had come to know over the past week. She sat for a bit with Anna, Tony, Zeke and Gray, catching up and laughing with them as they teased her about her nervousness in meeting David and Diane. She stopped to say hello to Lisa, and formally meet her mate Eric, and chatted with her a bit, before stopping amongst a small group of mostly couples to say hello to Lewis. The big guy proudly introduced her to everyone as his 'close good friend' Charlie and patted her head, making her smile. She made her way back to where Damien, Darian and Eva sat on a blanket, sitting next to him and sighing in contentment when he lay down with his head in her lap.