The Hunters Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At that moment, the lift door opened to the eleventh floor and Aurora didn't even bother to look before she attacked because she knew they were already outside. The two Hunters were caught by surprise as she had sliced through their bodies with multiple bullets even before the lift door was fully opened. She knew they would heal from that wound in a while but her intention was simply to maim them enough to get through to the private lift at the end of the corridor.

Aurora spotted another two more Hunters coming their way. She could tell from the slight vibrations in the air that they were coming although they were not visible to the naked eye. They seemed to be the only ones left on that floor. What happened to the other four Hunters?

Anya must have heard her sister's question because immediately Aurora could hear her annoyance in her mind.

They're so fucking annoying! Four against one... okay one and a half. Aurora managed a small smile. Her sister still had the cheek for jokes at times like this.

Okay... me and Ky are almost at the lift now. Get your ass here asap. There's something else coming for us and its worst than these two buggers right in front of me.

The two buggers turned out to be Hunters number 3 and 7. They had stopped barely inches from Aurora but did not attempt to attack yet.

"Well well... I thought you two were supposed to be dead..." scowled one of them.

Aurora didn't bother answering but pushed her aside and continued walking. The Hunter got up and had a dagger pointed at Aurora's back but her movements were halted immediately by something that seemed invisible.

"No... she's mine..." said a low voice. Aurora knew it was the number three, Chloe, claiming for a rematch. She has been the most annoying of the Hunters because she hated being relegated to the third place upon the twin's inception into the Hunter hierarchy and was constantly challenging them.

"Ooo... we have a yummy toy to play with here..." cooed the other Hunter instead and pounced towards Kyros.

Aurora's attention was taken for a second just to make sure that Kyros was able to take the Hunter on his own. The eclipse should be in about a minute or so judging from the darkening sky outside. She had to trust that he could hold on till then because the number 3 Hunter in front of her was too strong for him.

Her distraction almost cost her her face as her adversary had already elongated her claws and was swiping it at her without restraint. One of it managed to draw blood on her cheek. Aurora had to give it to her- she obviously had studied the twins enough to know that Aurora was not a combat-trained Hunter but a marksman. Aurora acknowledged that they were too near for her guns to have an accurate aim because of how fast they were moving. Dropping the guns in her hand, Aurora focused her eyes to sense the other Hunter's movements. She was literally circling her at such a speed that it was impossible to see. Chloe was really strong and had had many years of training in combat. The sudden sharp kick to her abdomen sent her reeling across the floor. Aurora didn't get up instantly but rather waited for the Hunter to approach her.

When she was close enough, Aurora struck out, delivering a sharp kick that sent Chloe crashing against some vases. She knew that didn't hurt one bit and was not surprised when she felt rather than saw Chole's sai daggers flying in her direction. The slight echoing sound of the metal slicing the air was enough to tell her to dodge.

Before she could counter the attack, she head a deep groan coming from Kyros. She turned to see that the other Hunter had pinned him down to the ground and was aiming for the killing swipe; he wasn't just pinned down- he was smashed into the marble tile and held there be a Hunter much powerful than him. But her advance towards him was stopped midway as she felt a sharp dagger hit her back. That bitch!

Using her hand, she pulled the dagger out of her back, feeling the hot spurt of blood. Angered now, she turned to face Chole who had already recovered from her fall and was currently in her wolf form. A Hunter's wolf enhanced their strength but it also compromised on their speed a little. Taking advantage of that, Aurora focused her senses, feeling her fangs elongate, her sense of hearing piqued and her eyes turned into sharp slits of red.

The wolf began to pounce towards her; all claws out at an angle that was aimed to swipe her head off. Aurora was prepared to block but as she felt the wolf's body hit her, she realized that it was no longer a wolf but a clearly shocked woman.

It was happening- the eclipse.

Get up! She's powerless now. I'm heading to the lift now...

She watched Kyros stumble to his feet and a moment later, she heard the slight footsteps of Logan and her sister. Logan's grey fur was matted with blood; most of which were not his own.

Anya and Aurora let the men run to the lift first as they walked backwards, blocking off the many gunshots and various weapons thrown in their direction. Anya managed to tack a few Hunter's palms to the wall with her ninja throwing star. She knew it hurt but they'd heal back once the eclipse is over. When they finally got through the door, they slammed it shut and slowly turned.

The room was literally filled with replicas of them, all staring at the twins. Logan and Kyros however had been knocked unconscious on the ground by the clones. They had put up quite a fight too but it was pointless.

They're not...

Not affected by the eclipse... are these...

The new Hunter prototype yes...

They look like us...

Why aren't they attacking us?

Anya cleared her throat and tried her luck.

"Please... let us pass through... but if you still wish to fight us, we will do our best to take down every one of you."

Immediately, the group of clones parted to reveal a small path heading towards the lift. Anya stared open mouth at her sister but Aurora was quick to take advantage of what had happened and issued them another command.

"Please go down to levels three to ten and help the Werewolves and Vampires. Help them rescue and escape from here. Go now!" she shouted. The clones began vanishing one by one. Anya simply sank to her feet in pure amazement while Aurora just stayed rooted, clearly in shock.

***

"Hedva! Are you certain that you've already sent down the new Hunters? I can't sense anything with this racket going on below!" bellowed Connor as he lifted the wolf by her collar then throwing her to one side in disgust.

Picking herself up, Hedva brushed down her labcoat and said, "Yes Connor... I have given them instructions to meet all opposition at the base of the private lift lobby."

Connor however, didn't seem to be listening much to her. His eyes were fixated on the new guest in the board room. Richard appeared calm as he took a seat at the opposite end of the table. He hadn't even sense the bloody Hunter when he entered.

"How the hell did you enter?"

Richard didn't answer him. Instead he brought his feet up to the table and remained silent. He was simply going to wait for the eclipse to end before making any moves. He was going to keep the bastard here for as long as possible before his daughters arrived.

Richard could see the anger in Connor's eyes and managed to glimpse into Connor's mind as his rage caused his mental shield to drop slightly. Oh boy was the Elder angry.

"Your son is here," said Richard suddenly. He needed to keep Connor's transformation at bay for as long as he could. Even though he was a Hunter, Connor had been a Pureblood for centuries and in his true form, he was too deadly to be taken down alone.

"Why are you telling me this, you weakling? Are you trying to make me feel an ounce of what do you call it? Compassion was it? No... love..." he said the last word with a spat as though it was poison on his lips.

"You can't feel anything, you cold hearted monster," whispered Hedva under her breath but she was unfortunately heard by Connor who had a much keener sense of hearing than her. His rage immediately filled his eyes, turning them to slits of red. He was lifting Hedva off the ground now without touching her. Richard could hear her screams both in his head and also echoing through the room. He was controlling the blood inside her body, making it go against the normal flow. It could kill her.

"Please Connor!" said Richard, getting to his feet. There was still another minute left for the eclipse to be over. Until then, he too was powerless.

The Pureblood ignored him. His fangs had elongated now and his face no longer recognizable as the skin had stretched and ripped to become one of a monster's. Richard could hear Hedva barely breathing now as all the oxygenated blood that was supposed to come from her heart was going the other direction. This had been the technique he had taught the girls... the power to manipulate blood. It had been a Pureblood war technique centuries ago. Connor apparently still practiced it because of the precision and control he had over the power.

"Enough!" said Richard as he held on to Hedva and pushed her to the ground, attempting to break the Vampire's bond. The moon had moved... a few more seconds...

His transformation was beyond imaginable. Richard's roar was deafening as his body contorted, revealing pure white fur that made all his movements seemed like a white blur as he attacked Connor. The Vampire hissed back at the wolf and his talons tried to clamp itself around Richard's neck but Richard's hands were strong, struggling to release the grip. Angered, he tried to rip off Richard's arms with his fangs. Somewhere in the struggle, one of his talons had pierced Richard deep in the gut.

"Daddy!" came the cries of the twins. Richard felt himself smile. They're here... finally. He gave up resisting and let himself be flung to one side as Connor turned his focus to the twins. His wound was relatively deep and he needed time to heal himself. He wanted to inch close to Hedva to check if she was still breathing but didn't dare to at the moment as Connor was in between them.

"You annoying little brats!" he roared at the twins. "I will kill you myself today and end this pathetic little mutiny." Then he laughed; a monstrous sound that echoed off the walls eerily. "After today, I won't need you two ever again... those new Hunters will take care of everything. None of this pesky little business anymore." With that, he flicked his talon at Hedva and sent her flying across the room.

That son-of-a-bitch!

Aurora... don't shift yet...wait for my command. I can't sense a damn thing about him!

Connor looked at the twins suspiciously, peering into their eyes, trying to pick their brains apart. Rage filled his face when he found nothing. Angered, he grabbed hold of Anya and squeezed her tightly between his talons. He had been so swift that neither of them saw it coming. Blood spurted copiously as his talons dug deep into her flesh.

"Stop it!" screamed Aurora who was now shooting bullets at Connor like a maniac. When he moved again, she was ready but he was clearly too fast for her; slamming her to the ground and pushing her into the cement.

No, Aurora. Stop moving... Can you feel that? Yes, that's his heartbeat... sense where his energies are directed and evade his attacks...

Now that they were both in direct contact with Connor's Vampire form, they could sense every muscle in him, every nerve...

But it was useless. He was too powerful for them. Aurora felt her ribs breaking with every thump of his fist on her back. She was losing consciousness...

Aurora! Anya struggled violently in Connor's hand as she felt her sister slipping further and further away... and then she was gone. Connor's laughter was deafening. He had lifted his hand now and was uncontrollable in his laughter. Anya felt herself glowing with anger; her eyes turning slowly into red orbs.

For a moment, Connor stopped his laughter as the heat from her body scalded him. He maintained his grip on her but as his hands had gone numb, he did not notice when she cleanly sliced his arm off with her claws.

Rushing to her twin, Anya did what she felt most natural; she hugged her sister.

A bright light seemed to engulf the two of them; blinding everyone in the room, especially Connor, whose Vampire eyes could not take such intensity. So when he finally opened his eyes, he was taken aback at what he saw in front of him.

There stood the most magnificent creature he had ever seen; a white werewolf with equally white wings was regarding him with the most piercing eyes. At the edge of the creature's wings were talons that were sharp and looked deadly with something like venom dripping from them.

Then the creature opened its mouth as if to make a battle cry and Connor saw fangs aimed for his neck.

The sheer weight of the creature crashing into him sent him reeling backwards, losing his balance. But before he could get up, he was attacked again and again; sharp talons digging into his skin, ripping out viciously at his side. Connor tried his best to curl into a ball; his wings forming a shield around him but the creature's own wings were prying it open.

With a loud shriek, Connor felt his wings being torn apart and he stared up at the murderous face of the creature in front of him and hung his head in defeat.

"That's enough, Aurora, Anya!" shouted Richard from a distance. He was dragging himself across the floor with one hand protectively over his deep wound but at his command, the creature seemed to calm down a notch.

Connor had slowly returned to his human form although his body was deeply scarred now with two deep gashes at his back.

"You're a fool Richard..." he said weakly, his voice shaking slightly with fear and anger.

"No Father, you are," said a voice from behind them. Richard beamed slightly at the sight of Kyros walking in, supported by Logan.

"This... is for my uncle," he said as he slashed his elongated talon at Connor's neck, wiping the smugness off his face. "And this is for my mother." His second slash completely severed Connor's head.

Everyone in the room fell silent as the Vampire's body slowly crumbled and burst into flames on its own, eventually turning to dust.

After that, all eyes turned to the beautiful creature standing amongst them. Richard attempted to confront them, but the men beat him to it, hugging the creature at each side. Slowly, the creature dissolved and separated into the twins once again. They were unconscious but looked like they were merely in deep sleep.

"It's time to go home now kids," Richard said, his face smiling kindly. Kyros had passed him his own shirt to cover himself up before Richard approached Hedva to carry her out. Her heart beat was very weak but she was alive.

Together, they made it up to the rooftop.

There was just one more helicopter on standby; this one personally manned by Annabelle. She smiled when she saw Kyros and helped them carry the injured into the vehicle.

"Someone's here to see you," she said to Logan. His face changed completely and he clambered into the helicopter and came face to face with his father. Leon was smiling weakly but the emotions in his eyes spoke volumes. Logan held on to his father tightly and for a long time before pulling away.

"Let's go home."

***

1 year later

"Mira, Alex, Bella! Stop harassing your aunt and eat your breakfast!" said a shrieking, pregnant Anya. She was so big now that she could hardly run after her three pups anymore.

"Darlings... listen to your mummy..." came the gentle baritone voice of Richard from the corner sofa. It seemed that he alone could actually tame the little pups. The three immediately ran to the table and badgered their mother for various additions to their breakfast. Logan had warned her that growing pups would be ravenous but she never thought they'd be this insatiable.

It was the weekends so Anya had brought the children upstate to visit Richard. Otherwise they'd stay at the compound where the children had more room to play and learn with the other young Weres.

"Oh! Mummy, here comes Uncle Ky! And he's bringing sweets!" shrieked Alex. Being the only boy had its perks because everyone insanely dotes on him. Aurora looked up and could smell her Vampire driving up the forest path. Those little pups really have good sense of smell for their age, she thought.

"That, is my ride I guess," said Aurora with a laugh as the rumble of Kyros's engine died outside their porch.

"Hey everyone!" said the jovial man as he arrived at the doorstep, much to the pleasure of the children for they immediately jumped at him, ignoring their breakfast.

"What?" he said with his hands in the air.

"I told you not to bring them sweets did I? It's going to ruin their teeth!" said Anya although she didn't try to stop her children from sniffing out the various treats from Kyros's pockets.

"Just let them be, honey... They'll just keep growing a new tooth each time one drops out," said Logan with a laugh. Eventually he managed to pry each one of them off Kyros and handed them back to their mother.

"Alright everyone, Uncle Ky and Aunt Aurora have to go now. Say goodbye," instructed Anya to her children.

"Must you really leave?" the children asked in unison.

"Yes we have to honey... We're going on our honeymoon! But we'll bring back presents for you okay? I promise," said Aurora as she kissed her nieces and nephew on their cheeks and forehead.

Rushing over to hug her father, she kissed him on his cheek too. "I'll be back Daddy. I love you!"

When she approached Anya, her pregnant sister was too overwhelmed with tears to say anything.

"You're so sappy when you're pregnant," said Aurora with a laugh as she hugged her sister from the back since she's too big to hug from the front anymore.

After another round of goodbyes, the two of them got into the car and drove off to the airport where Kyros's personal jet waited for them.

"So Mrs. Russell, how does it feel knowing that you're going to be mine for eternity?" said Kyros as he led her into their private jet bedroom. Aurora was impressed at the sheer beauty of the room. It was beside the windows and was clearly large enough to accommodate both of them.

"I can't really tell you..." she said with a shy smile. "Maybe I'll show you." Her lips touched his gently as she placed her hands on his broad shoulders.

"Mmm... I'm not sure I'm liking what you're showing..." he said between kisses. "Maybe this will help." His fingers were gentle at the buttons of her blouse, opening them to his touch. He heard her sigh as his fingers skimmed the top of her breasts which were threatening to spill out from the half cup bra she was wearing. Kyros gave a growl when he saw the sexy flesh against the sheer lacy white bra she was wearing. Aurora smiled against his lips as she felt his hardness pressing against her belly, clearly aroused from seeing the sexy bra. He had seen nothing yet but he's got to find that out for himself.

Kyros seemed to be taking his time in making love to her at that moment, pushing off her shirt bit by bit as he licked off every inch of her skin that was revealed by doing so. At her impatience, he merely shushed and continued his sensuous kisses down her hand.

He was on his knees now and he looked up at her with lust clearly ablaze in his eyes. His hands tenderly pulled down the zip at the back of her skirt and watched the material slide down her toned legs; his heart skipped a beat as he saw what she was wearing underneath. There was an equally sheer lace open thong. He could see her pussy very clearly as only the mound had been covered by lace.

She heard him growl again and before she could say anything, he had latched his lips on her pussy lips, licking her tender folds, seeking out her sensitive bud.