The Hunter's Companions Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Livinia didn't even give them a chance to respond before she turned and led Belcarm away. She skipped the rest of the Sin'dorei contribution and went into the next hall, which was full of Goblin creations.

"Thanks for saving me." Livinia said when they stopped in front of a sculpture of Dalaran made from spare rocket parts. "I was just about to put my fist in Rioden's smug face."

" Perhaps I should have waited a little longer then." Belcarm said with a frown, making her laugh.

They continued around the exhibition for a while, Belcarm taking his time to look at all the pieces and explain them to her. Even though she would still rather watch the grass grow, it made her happy to seem him so happy. However, it seemed as though the Swiftspell encounter had left them both with a sour taste in their mouth. Just as they passed the Troll's hall Belcarm stopped walking and pulled her aside.

"Liv, I have something for you." He reached into his pocket. "You didn't need to get me anything." She said, frowning.

When he pulled his hand out of his pocket he was holding a tiny bundle wrapped in black fabric. He held it out to her and she took it gingerly, it was small but surprisingly light. Carefully, she pulled back the black fabric and revealed a delicate mesh net made of fine silver thread, each intersection spotted with a brilliant white stone. She pulled the fabric from the net and tucked it under her arm. A gasp burst from her lips as she unfolded the net and hundreds of tiny stones caught the sun's dying rays and sent jets of multi-coloured light twinkling all around.

"Belcarm it is beautiful!"Livinia cried.

"I asked my father, and he has a full roster for the Ball. I thought that, seeing as how I wouldn't get to see you in your dress, you should at least take a little part of me with you." Belcarm explained, the words made Livinia's mood soar, the horrid encounter with Rioden and Mitrae forgotten.

"You shouldn't have, Bel. It looks far too expensive-"

"I made it." He wasn't able to keep the grin of his face. "Spidersilk thread and crystallized air... Remember when we looted some of the crystallized air from one of those raids in Icecrown? I was going to sell it, but I changed my mind."

Livinia looked at the hair net again, and then back at Belcarm in awe. It was so small and intricate that she couldn't imagine him sitting there and trying to weave it all together. It would go perfectly with her dress, it was too bad she wouldn't be able to show Belcarm just how good. That thought filled her with guilt. Kalendras would be the one to see Belcarm's creation in her hair. When she looked up at Belcarm he was watching her with a guarded expression.

"Bel, I've got to tell you something." Livinia sighed, carefully putting the net back in the fabric. "I am going to the ball with Kalendras. He sent me the ticked after I sent the ones that my parents gave me back."

"And he sent you the dress." Belcarm said. Somehow he wasn't surprised.

"Yes, but you have to understand that all of this happened before..." She trailed off and gave him a pleading look.

Belcarm shook his head sadly and reached out, touching her cheek affectionately. Livinia took a deep breath and stepped towards him, pressing herself against him and resting her head on his chest. She shouldn't be doing it. Surrounded by so many of Silvermoon City's elite she should have been more conservative... but at that moment she couldn't care less about the stuffy socialites. Belcarm smoothed his hair with his hand, his chin resting on her head.

"What a mess we are." He said softly, Livinia laughed and closed her eyes. After a few moments he sighed and stepped back. "Let's see what the Orcs have to offer, huh?"

The rest of the day went well. They spent several hours at the exhibition, but after the encounter with the Swiftspells all of the other people that Livinia introduced Belcarm to were polite and some of them were even interesting. Livinia managed to introduce Belcarm to several of the local artists that he admired, and by the time they left the exhibition for dinner Belcarm seemed to have forgiven her for keeping the truth about the Ball to herself. They ate at a small restaurant near Sunfury Spire, and even Livinia had to admit that the food, service and ambience was phenomenal. By the time Belcarm walked Livinia to her door they were both very tired, but content. After a lingering kiss Livinia had to fight the urge to invite Belcarm in, knowing that even if they managed to get to bed it would be after a long inquisition from her mother. Belcarm told Livinia that he would get in touch with Kahora and find some work for them, and that he would meet her at the Orgrimmar portal at sunrise the morning after the Ball.