The Hunting Trip

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The forest?" he shrugged.

"Yes, of course but what else?"

"What am I looking for?"

"You tell me." She replied, folding her arms across her chest. He scanned the area for a moment before turning back to her.

"There's some prints in the soft mud and the branches on that shrub are all broken. I think the beast went that way," he said pointing away from the camp.

"Then that is the way we shall go. Quietly now though, mark where you step lest the next time we meet the stag we startle him." She said. He nodded and she stalked off, glad that this time when he followed her, it was almost as silent as she was. She followed the signs the animal left behind it for nearly an hour before she caught another glimpse of him. She motioned Alistair to stop and pointed to where the stag stood, taking a drink from a nearby stream.

She watched as he unslung the bow from his shoulder and nocked an arrow against the string. He aimed at the stag and drew the string back to his ear. She held her breath and watched him release the arrow. It missed the target by a barns length as she knew he would. The stag looked round at the noise but remained where he was. Alistair turned to Zindrafel and shrugged, "Told you I was bad," he said, keeping his voice a mere whisper.

"There's something to work with though, it was a good shot and we can build on it." She whispered. She moved so she stood behind him. "Now, try again." He did so and as he drew the arrow back this time, she altered his aim, trying to correct the mistake he made. She stepped away and he took the shot, this time missing by a mere hands breadth. The stag ran off this time, bounding over the stream and back into the forest.

"How does that help?" he asked.

"It was a better shot was it not? Now come on, we have to chase it a bit longer." She dashed into the clearing and gave to chase to the stag, Alistair hot on her heels. It was a good job he'd left his heavy plate back at camp, he'd have tired easily running in that. She dodged and ducked around branches as the stag pounded along in front of her, she pelted along as fast as she could while running on the uneven ground but the stag gradually pulled away from her. Giving it up as a futile run, she slowed and let Alistair catch her up.

"Why are we slowing?" he asked.

"We can't keep up with the animal, we'll just track it for a while and see if another opportunity presents itself." She said.

"Yes, well, if you'd taken the shot we wouldn't have had to do so would we." He said with a wry smile.

"But it wouldn't be so much fun would it."

"I suppose."

She turned her attention back to the trail and motioned for his silence once again as she began leading him through the forest. It took the better part of two hours before she glimpsed the stag again, and they'd walked many miles from the camp. She pulled Alistair into a large shrub and pointed his gaze away from her and at the deer. He'd been doing that a lot today and while she didn't mind, it was a little distracting from the task at hand. Feeding the band was more important than her growing infatuation with Alistair. "You want me to try again?" he asked, breaking her thoughts.

"If you want to." She said, "Try standing with your feet a little further apart this time." He did as she said, this time, setting his feet before taking his aim. She watched him release the arrow, this time, it grazed the stag, which reared and bellowed in surprise. The arrow lodged in the ground at the stag's foot. Zindrafel drew her knife and charged at the beast, Alistair followed, casting the bow aside for the moment. The creature tried to escape but the apparent graze was deeper than she first thought, as it tried to charge, Wolf slammed into its side, bring it to the ground. Her companion pinned it to the ground, awaiting her to commit an action she had performed countless times before.

"Alistair, this is your strike, you may make the killing blow if you so wish." She said, it was only right, he'd brought the animal down and it was his first hunt after all.

"Are you sure?" he asked. She nodded and he knelt in front of the terrified creature. "Is there no more ritual to it?" he said.

"No."

At her words he drew his sharp blade across the stag's throat; its life blood pulsed from the gash, its struggles faded before finally stilling. Alistair stood back and wiped bloody hands on the long grass. "Well done." Zindrafel said, failing to keep the pride from her voice.

"Uh, thanks." He said as he sheathed his blade. "How are we going to get this back to camp?" he asked.

"There'll be a long branch around here somewhere, we'll tie it to that and manage it between us." She said. He nodded and they began looking around.

It took another four hours before they returned to camp. Everything was where they left it. They hung the stag up on one of the nearby trees and ate a small lunch. The sun had split the clouds earlier that day and now warmed the camp in a rare moment of autumn heat. "We won't have the time to make it back to everyone today, so we may as well rest up for the afternoon and head back in the morning." Zindrafel said.

"Oh, a welcome rest if I'm honest." Alistair said, a genuine smile on his face, "It's been so long since it was you and I, I mean, not counting yesterday."

"Much has happened." Zindrafel said, she began working at her armour buckles. The leather slid off her and she placed it in a pile on the floor. She walked over to one of the large logs situated in the sun and stretched out on it. The warmth penetrated the black under robe she's been wearing and she let out a contented sigh. Alistair watched her for a while before following her lead. She observed him through the slits of her eyes as he removed his armour. He moved with the grace of the fighter that he was. She could make out the ghosts of his muscle underneath the black shirt he wore. He stretched much as she had before lying on the blankets, which were also in the sun.

"Do you regret any of it?" he asked after a moment.

"Hmm?"

"Do you regret any of what's happened?"

"I regret some, I miss Duncan, as you must too. The whole issue with Loghain and The Wardens as well. I think our time would be better spent against the Blight than with the infighting but such is your human nature." She said. "What about you?" she asked turning onto her side so she could see him.

"Duncan, sometimes I fear I'll forget what he looks like, what he sounded like. I miss him." Alistair said.

"I hope, when this is all over, we can have a proper memorial for him."

"Yes." Alistair nodded. She remained silent for a moment, letting him ponder her words for a while. It was true, she did miss Duncan but she also knew this was nothing compared to how much Alistair did. The sun shifted around and she found herself in the shade once again, she shivered and noticed that the sun still shone on the blankets and would do until it began setting.

"Do you mind if I join you?" she asked.

"Now, why would I mind that?" he said shifting over so there would be room for her. She flopped down next to him and let the sun heat her back, "Might as well make the most of it if winter is on its way."

"That's what I thought." Zindrafel said with a smile.

They remained silent for the rest of the afternoon, dozing in the heat of the sun. It was almost set when Zindrafel awoke. She looked around to see Alistair had already fixed something for them to eat. By the look it, he's also washed in the little stream nearby. "Thanks Alistair." She said, "I'll go sort myself out." She said.

Moments later she re-joined him at the campfire, feeling a lot fresher after a wash. Alistair handed her a plate of hot food, which she ate and found delicious, for trail rations at least. "Where did you learn to make such good food?" she asked.

"It's something I picked up."

"I'm glad you did."

"Well, you know, I like to show a girl a good time," he said with a laugh.

"It's been perfect." She said, resting her hand on his arm. "And you've proven yourself a worthy hunter as well."

"You're mocking me." He said raising his eyebrow.

"Of course not. I wouldn't dare." Zindrafel said. He turned to face her and looked into her eyes, searching for any mockery; she knew he would find none. Her respect for his progress today was genuine. He'd brought down a stag almost by himself, something he should be proud of. "You should be proud of your achievements today."

"Oh thank you." He said, he patted her hand where it rested, smiling down at her. "You're a real friend you know. Thanks for bringing me out here and showing me these things."

"You don't have to thank me, it was a way of getting some time off by ourselves." She said.

"Oh, sneaky." He said, raising an eyebrow, "And why would you want that?"

"I can't believe you don't know that yet Alistair." She said.

"I've a suspicion but you know me, I'm no good at this sort of thing and I think I'd just make a mess of it and you know I've never done anything like it before and now I'm babbling on like a child and well-"

"Alistair, relax." She said, giving his hand a squeeze, "I like you and want to spend time with you alone but if you're not ready then I'm willing to wait until you are."

"No, no. It's not that at all, it's just, well, I want everything to be just right," he said.

"Not surrounded by the forest in front of a crackling fire?"

"I meant the blight and all that." He replied.

"I know. Come on, you don't have to be nervous," she said. She watched him swallow, the apple in his throat bobbing as he did so.

"I'm not, I mean, I am but I-" she silenced him with her mouth. His hand jumped to her shoulder and he inhaled sharply. Her heart pounded in her ear, her hands shook, his musky scent filled her as she breathed against him. His lips shook as she pressed hers against his. His taste was sweet, reminding her of the honeyed wine of her people. His hand pushed its way through her braided hair and he drew her away but an inch. "Why did we wait for so long?" he asked before crashing back into her.

His mouth grew hungry, his lips parted and his tongue began an exploration of her lips. He probed her with the nervous gentleness of a novice yet she enjoyed the attention all the same. She guided him deeper into her mouth, lengthening the kiss, savouring every slight movement he made. Mirroring his curiosity, she unearthed the unknown depths of his mouth. Her lips tingled at the place where they met his, a wonderful surge of shivering pleasure rippled down her spine. She broke the kiss and looked into his eyes. Warmth spread through them that she was pleased to see.

"It's not so frightening eh?" she whispered.

"Of course not."

She arose and took his hand in hers, "Come with me then. I would fall asleep in your arms this night." She said. He nodded and arose as she tugged at his hand; she led him to the blankets in front of the fire and smiled. She lay on the blankets and was pleased when he reclined next to her. He propped himself on his elbow and she looked up into his gentle amber eyes. She reached up with her hand, she'd not noticed how much she was trembling until she rested it against his cheek, his eyes closed and he leaned against her hand.

He was so close to her, she could feel his warmth through the thin clothing they both wore; feel his shaking form. She slid her hand to the back of his neck and curled her fingers around the short fluffy hair. "Hey, you know that tickles." He said a laugh exploding as he spoke. She stopped with a smile and resorted to squeezing the corded muscles at the back of his neck instead. The sharp inhale of breath and the momentary tension in his shoulders brought a smile to her lips. She brought his mouth down to hers and slid her tongue between his lips. He opened up to her then, inviting her inside, willing her to deepen the kiss. She collided with him and feasted on his taste.

She slipped her hand from his neck to his shoulder, gripping him with her nails as his kiss drove a shudder down her spine. He flinched and she relaxed, breaking away, "Sorry." She murmured. He nodded before resuming his assault on her mouth. It was the best, most delicious, strawberry flavoured assault she had ever experienced. She let her hands slide up underneath the shirt he wore and explored the plains of his chest. He flinched a little from her cold hands before relaxing under her touch.

Zindrafel ran her fingers along one of the scars he bore and he laughed again, "I'm sorry, your hands are cold."

"Oh?" she said, pressing her hands against his chest, he squealed and laughed, tried to get away. She followed him, leaving her palms against his skin.

"That's mean." He said. He wrapped his arms around her then, and kissed her once more, crushing her against his chest. "This'll keep those hands warm." He said. She wriggled them out from between them and curled them around his back. She walked them down to the small hollow of his spine and let them rest as he thrust his hand through her hair once more. "You're so beautiful." He whispered as he gazed at her. She felt a blush creep onto her cheeks and she looked away.

"Don't be silly." Zindrafel said.

"I'm not." He said, kissing her cheek, "You really are." he kissed her nose, moving onto her forehead, then her eyes. His soft damp lips tickled her where they brushed her skin. She brought her lips to meet his then and tasted the sincerity of his words. She coaxed him into parting his lips and touched his tongue with her own. He pushed further into her mouth, he moaned against her and he shuddered when she dragged her hand over his hip.

She felt him tense for a moment so she left her hand where it was, she kissed him gently, letting him know it was all right. His hand came to mirror hers on her hip and he pushed her onto her back with a slight shove. The blankets cushioned her and she relaxed as he began his own exploration of her body. Zindrafel sat up for a moment as he tugged the shirt she wore over her head. "If I'm going to be wearing nothing, it's only fair that you do too." She said, pulling at the cotton he wore. He nodded and slipped the garment over his head, the flickering light of the fire bounced off his skin, showing the contours of his chest.

He looked down at where she's fallen back amongst the blankets and smiled at her. He then worked at removing her boots and tugging her socks after that. He placed them inside her boots before picking up her right foot. He worked at the sole, teasing out the stresses of the day, before turning his attention to the other. As he worked, a sense of calm stole over her, easing away the tensions of the day. She was almost sad when he set her foot down. He removed his own footwear before running his hands up her legs with a slowness that verged on infuriating. He skimmed ZIndrafel's hips, instead placing them on her flat belly and looking at her. She caught the unsure expression in his eyes so she took his hand and pulled him down next to her.

"Where did you learn that?" she asked.

"What? The feet? Oh, I don't know, you've been on them all day and well, it's nice right?"

She answered him with a kiss on his forehead before sitting up; she removed her cotton trousers and placed them next to her boots. She then tugged at the legs of his and he helped her removed them. She looked down at him lying there in just his pants and smiled, "Seems this happens even when you don't lead." She said. He let out a laugh before biting his bottom lip. She softened and returned to lying next to him, "I don't mean that nastily." She said, settling herself against him.

"I know." He said, his voice little more than a whisper. He nuzzled against her neck and she shivered. He nipped her skin between her teeth and she sighed. He did it again, kissing her at the base of her neck. He descended and stopped just before reaching her naked breast. She cupped his chin in her hand and brought him back up to her mouth. She enjoyed his attentions for a while longer before allowing her hand to descend past his waist, bringing it to rest at the fabric of his pants. Her hand shook, she looked into his eyes for a moment before pressing her palm against the soft fabric. He drew in a breath as she increased the pressure. She felt his cock bounce underneath her hand and she kissed him, helping him relax as she moved her hand along his length.

Zindrafel slid her hand under the fabric of Alistair's pants and took his shaft in her fingers. He threw his head back and moaned as she squeezed the tip between her fingers. "Zin..." he whispered. She kissed his nose as she stroked him, back and forth, with slow languid movements; he lifted his hips to greet her hand. She felt the beginning of a pulse at the base of his cock so slowed her movements and pushed his hips to the ground. She released him and pushed the remaining fabric away. He worked them off and he lay there looking at her, "Keep it fair." He said with a shy smile. She nodded and removed the rest of her clothing. He caught her hand and pulled her down next to him. He shifted so he lay over her, he nudged her legs open with his knee and knelt between them.

"This is ok?" he asked.

"Of course." She said. He leaned forward, resting his arms on either side of her head. She could feel his hard cock nudge at her thigh and she parted her legs further, waiting for him. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him forward; kissing him, letting him know it was fine. She lifted her hips as he pushed against her. She felt the delightful pressure and slight release as he entered her. He remained still for a moment, for which she was glad. It had been so long and the sudden invasion was a shock to her. He sighed and planted a kiss on her mouth, which she was more than happy to return.

Then he began to move. She gasped as Alistair moved forward, nudging at her. She mimicked his movements, crashing her hips against his. A moan escaped his lips and he threw his head backwards. She clenched around him as he drew backwards, refusing to let him leave her. She matched his motions, was surprised when his arms drew her up to him, holding her as he thrust into her. Her back began to tense and she knew the desire that had been brewing over the past few months was nearing release. His mouth found hers and he moaned into her as he kissed her. She wrapped her legs around him and squeeze. Her own moan escaped her and she threw her head back, crying out to the surrounding forest. The tension spread to her legs, threatening to cramp them up.

"Oh, name of the Maker." She heard him whisper, his thrusting becoming more intense, less controlled, more frenzied. She crushed her eyes shut and felt herself clench around him. The world began to turn a gentle shade of red, as though she was floating on a giant wave. It pulled her under and she grabbed the blanket underneath her in her fist. She felt like she was drowning, she pulled in deep gasps of air. The world exploded into shades of red and gold, Alistair thrust forward one final time before his cry echoed hers in the forest. He exploded within her, his face screwed up in an expression of pure bliss. She tensed and relaxed, tensed and relaxed, all the while she could feel him inside her.

All of a sudden, he relaxed with a great sigh. She fell back into the blankets, him still over her. His weight supported by his elbows on either side of her. He kissed her on the mouth, his lips as gentle as they ever had been, "I can't-"

"Shh." She said, lifting a shaky hand to his lips, "Give it a minute." He nodded and rolled to the side of her. He gathered her up in his arms, pulling the blankets over them both. Zindrafel enjoyed the last effects of him for a moment before rolling to snuggle into his arms.

"You know, this is where the sisters in the Chantry say I get struck by lightning." He said, his voice a small whisper.