All Comments on 'The Inn Ch. 03'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Expectations

I really like this story. It has a rich world and a great protagonist, that knows much but is far from perfect. This makes for great stories and characters. However your introduction of Simon set some expectations in me on how this will progress. Right now he is a man of knowledge, intrigue and spycraft in a world of fantasy and magic. This is a really refreshing approach to fantasy stories as the protagonist does not have the biggest sword or wand for a change. So I hope he doesn't find his magic talent suddenly and becomes the bumbling archmage in training or something like that. Or if it does I hope it happens fast at least. The longer he is Mister Normal the more jarring his transformation will be for me.

Just my take on the story so far.

Cheers

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Expectations)

Well, I hate spoilers, but I think I can safely say that if I wanted to give Simon any kind of special powers or adventuring skills, there would have to be a very, very, very clever reason for it!

Thanks for letting me know how you feel about the story so far ... I really appreciate the feedback, and I hope the rest of Simon's escapades meet your expectations ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brains and Brawns

It certainly would be more interesting if we have a protagonist who uses knowledge, intrigue, and guile than a generic fantasy hero who uses sword and sorcery once in a while. This is great reading.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Brains and Brawns)

I actually conceived of this story several years ago, before I even started writing erotica. I knew it would be a tremendous challenge to write as a traditional fantasy novel, because the level of action would be so low-key and the plot would require a lot of complexity. But revisiting the idea recently, I decided that adding in a significant sexual component would increase both the level of fun in the story and the action payoff for the reader. So I decided to go for it.

I'm glad it's working out for you so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This series is very enjoyable

I really like the setting and the fun adventures he is getting himself into even while being localized to the inn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More story.

It would be good to have more of the story to rap around the sex.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (This series is very enjoyable)

It's great to hear that you're enjoying it ... I'm really enjoying writing it too!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (More story.)

Next chapter, for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A beginning, a middle, and an end.

I really hope you don't become one of those authors in this site who wrote an exciting story and then suddenly abandon it with no warning! I get that they have lives to live of their own, and I can respect that, but I see the gaps in which they haven't given us hungry packs of readers any new chapters for almost three to five years, and I just couldn't stop myself from feeling disappointed. Please, if you have to deal with real life at least give us a warning, and I myself will gladly wait, because this is one of the most exciting stories I have read so far. You are brilliant, good sir. Simply brilliant. I look forward for more chapters of Simon's adventures, fantasy or sexual!

I know I said I'll gladly wait if you have to deal with real life in the future, but right now, knowing that there will be another chapter coming soon, I can't wait!!!

Yours, Anonymous Reader and Fan of 'The Inn'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fantastic series

amazing characters and the world around the Inn. I like to know what you based your non human character of, or she an original creation. also please continue this awesome story till next time.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (A beginning, a middle, and an end.)

Don't worry too much about me leaving the story hanging. I'm pretty good about sticking with projects, because I try really hard to only begin projects I'm excited about, and I almost always have an end in mind when I start. My guess is that this one will be somewhere around 10 chapters over the next 2 or 3 months. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Glad to hear you are too!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (fantastic series)

This story came to me on a long car trip. I started a daydream about being transported into the world of one of my fantasy books, and I realized right away that there's no way I could keep up with my heroes, because I'm a total klutz with no combat skills and certainly no magical abilities. So I started thinking about what I realistically could do, and this story popped into mind.

As for Kizaah ... I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I've always had the hots for that green dancing chick from Jabba the Hutt's palace in Return of the Jedi. I think her name is Oola. (Easter egg: if you freeze-frame the part where Jabba is pulling her toward him on her chain, you can totally see her nipples as the fabric of her top bounces loose. Not the piece of knowledge I'm proudest of possessing, but it's true.) Anyway, those weird tentacles on her head always struck me as sexual, which added even more to her attractiveness for me. When I was thinking what Simon's first sex-work encounter might be, Oola popped into my mind. And since I hate to be unoriginal, I made her red instead of green, left the tentacles off her head, and put one in her crotch instead to make it her race's version of a clitoris.

So that's the creative process at work!

Thanks for letting me know you like the story! I'll keep the chapters coming.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 6 years ago
Baffled, bemused and... Entertained!

Having a Blast!... hmmm, no, that doesn't work. Anyways, loving the story :)

Jason

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@JasonRTaylor

Glad to hear it! Thanks!

KnightofmindKnightofmind7 days ago

Great stuff. A sex tentacle eh? Hmm.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
959 Followers
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Inn Ch. 02 Previous Part
The Inn Series Info