All Comments on 'The Inn Ch. 07'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you

There are...certain people that always want certain things from authors. There is a reason that there is so much literature and literary styles available in the world. It is a sad truism however that those who cannot write, or create or do tend to yell at others for their perceived shortcomings..... it is easier to blame someone else than to accept your own failings and move forward.

Keep writing and keep doing what makes you happy and ignore the naysayers, they are simply scared to admit they can't write themselves and have lost the ability to wonder.

LustKnightLustKnightabout 8 years ago

Very happy to see a new entry in this series, and continuing to enjoy them. Just frustrated that it was so short and ended on a cliffhanger! Looking forward to the next.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Thank You)

I'm glad you're liking the story, and the encouragement is equally appreciated if not more so.

One thing I try to do with criticism, after evaluating how much I agree or disagree with it, is to remember that reflexive negativity and disparagement usually come from a place of pain. People who are unconstructively critical more often than not engage in their behavior because they have experienced something damaging. Maybe they later decided to deal their own brand of damage as a form of revenge, or maybe it's an attempt to compensate for the hurt they've gone through ... or maybe they simply learned from a bad example and don't realize that there are much better ways to live one's life. In any case, they really deserve sympathy, and they can't be successfully dealt with by responding in kind.

No matter how much they make us want to take them by the collar and shake some sense into them. ; )

Thanks for commenting!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@LustKnight

I'm trying to post chapters as soon as I reach the point that each installment feels like a complete dramatic unit. In this case, though, it's possible the next scene would have provided better closure. Oh well. Hopefully, now that I'm back into my groove on the story, they'll hit more often and length won't be as much of an issue.

Thanks a ton for letting me know you enjoyed the chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ignore the naysayers

There are always going to be people who will criticize anything ... To them, the Mona Lisa's smile isn't big enough, or the spontaneous cute kitten video should've been done with stage lighting and a tripod.

The most important thing is to write what you want to write ... and your stories are consistently near or above 4.75 which means that at least 3/4 of the ratings are a 5. (assuming the rest are 4s.). If you get a jerk on here criticizing the work and giving a 1, then there were 19 others giving it a 5 to balance it out.

You're a great storyteller with an intriguing premise ... and enough writing sklls that we don't get hung up on poor spelling and typos. (I doubt the same could be said for me).

If someone doesn't like your story ... well fuck 'em. They can go and read something else. Keep writing what you have been for the over 75% of us who love your work.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Ignore the naysayers)

Thanks for another vote of confidence!

I do usually have a pretty thick skin, but those particular comments hit during a bit of a down patch for me. Truthfully, they weren't the worst comments I've received by a long shot -- it was just bad timing.

But I've got my chin up now, and I really appreciate you chiming in to help me keep it there.

Back to writing ...

: )

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Very entertaining story. Have read each chapter and hope you continue. Thanks for sharing it.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Very nice story)

Thank you very much!

Chapter 8 is in the queue now, and there will be at least 4 more in all, I think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
FUN AT THE INN

Simon is at again considering this encounter could have turned way worse than the others. the one with nobles was just a prelude to jump start the plot in my opinion considering what they had said previously about it you worked it out pretty well. Now will any other responses to his letters that won't be as dangerous or will Simon bounce back in the next chapter, will he be more careful his knowledge in the novel world. Can't wait for the next chapter. Cheers!

NearMissNearMissabout 8 years ago
Amazing!

You already know how I feel about your writing and yet again you have captured my imagination. All my favorite writers on Literotica have the ability to spin a tale so engrossing that the erotic side is usually a distraction from main plot, something I usually endure or skip over to get back to the meat and potatoes of the story. This one is different though. You've managed to tie both together in a way that are not only integral for the plot, but don't feel tacked on or obligatory to the story as well. I'm already a sucker for a good fantasy story, hell even just an okay fantasy story, and the way you've fleshed out Phaeland I find myself wanting to read all of Simon's books. Just what I'd need to tide me over till Rothfuss' 'The Stone Door'. So please don't keep us waiting like Patrick and don't bring it to an end too soon! This is just too good stop at a mere 10 chapters!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
I appreciate comments like these so much!

@Anonymous (FUN AT THE INN):

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm having a lot of fun with this story too. Of course, Simon's between a bit of a rock and a hard place, since he's got to try every resource he can think of. But Eesia's wrath may make him think his strategies over from a few more angles before he sits down to write his future letters!

Thank you for commenting!

@NearMiss:

I'm definitely a bigger fan of erotica books that are about sex (and romance) than those that are about something else and just include a lot of sex in them. Thanks for letting me know the distinction isn't lost on you.

I'm currently fleshing out the remainder of my outline, and the story could wrap up as quickly as Chapter 11. (Maybe not the most fortuitous chapter number to end on!) However, like Simon, I'm now working to avoid potentially disastrous haste, and I'm mulling whether the story will support two or three chapters more than that. Drawing a story out for the sake of drawing it out isn't my style, but I also don't want to rush things.

As for Simon's books, maybe if I ever get successful enough to write full-time, I'll try my hand at a Juliette Ravendark novel ...

Take care, and thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Snake-women. Right in the sweet spot. Thank you so much for that.

I have to note, and I'm writing as a fellow who has greatly enjoyed your work and your marvelous skill, that iguana. I'm just imagining her thinking to herself, 'I'm translating the sex noises of a snake for an ape. Lizard Gods help me."

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Snake-women)

Maybe I need to write a spinoff story in the Non-human category about that iguana ...

Hmmm ...

Thanks for the idea and the words of encouragement!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
oh fuck...

I didn't plan to comment until the end of the series but this was just so bloody damn erotic! Turns out you can write just about any genre you turn your hand do, thank you for your writing.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 6 years ago
Wondering if I should bother being surprised!

I laughed out loud when I realized where you were going with this one. Then, again, bursting with appreciative mirth when she bit him. It doesn't matter if I saw it coming, your descriptions rendered my imaginative musings moot, giving this tale once again the badge of well written prose.

Thanks so much for sharing your time, talent and imagination.

Jason

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Inn Ch. 06 Previous Part
The Inn Series Info