All Comments on 'The Inn Ch. 09'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
tmgermanytmgermanyalmost 8 years ago

I really love this story, there are just so many different levels of interesting content, you're always desperate to keep on reading. Cheers, I hope this on will make it to the end!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Oh goody!

I love how you end this chapter. Simon's efforts in trying to remember this small little plot point of one of his discarded stories that could have very well turned into something important... Well, he found her!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

@tmgermany: I'm always glad to hear that people want to read more! My outline for the rest of the story is pretty solid at this point, so it's just a matter of me balancing the writing with all the other things sucking at my attention in life. Thanks for commenting!

@Anonymous (Oh goody!): I enjoy catching Simon off-guard! I'm guessing a certain number of readers will see the "twist" of Leyna's identity coming, but as long as it makes Simon scramble entertainingly, I'm okay with that. More interesting surprises in the next couple of chapters too! I hope you like them as well. I really appreciate the comments. : )

edwards21edwards21almost 8 years ago
Wow

I flat out did not see that twist coming. I had no reason to. Interesting!

I love this series so much. I love it. The grin that I get on my face when I see a new chapter pop up is one for the ages. Bravo, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
FUN AT INN WITH LEYNA PART 2 (NECROMANATA'S DAUGHTER)

Best twist ever in the series with Leyna with person he is looking for right under his nose and how does this revelation propel Simon forward. Leyna does she have any powers or she unaware of her heritage in the series. Still waiting on Simon to get better for their hook up later in the next chapter. Keep pumping these fantastic chapters out so we can meet many new characters and see if Simon can still save the day.Cheers!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
More heartfelt thanks!

@edwards21: I never know if I'm being too subtle or too obvious! Glad I was able to surprise you. : )

@Anonymous (FUN AT INN...): Hmm ... powers ... You'll just have to wait and see! But she obviously has the power to keep Simon spellbound!

Thank you both!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Shit

Shit's about to get real...

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (shit)

: D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nicely done

You did it really subtly, only reason I knew it was coming is there's only so many ways to build to a reveal and only two major characters, and it obviously wasn't Simon.

In future works perhaps try a more ensemble cast.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Nicely done)

When I revise the story for publication, I'll put the initial discussion of "The Necromancer's Daughter" much earlier on, where it might be plausible for Kizaah or Ferd to be candidates. One of the drawbacks of writing on the fly chapter by chapter!

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the suggestion!

WanderingLost42WanderingLost42almost 8 years ago
Whaaaaat?

I did not see that coming! I'm absolutely loving this story!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@WanderingLost42

Perfect!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Aaaaah WHAT?

I want you to picture a teenage girl fangirling hard over her dream pop star. In person. That, is how you made me feel with this chapter, I absolutely loved it! Now, the unfortunate part, the wait. Take as long as you need to keep up the superb quality of writing, and know you have a 200 pound man fangirling hard in eager anticipation for the next chapter!

Best of luck,

Dennis

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Dennis

Just be sure to dot your i's with little hearts in any fan letters you send me!

Thanks for the squeal of appreciation!

Myriad2Myriad2almost 8 years ago
Spectacular!

I'm enjoying myself immensely and can't wait for the next chapters. In my years on literotica, you're only the second author I've favorited. Keep up the good work!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Myriad2

Wow! I'll have to go check out the other one when I can take a break from writing!

Thanks for the high compliment ... I really appreciate it!

cittrancittranalmost 8 years ago
...Well then.

That just happened.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@cittran

Or so it would seem ... !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Cliff-hangers

There seems to be an art in writing cliff-hangers.Very nice one here.Completely unexpected .Ah,well bravo

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (cliff-hangers)

Sometimes it's art, and sometimes you just kind of luck into it! As Bob Ross used to say, there are no mistakes in art, just happy accidents.

Thanks for the kind words!

asianToyasianToyover 7 years ago
My goodness...

It took a while for me to realize, but you're a really good writer. I know that doesn't sound like great praise but it only means I'm slow to recognize what by this time is obvious.

Thanks for all the fun chapters!

asianTou

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@asianToy

It took me a while to realize it too!

Thanks for taking the time to say so ... praise is praise, in my book!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Hah! Great ending. I was so caught up in the scene that it was a popper stunner!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Hah! Great Ending.)

Thanks! Believe it or not, I was worried everyone would see that ending coming. Glad to know I didn't telegraph it too badly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Uh oh

You're a fine writer, but I hope our hero isn't one of those wimpy cucks who gets off on other men humping his woman.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Uh oh)

Well, I don't think Simon is exactly "wimpy," but if a guy is going to accept a prostitute as his girlfriend, it probably helps to be able to appreciate her getting enjoyment from her work. That in turn suggests that he could get at least some kind of a kick out of her promiscuity ... even if it also makes him uncomfortable.

I hope the various chapters where Leyna gets it on with other guys don't disappoint you too much!

And thanks for saying I write well, too!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 6 years ago
Oh. Well... shit.

I'm not sure what else to say.

Onward!

J

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@JasonRTaylor

“Onward!” is certainly not a bad response when one is unsure what to say! Thanks for continuing to read!

Vezok95Vezok95over 4 years ago
What a twist

Really didn't see that one coming, though I really should have.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
@Vezok95

I’ve actually been surprised that more people don’t see it coming, because I’m always nervous that my twists will be too obvious and just make people roll their eyes. But I guess I managed to pull this one off okay!

Thanks for commenting!

bear1999bear19996 months ago

Well I rhought I saw that coming and wham there it was...didn't take anything away though.. glad I stumbled across this story . thanks 5/5

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcomb3 months agoAuthor

@bear1999: It's been ages since I revisited this story, and I'd honestly forgotten how tickled I was with this twist and with the fact that at least a goodly number of readers didn't see it coming. I'm glad your foresight didn't impair your enjoyment of the story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Inn Ch. 08 Previous Part
The Inn Series Info