All Comments on 'The Inn Ch. 14'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
FUN AT THE INN(Mommy Dearest)

what a surprising twist in the story with the mother and daughter reunion. what about the magic pen and how to properly use it. Simon wanting to stay despite having a inadvertently a way out discovering last minute. Now I thought we were ending the story with 14 chapters, how many chapters have you got left to add to it, cause of that cliffhanger. As long as you finish it at your own pace, guess there still some fun left be had with Simon and leyna. Cheers!

WhitePaintWhitePaintalmost 8 years ago
Okay?

So when the mistress said 'a life to disturb the dead!' Was she this serious about her mother being awakened from the dead or it's some sort of other necromancer magic which kept her alive to guard that brooch or whatever other plan the necromanata has got?

WP

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (FUN AT THE INN)

The farther I got into this chapter, the more I realized that there were two choices: make it a super-long chapter that wrapped everything up, which would mean posting it at least a week later, or split it in two and go to a 15th chapter.

At this point, I'm planning to wrap up next chapter. Unfortunately, I had to take an out-of-town trip this week unexpectedly, and I haven't made as much progress as I would like. I suppose it's possible that as I write further into Ch. 15, I may find it running long as well and go to a 16th chapter, but I'll be surprised if that's the case.

Thanks for your patience!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@WhitePaint

More will be revealed in Chapter 15!

I will say, though, that Lismada already admitted to being overdramatic. So maybe she was just trying to throw Simon off-balance so he'd be relieved about taking her deal ... : )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I hope you realize that we judge great sci-fi on a different scale.

Your 4.9+ stars would translate into a New York times best Seller.

Whereas the 4.9 stars in other categories would have trouble getting published on the back pages of Penthouse.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (I hope you realize that we judge great sci-fi on a different scale)

Thanks! Now if I could just translate that star rating into an actual NYT bestseller, I'll be set!

: D

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorabout 6 years ago
Stunning

Excellent development, really caught me off guard and brings me to a new appreciation for fantasy, especially the way the characters interact in ways that make complete sense, but I'd not expected.

J

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
958 Followers
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Inn Ch. 13 Previous Part
The Inn Series Info