All Comments on 'The Inn Ch. 15'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Thanks for this story. I enjoyed it a lot :)

Tylermcd93Tylermcd93almost 8 years ago

): I'm so sad to hear this is the last chapter. But maybe this could be the last chapter of a first arc perhaps? So a new arc begins? I would love to read more about this world, its characters, and all the naughty things that happen in it. It's so good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
All's Well That Ends Well!

Wow, now THAT is a satisfying conclusion! I stumbled upon The Inn one dark and stormy night and I'm so very glad I did. Love how the series had such a positive and light-hearted tone. The characters were incredibly memorable and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every scene Simon and Leyna had together!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
FUN AT THE INN

what a great ending to a stellar tale with memorable characters and a fun adventure had by all. Still wish Simon and Leyna more scenes together but that 's just me. considering the length of this story it was a great read to have lasted as long it did. Hope to see them again with another story arc you got planned the next time. Also see if there is any new stuff you can share with us, the next time on literotica.Cheers!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Everyone!

@Anonymous (Thanks for this story):

It was my pleasure, let me assure you!

@Tylermcd93:

One of the things I enjoy about fantasy is the world-building, and over the course of this book, I've really developed an affinity for Phaeland and its characters. I'd be surprised if I didn't return here at some point. It won't escape your notice, I'm sure, that there are tons of loose ends that could be tugged on for future stories ... for instance, there are at least 5 letters of Simon's whose outcome we still haven't seen. But I have quite a few other things to take care of before starting any more adventures for Simon and his friends. I'll write an update in my bio if you want to hear more.

Much gratitude for sharing your enthusiasm! I really appreciate it.

@Ardently:

I lean pretty heavily toward the positive in my writing, I admit. So it always pleases me when someone notices that and compliments it. As for Simon and Leyna, they really were a joy to write. It can be hard work sometimes, finding the right path for a story and pushing through. But when it clicks right and I come across someone like Leyna, I feel very fortunate or even privileged to have found my way into this calling.

@Anonymous (FUN AT THE INN):

I'm so glad this story caught your fancy and kept your attention as such a faithful reader. I definitely expect to be back at some point ... we'll have to wait and see if it's with more tales of Simon and Leyna, or something else. Thanks so much for all your encouragement and dependable comments!

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 7 years ago

Poor Simon... All that effort and every plan went differently than expected, even down to the villain committing suicide after foiling their attempt to kill him.

Not to mention him still being under the impression that he dreamt the world up, which is perhaps better for this ego than the more likely answer. This really is the problem with trying to mess with the future... The changes are utterly unpredictable.

It would be particularly ironic if the bulk of his attempts to change things end up making only minor changes to the long term chronology, such that events in his later books still play out much the same even though artifacts have moved.

Anyway, certainly looks like you wrapped this arc up with quite the bang ;)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Heisenhug

In some ways, this story really turned out to be an allegory for what almost every writer experiences at one point or another ... characters and plots that just won't do what you intend, as well as a sense that what you're doing makes no difference to anyone. It's a tough gig sometimes!

On the other hand, Simon also got to enjoy something unexpected and beautiful that wasn't part of his original plan at all, which is another thing writers encounter. (When they're lucky.)

Thanks for commenting!

magikman233magikman233over 7 years ago
this was pretty amazing

ordinarily i try to approach stories on this site with a unbiased view then give an unbiased opinion based on my reading,that being said,this was awesome......in most stories on literotica i find a few flaws,not this one,keep up the good work mr whitcomb

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@magikman233

Well, there are definitely flaws in it, but I'm glad to hear you didn't notice them!

Thanks for writing to let me know you enjoyed it. I really appreciate it when readers take the time to tell me their reactions.

: )

asianToyasianToyover 7 years ago
Stupendous!!!

Three cheers for the author!!! *howls of hooting and applause*

Thanks for a great read!

asianToy

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@asianToy

(grateful, slightly red-cheeked bow ...)

Thanks for the applause!

iknowwhatiknowwhatover 7 years ago
what a story!

except for chapter 13, wtf happend there? it was bad.

But aside from that it was great. Very much enjoyed my time with the story

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@iknowwhat

That was the bad-luck chapter.

: )

Glad you liked the rest of it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Great - I liked EVERY chapter!

Thank you sooooo much!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wow)

Glad you liked it! Thank you for commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
brilliant!

that was just fantastic, thank you for your writing.

now go write something else :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (brilliant!)

Thank you!

I've got plenty of stuff lined up to write ... it's just a matter of finding the time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

Loved the entire series. You have a lot world info in this, it could be easily extended into an Epic fantasy.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Good story)

Glad you liked it! We'll see if any epic sequel ideas occur to me ...

Tall_kTall_kover 7 years ago
Excellent!

I loved your series. It's great to see another excellent, well-balanced story with engaging characters and a moving plot. It's even better to see an excellent story on Lit that is finished. The way you finished it, leaving it open for pre- or sequel, was great! If you don't write any more, there's still room in my imagination for the characters to continue.

Thanks for the story!

P.S. In my mind, there was no need to apologize for any lack of sex scenes; I thought the story had just the right number and length of them.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Tall_k

I tend to warn people about my no-sex/low-sex chapters just because a certain percentage of Literotica readers really want that kind of payoff, and I hate to have them read all the way through an installment only to be disappointed. Especially since most of my stories are pretty crammed full of sex!

Thanks for being in the category of readers who appreciate a chapter now and then that's just story. And thanks for letting me know how great you thought it was! I really appreciate that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best on Lit.

This is one of the absolute best stories I have ever read. It was incredibly funny, sexy and well written. I loved the way that the characters just fell into each others lives. Especially the way that the fate of the whole world was hinged in a tongue in cheek kind of way to the romance that was blossoming. Thanks for this. Keep up the good work. If you see this comment go and check out the first one right now. Its worth it.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (One of the best on Lit.)

Thank you very much! Comments like this always make my day! It's been a quiet year for me, writing-wise. But I'm hoping to be more productive in 2018.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 6 years ago
So very good!

This story has it all, excellent characters and unpredictable plot, with a ton of fun and yet not just a few lessons.

Oh, and some damned hot sex ;)

I even got a happy ending, what more can I hope for... except, of course, more?

LOL, I know, greedy fucking readers!

Looking forward to perusing your other stories, thanks for sharing your time and talent!

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Praise and Questions

A truly entertaining and wonderfully written story! You're on par with Lien_Geller and hopefully you see that as the compliment it is meant to be.

There are far too few stories like that, with relatable characters, a setting that doesn't take itself too seriously, well-executed sexscenes and lots and lots of humor to go with it.

Although I feel that the ending was a bit rushed in my opinion.

I expected and wished the author to be a bit more powerful with his "precognition" and there are so many open questions, the biggest of which is: What happened to the mouse, err.. serpents?

You've made a big deal how important it is that the serpents get their holy relict or there will be dire consequences. But Lord Phurl sent an assassin, so I go on a limp here that he didn't pay the money into Kleburn Mandermorte's blind bank account, so he wouldn't feel inclined to go to Cymbelville, retrieve Vark's Sword and travel to Thankorta to trade the enchanted blade for the Heart of Asp ruby. So the envoy of the high priestess of the First Temple will arrive in Phaeratos and find nothing there that they wanted to trade for...

Other (less serious) questions are:

Did Lord Weltfordshire know, what he's been gifting to Simon?

If so, what was his motivation? Did he just want to give Siomon the opportunity to meet his characters? Would he want Simon to live in that universe and never to write again, if he's obviously such a big fan? Or is there something else entirely going on?

Why not refill the fountain pen?

Is Simon able to bend the world to his will? The thing with the Mileblinker certainly worked, just not to his expectations, thanks to a lack of specifics.

Will the other adventures of Juliette Ravendark happen as they were?

The first "book" happened now totally different than the story Simon has written. Does that mean the books in the real world changed too?

The charcters certainly have some kind of "free will", see Lord Phurl above, so how does that relate to future events? If Simon can't be sure his characters act like they supposed to be, now that he has changed the first book and the character developement of his protagonists, how is he going to make sure that one of the many antagonists he wrote in the books won't succed? Now that Juliette Ravendark has the power of the Mileblinker, there is no reason to have "coincidental" meetings with certain people in the books, because she is going to travel a lot faster and is less likely to stop by along the way...

How much is Simons love for Leyna worth? She is just another of his fantasies, like Julliette, she has no real flaw, nothing annoying, nothing truly unexpected to "put up with" just because you LOVE this person so much. Even her whoring is (not so) secretly designed to turn him on. She is not a "real" love (well, obviously), she is, forgive me the crass term, only a better masturbatory aid.

On the other hand, her love for him is not as questionable. Maybe one could argue, that because she is a fantasy of his, he would subconsciously wanted her to like men like him. But she'll have to put up with his quirks and flaws, because everyone in the real world has some.

Secondly, and that is by no means a criticism to your writing, because a lot of other authors do it exactly the same, I find it in every story astonishing, how quickly the protagonist acclimates and later decides to stay. He doens't try to find a way back into his world with his pen, he doesn't rationalize that just because the events happen differently here than in his book doesn't mean the book changes, or that the characters are only fictional, regardless of what happens.

And later, what a coincidence. he doesn't have family, friends, acquaintances, doesn't care about his fans, whom he brought so much joy with his books and who are eager for more. doesn't care about books, movies, plays, tv series, games, vacationing places, foods, drinks, the internet and other things you get inevitably attached and/or accustomed to. He just says "Fuck all of them and what they think about my sudden disappearence , without a trace to boot!"

Did you met a person to whom that all applies? In my opinion, this is the mindset of a suicidal man, because he had obviously nothing in his world to go back to, and ultimately to live for. Which opens up another entire Bag of Holding of questions, for example: Do his characters age? Do they now, now that he lives in their world? Does he age? If the only thing he now has to live for is Leyna, what happens if or when she dies? Does he live on? Does he write her back? Will she come back "right"? (Psst, they never do... ;-) ) Would she even want him to do that? Or will he just kill himself because she is the only thing holding him to this world? Or would he try to find a way back to his world? How works time between those worlds? Does time flow equally between them? Is it like a time "bubble", if he get's back nothing has changed (or time just very, very slowly progressed?)

God, I hope you write a sequel, or companion piece or just an answer to my comment saying: "Stop thinking so much about a story about magic pens and fucking, for god's sake! Fuck you for making my brain hurt!" ;-)

P.S.: Sorry, thinking means I care. :-)

Great story, though. :-)

P.S.: I'm German, so please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Praise and Questions)

First, thanks for all your compliments and curiosity! I'm flattered by and appreciative of both.

Some answers ...

I usually complete a series and revise it before posting, but this one was written and posted on the fly. I did a copy-editing pass on each chapter to get rid of typos and awkward wordings, but the end result here is essentially a rough draft. I've been slowly editing the book for actual publication since writing it, though, so a more polished version with (hopefully) fewer plot gaps will eventually be available, probably later this year.

So the answer to some of your questions is, I was just winging it. : )

My assumption was always that Duke Phurl was cautious enough to put the money in Kleburne's account just in case Valdazirit Cang didn't find the blackmailer. (And he hired her as a private detective, not knowing she was an insane assassin.) However, the possibility that Kleburne never got paid could have lots of implications if I eventually write a sequel, so I'll have to think about that!

I have no fixed ideas about Lord Weltfordshire -- he's sort of like the wrench that hit the main character's head in Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. But the pen was definitely the source of magic, so Simon can't write things into existence here in Phaeland without it. OTOH, maybe now that he's in Phaeland, if he writes a story about the "real" world, it will come true in our dimension. Or maybe he'll write a sci-fi story while in Phaeland, and he and Leyna will somehow end up transported into a futuristic adventure in another galaxy. It could go any number of ways!

Having interfered with the plot of Doom of Necromanata, Simon will have a harder time predicting things from here on. (Not that he predicted all that well what would happen in this book!) Future events may include stuff he wrote down in the later novels, but as you point out, the Mileblinker alone probably unbalances where Juliette's further adventures proceed.

As for Leyna being a fantasy, I think to some extent, all love is a fantasy. "True" love is what happens when two people meet who share very similar fantasies about what love is, and then commit themselves to maintaining that fantasy. And there's a lot more to Leyna than her sexiness ... she's fundamentally a wonderfully kind and clever person, which in my view gives her a lot of value beyond masturbation.

You're on target with your criticism of Simon so casually being able to wave off returning to his world. It's certainly a bit of a cheat for him to have no strong connections drawing him back. This is a wish-fulfillment story in many ways, and while Simon is not a depressive person, I have some depressive tendencies, and the temptation to stay in a fantasy world with a perfect lover would certainly test me greatly. That said, Simon has experienced Phaeland as a real place and Leyna as a real person, and if he had turned down the Mistress of the Bog's deal and used the pen to go home, he couldn't be sure that Phaeland and Leyna would survive Necromanata's subsequent invasion. He doesn't understand exactly how his writing in the real world relates to the reality of Leyna's existence, so he'd basically be turning his back on her survival if he left at that point.

I hope this answers most of your questions. Thanks again for the long and thoughtful comments!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thanks for the answers!

Wow, I didn't hope to hear from you so soon. :-)

What do you mean by "polished version available"? Do you mean here on LT, or a book with less plotholes and sex as a real book?

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Thanks for the answers!)

You can check out my profile if you want more info about my published versions. Literotica doesn’t want authors making sales pitches in comments, so I won’t go into much more detail here. But for The Inn, I’m fiddlng with two different versions at the moment, one a tighter, better-edited version of this one, the other a more R-rated, non-explicit version that takes slightly different angles on various parts of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent story

Firstly thank you for producing this wonderful piece of literature! I found this to be an enthralling story with great character development from start to finish.

I have also read several of your other stories and enjoyed them all.

Please keep up the great work.

Thanks

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Excellent story)

Thanks for the support and compliments!

I'm happy you liked them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
long time no see

Hey are still working on an Inn sequel sometime soon cause I miss Simon and Leyna wondering if you had anything in the works. Or will you do Leyna"s POV sometime soon in the next book. their still so much left to tell and what not and crazy sexy adventures you haven't thought of yet. Cheers!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (long time no see)

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately. Personal stuff. But thank you for the compliment and encouragement!

Gregorius_LightmouthGregorius_Lightmouthover 4 years ago
Great story!

I just read through the entire story in one sitting, it was a great way to spend my Sunday! I would love to get more from either the characters or just the universe you created for them. Either way, thanks for your work!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
@Gregorious_Lightmouth

Wow, all in one sitting! I'm definitely flattered that it kept your attention that well.

Thanks for letting me know; it really does mean a lot to me.

: )

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
What a tale! :D

I basically read this whole story in one sitting... Well, at least, I binged it over what time I had over the past couple of days. It was truly the most entertaining story I've read here on Lit, in that it was a good length, had a great cast of characters who were all interesting in distinctly different ways, and while it was a bit overly-gratuitous on the sex, it never felt like the sex wasn't integral to the story. I also found myself hopelessly invested in the romance between Leyna and Simon, and even that was extremely satisfying to me.

Like every great story, I am almost grudgingly depressed that it is over, but you managed to do something only a very few select authors on Lit have done, and created an ending for your story with which I am surprisingly content.

Thanks, not only for a great story, but most for finding a way to end it in a way that gives my mind, and heart, some peace.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 4 years agoAuthor
@IlliterateScholar

Goodness, thanks for the extremely high praise!

I actually agree about the gratuitousness of some of the sex. I was writing and posting chapter by chapter rather than posting the whole thing after I finished and had time to revise it. Once it was all done, I attempted to do an R-rated version for eventual publication, but some of the sex scenes, like Yilma's ritual to test Leyna's goodness, and the swamp orgy, really don't work without a fairly graphic level of detail, and I got distracted by other things before I could come up with replacement scenes. I also felt like, if I was going to do that much work taming it down to an R-rating level, I might as well do a major rewrite and turn it into a straight-up fantasy novel instead of erotica.

In the end, rereading it after I put it out as an e-book, I decided I really like it as smutty fantastical romance anyway. But who knows, maybe down the road one of those cleaner versions will see the light of day ...

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Good reading to you!

PraetusPraetusalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic tale

This was a BRILLIANT story. Not the wandering adventurer, but the attempt at being the Vetinari - solving everything via letters and planning.

A sweet romance, exploring boundaries, happiness and what it means to be in love and respect another person. And a really good twist to the end there!

Thank you for writing and putting it out there!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 4 years agoAuthor
@Praetus

Thanks for letting me know how much you liked it! This is my longest erotica story, and I definitely put a lot into it, so I appreciate hearing that my efforts paid off for readers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Tremendous story, up there with Tolkein or JRRM, but ruder. I sort of expected the Lord of the pen to be in the final gathering, but maybe that's a hook to more adventures - I can but hope. Thanks.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 3 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wow)

That's definitely very high praise! I don't know about being up there with the writers you mentioned, since I'm pretty significantly less successful than either of them ... but I whole-heartedly appreciate the comparison.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

lawspamenalawspamenaalmost 3 years ago

A brilliant story which had me binge reading in a single session. Kudos to you for writing such a well-though out and enticing fantasy centered around a sweet romance. Just brilliant.

Anyeay, Thank you for taking the time and effort to pen this beautiful journey. All the best and hope all is well on your end.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@lawspamena:

Thanks! That's a lot to read all at once, so I'm very flattered!

RowanRSARowanRSAover 2 years ago

OMFG I wish there was more of this. I mean, it's beautiful and satisfying as is. But also being one of the best I've ever read on this site, I still wish there was more. Sweet, the perfect kind of raunchy, and utterly captivating. Thank you!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 2 years agoAuthor

@RowanRSA:

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you liked it. I haven't been terribly productive lately, writing-wise, but who knows ... maybe someday I'll write a sequel!

bear1999bear19996 months ago

Perfect ending to a wonderful story. Your talent in world building is only surpassed by your character development. I felt each emotion they experienced. Thank you and happy trails to you. 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So, I gave this 5* a few hours ago.

Then I had several hours to ponder it. Now I'm back to say... unfortunately, in hindsight, this was really spectacularly unsatisfying! No Happily Ever After, no catharsis, no indication of what the protagonist(s) will be doing in the near future... Just...

.

Leyna got hollowed out by a dick that pulverized her liver and spleen, given its length and girth, while our primary POV character Simon got to watch, then magically her birth canal was restored and all the sperm-filled preseminal fluid she was injected with evaporated, just in time for our POV character Simon to *not* feel her vaginal walls failing to wrap around a dick that (would have been) like tossing a hotdog down a hallway...and for him to be able to be sure that the new baby is totes his, not the other dudes she just let put their preseminal fluid all over the interior of her vaginal canal... Then the baby is dead and gone, Leyna's mom is fine, and everybody is back together again. No real, meaningful discussion on how anybody feels about what just happened, no information about whether when Leyna's dad vampirized her baby to restore his wife's health, he also sterilized her...just... Simon is going to be a cuck for a while longer, but he's also going to be a whore himself, and his MIL knows about it...and stuff. Like...what? What kind of ending was that? Idk. But I was hoping for a lot more. I did like the whole series though, mostly, so 4* is the lowest I'll go. Just disappointing that I can't say I'd give it a 10 if I could. Also...WTF happened to all the letters Simon wrote with magic ink? Gah. So much talent. Yet I feel like I have narrative blue ovaries.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcomb4 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous ("So, I gave this ..."): Sorry to let you down. I realized quite a long time ago that no ending will ever make every reader happy, but that doesn't keep me from being disappointed when someone feels the story has let them down. Thanks for letting me know your reaction, and good reading to you.

@bear1999: Thanks again for your comments. I have a great fondness for this story, so I'm always happy to encounter readers who feel similarly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Inn Ch. 14 Previous Part
The Inn Series Info

SIMILAR Stories