The Internship Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Josh held her hand, "Aw, I'm happy to do it. But why isn't Dave coming?"

Joyce got a worried look on her face. "Well, Stacey told me she couldn't stand for him to be there. She wanted to say goodbye to him here."

They looked inside the doorway, and they could see Stacey and Dave wrapped in a tight hug. At last, after a long time, they walked out, arm in arm.

Joyce got out of the truck.

"Dave, don't worry! We'll get her all settled."

"Oh, I know, I know. Just seeing her off."

Stacey had red-rimmed eyes, but she was smiling. Dave held her tightly by the shoulders.

"Honey, you'll be fine! Just give it one day and you'll be so busy you won't be thinking about anything else."

She turned and gave him one last hug, whispering, "Bye Daddy."

Joyce helped her get in the truck. It had to be done or she'd never leave.

Stacey sat sort of frozen, unable to look at Dave or her house anymore. She had to get it together! It was time to leave.

"OK," she said, firmly. "I'm ready. Let's go."

As they pulled away, Dave smiled and waved, then walked slowly back to the house.

His first thought was, "I'm selling. Tomorrow." He knew it wasn't the end. He knew she was only three hours away. He knew he'd be speaking to her and seeing her all the time. But still, there was no way in hell he could live in this house without her there.

He and Stacey had had several long talks.

They had decided on a sort of compromise—the same compromise Stacey had dreamed up on their vacation.

Their relationship would not end. Ever. Or, at least as long as they both wanted it.

But she would date, and so would he. Stacey had insisted on that. She hated the thought of him in his house all alone! And if she had to, so did he!

They would date. And if it got serious, they would inform their future partners of the unique, special relationship they had with each other. It was the only way.

As he walked inside, Dave thought about her.

Yes, they had an "unusual" relationship. But one thing was for sure, and that was that Dave knew the world of men. Oh did he know! Fred, Brad, Preston... the viciousness, the bullshit he'd dealt with his whole life. He felt, perhaps, by loving Stacey the way he did, he had protected her. He knew his sweet, beautiful daughter would forever associate the incredible pleasures of sex with being truly loved and cherished by a man. It'd make it a lot harder for any random asshole with a nice cock to come along and mess with her mind. Yes, he had loved her, as well and as fully as he could. She was ready for her own life.

But, still... it was tough saying goodbye...

He walked back inside with a heavy heart, already missing her like crazy.

He pulled out his wallet to look at a picture of Stacey. Then he smiled. He saw a business card.

Hmm... there was something about this woman that made him think she, of all people, could possibly understand.

Perhaps it was time to give Peggy Sanford a call...