The Interview; Number 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Louise69
Louise69
327 Followers

The sun shone down as they walked through Wimbledon. They received a few glances but walked proud and without hesitation or fear. They browsed the shops, tried on some clothes and bought more than they could carry. Molly took Clare to a beauty parlour and they had their nails painted as Molly booked a few electrolysis sessions for Clare and they left with a skip in their step. They saw a film in the cinema, sat outside and ate a light supper as they watched tired commuters scurry by and laughed and chatted and flirted.

Molly thought it the best day of her life and Clare felt the same. She was learning every moment; how to walk, talk, sit, eat and express yourself. Everything was new and she felt like she was being reborn, slowly like a chrysalis.

At the end of their meal, one in which they'd garnered a few looks, Molly put a small box on the table and slid it across to Clare.

"For you," she said and Clare reached out, curious to see what was in the box. She flipped the lid open and saw two rings inside. They matched the engagement and wedding rings that Molly wore and she gave her and nervous smile.

"They'll suit you better than the band you wear," she said and Clare felt tears well in her eyes as Molly reached over and removed her old wedding band, replacing it with rings of glittering diamonds and platinum promises of a life together. Molly kissed the rings gently and then leaned back to admire them.

"Thank you," said Clare and watched as they shimmered in the candle light, turning her hands to admire them. She clasped Molly's hands in her own. "Thank you," she repeated. "For everything you have done." Molly shook her head and kissed her wife, husband, who cares?

"A pleasure," she said. "But we're only just starting. This is everything we could be." Clare grinned.

"Everything we could be," she replied and laughed with sheer delight.

Epilogue.

Nicola admired the rings with a pointed look to Angela.

"What?" she said defensively. Nicola shook her head and gave a mock sad smile.

"She treats me something rotten," she said and laughed as Angela gave her a mock slap over the back of her head. Molly and Clare enjoyed the banter and laughed as they joked for a few more minutes, Nicola playing the spurned lover. Angela eventually called an end to Nicola's whinging and turned to Clare.

"You still haven't explained why you want to work here," she said. "From what you've said, it'll be a while yet before you need to find work, if at all." Molly smiled and turned to Clare, giving her the floor.

"L/J's," she said simply, earning questioning glances from Nicola and Angela. Clare grinned and explained what she meant.

"I needed help and found myself here. You all make a point of supporting and helping people like me. Grace went out of her way to help a stranger. No one had to do that, but you all did. I did some more research and dug a little deeper into Louise and Jade. When Heather said she saved you all, she really meant it." Angela gave a soft, sad smile and reached for Nicola's hand.

"Saved us too," she replied.

"I've read about their charity work," continued Clare and shrugged, an elegant gesture. "I want to be part of that," she said. "I want to be part of change. To show the world that we are all amazing. That every one of us has a voice worth listening to."

"By wearing skin tight dresses and serving drinks?" asked Angela, a wry grin barely concealed.

"Gotta start somewhere," replied Clare and they all laughed at that. They chatted a little while more and then Crystal entered the empty bar and cleared her throat.

"Sorry folks," she said. "Staff meeting in five minutes." Angela gave the married couple an apologetic smile.

"Duty calls," she said and reached out a hand to shake theirs. "Thank you for coming today. Nicola and I will have a chat and then get back to you later today with an answer."

As they left, Nicola turned to Angela and gave a heavy sigh.

"Long day," she said and pulled Angela close to her. "Who do you like?" she asked. Angela shuffled through her notes.

"For me," she replied eventually. "It comes down to Clare and Jenny." Nicola chuckled.

"Poles apart," she replied. "You couldn't get two more different people." Angela shrugged.

"They bring different qualities to the table, but which ones do we need? Grace will be great front of house and Clare has a huge amount of management experience. She could help with the new venture."

"Hire them both," said Nicola. Angela shook her head.

"We only need one right now," she replied. Nicola grimaced.

"Who then?" Angela smiled.

"On three." Nicola rolled her eyes.

"We need to stop making managerial decisions this way." Angela chuckled.

"It's worked so far," she replied and started the countdown.

"One, two, three..."

"Jenny."

"Clare."

They stared at each other for a while.

"Sleep on it?" asked Angela and Nicola shrugged.

"Sure," she said and slid from the booth, taking Angela's hand as they walked from the bar to get to the staff meeting.

"When you say "sleep on it", you really mean, "I'll tease you until you agree to what I want,"" said Nicola as they left the bar.

"Of course," said Angela. "The best decisions are made that way." Nicola shook her head.

"It's manipulation, is what it is," said Nicola and turned off the lights.

Their banter echoed around the empty club as they sauntered to the staff room, L/J's slipping into a quiet kind of stasis, waiting patiently for opening hours when it would roar to life, a beacon to all of those who were different but knew it to be anything but wrong.

The End

Louise69
Louise69
327 Followers