All Comments on 'The Island'

by jezebeldelilah

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Love it.

Need I say more?! Brillantly written.

YornHYornHabout 14 years ago
nice - but,

A nice, somewhat sweet story that gives us "less than 7 inches" a little moral encouragement :-) - but - why did you have Genny actually PROVE that she is just a cheap slut - it was quite unmotivated and the story would have been far better without it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
stupid fucking story

she fucks a guy and hope he will understand WTF...deranged author

kvalentinekvalentineabout 5 years ago
Nonsensical Backstories

*Spoiler Alert*

I got about halfway through this story when I gave up, because I could no longer maintain willful suspension of disbelief.

My biggest issue with this story is that neither of the two main characters' backstories (as far as why they went to the island in the first place) make sense to me. In the case of Genny, floods simply don't work that way. Based on the author's description, there's no way that her house would have been touched by that flood. She was 30 miles away. Floods never go that far, that deep, when you're talking about higher elevation. In the case of Cliff, he would have had a very strong civil lawsuit against those women, especially if he hired the aid of a private investigator to gain proof of their involvement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Couldn’t finish it

I gave up after the first few paragraphs. She finds herself alone & shipwrecked. She doesn’t panic or get emotional. Her first few thoughts are my hair is a mess and thank god I found a comb. Oh and hey where are my pants? She doesn’t seem to worry about anyone else.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous