All Comments on 'The Isle of Avalon'

by Smint100

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
JonATaylorJonATaylorover 11 years ago
Good Story - Well Written

The threesome solution was naughty and gave spice to the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good right up until the Epilogue.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a tale about King Arthur getting someone besides the adulterous Queen Guinevere. I have made conjecture that in this tale, Mordred is either dead or never existed, and Arthur divorced Guinevere for her adultery, and banished both her and Sir Lancelot from Camelot, so that they might live in his Castle by the Lake over in France. Not for naught is he called Lancelot du Lac, after all. So that's one happy ending, so I was hoping to read about King Arthur's. Even after reading this, I still have not.

Firstly, Merlin's own learnedness, or rather, his lack of such when it came to matters mystical and magical, was rather off-putting. Is he or is he not a powerful, mystical, and learned Wizard? I was appreciative of Gaius in this regard.

I was also put off by Merlin having to have sex with Arthur's bride, who was chosen through magic, though it was somewhat alleviated in that it was done only to prevent her Fey nature from overtaking her and killing them both. I was only truly displeased when I found out that her and Merlin coupling was more than a one-time thing.

After all the shit he's gone though, after everything he suffered with Guinevere and Lancelot, and his loneliness after, and having to be a king, he still does not get a happy ending. After all, Avi will get pregnant at some point, and if Merlin's been shagging her all this time, too, who's to say that the child is the King's? His kingdom would fall apart at the scandal, and then we'd have another L'Morte d'Arthur.

Their wish seemed, from me, the reader's point of view, to be for a monogamous, exclusive relationship with a person whom they could open up to, understand, take comfort in, and love, without fear of the other's unfaithfulness tainting their relationship.

Now if it's a continous, 'I have to keep fucking her because her inner fey cannot be permanently suppressed and I will not let it take over Queen Avalon and kill them both,' kindly state so in a longer epilogue or even a comment and have him use her ass, to avoid the possibility of a bastard child and scandal. If it's not, leave him out, because it's enough of a scandal that he's fucked her the one time already.

And do take note: I am happily married. So, that is my bias. The thought of either of the partners of a marriage being unfaithful to one of the others is appalling to me. That is why, though I would otherwise be inclined to like this story, I despise it, and the other comment on this story. That was a terrible ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous