All Comments on 'The Last Shewolf Ch. 01-06'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 6 years ago
Great Start

I am enjoying the buildup and the mystery. Good story, well told.

AstarkAstarkabout 6 years ago

Jeez I was hoping you wouldn’t leave us hanging on with how you ended with Rose. But this is a great start to another story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I'm hooked.

Omg. This was great. I'm on the edge of seat.

gemman1gemman1about 6 years ago
By Luna what a Great Start

this was a great start. I am hanging on for the nest instalment, and it should be interesting.

PerryNormalPerryNormalabout 6 years ago
Bravo!

Another intense beginning! As always, a good read!

simplysub62simplysub62about 6 years ago
Omg

Thank you ...im on the edge of my seat...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story line

Character development✔️✔️✔️

Plot✔️✔️✔️✔️

Tension✅✅✅

Superfluous sex ✖️✖️✖️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
logic flaw

what exactly is gonna stop the alpha from ordering him to tell her it's safe to return when it really isn't? and why the hell are they letting females remain pregnant when they are dying all over the place?

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Nothing is stopping an order to deceive her. Assuming the alpha does go off the deep end. But, seeing the progression of examples, he would have to expect his mate meeting a similar end. The final suggestion she gave knowingly late may be a point of contention because she didn't bring it up sooner.

As to why they didn't abort the pregnancies? Well, they obviously want the children and hope for the best. Is that pragmatic? No. It appears everyone but her and her assistant were preggo so they went from a baby boom to an extinction event in a matter of weeks. No guarantee that aborting wouldn't have begun the fatal hemorrhaging sooner. Still too many unknowns.

Now there easily could be an exposure event with her choice of safe place. Any coming after her or finding her from any pack may try to taker her. How well the club can defend her and themselves is unknown as well. She could use medical help to research the problem. Perhaps she could mask things if she tried a veterinary hospital? Pitch it as a canine problem discovered and maybe they would have clues. Other than that, complete exposure to get CDC assistance could be necessary to solve the problem. Child bearing age female wolves must not get pregnant until they know what to do. But you can almost see it coming that she and or her assistant will end up that way and the race is on for a cure or a slow wait to see if a cure idea works. Both with the specter of death looming nearby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
humor

maybe that biker should meet with Rachel since they have so much in common when it comes to deer........

catman71catman71about 6 years ago
interesting

where does this fit with the other stories

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

catman71,

It appears completely separate from any of his other tales. The basic rules have changed for this 'world' so don't try and relate it to the Were War world or Dominant Species. We just have to go on the rules and conditions as given so far.

This story is a flashback from 28 year prior

Unknown to humans.

No turnings (incompatible dna) so no children and give up wolf and pack for human mate.

True mates (very rare),

choice mates (usual)

forced mates (not uncommon)

Heat was yearly (springtime) after mating bite.

Doc Vivian 29yo (meaning 57 now)

Jessica 18yo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

not sure if you understood my last comment. compare the biker to the she-wolf in saved by my mate.

ThecoffeeprincessThecoffeeprincessabout 6 years ago
Different!

I think I’m going to like this, as has been pointed out It’s different to the other stories. As much as I like your were war tales I’m really looking forward to seeing where this goes. I get the feeling its going to be very gripping and probably quite an emotional roller coaster.

partwolfpartwolfabout 6 years agoAuthor
This is an all new story

And as mentioned it has a much different mythology. The process of going from many to one female will take over a decade, that is why it starts so long ago. All the baby girls have to die as well when they come of age.

There won’t be as much or as explicit sex in this as in some of my other work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sigh

not to sound mean, but that plot is about as much fun as your luna's angel story.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Both the Rachel in Saved by My Mate and Hammer in Last Shewolf sustained antler puncture wounds requiring assistance from characters with medical skills. (Marcus and Vivian) The human and wolf sides were flipped from Saved and partwolf has given no indication of Hammer and Vivian(DeWalt LOL) being anything to one another.

Yes, you could say he recycled that particular wound as a way to introduce the club into the story. Partwolf did lay out the resulting separation from pack and wolf to any who go human. I'll guess something is given to kill the wolf? The resultant person would be a sterile 'human'. If it is just a shunning by Were society then it is still a sterility state because of incompatible DNA. Perhaps a lifetime alpha order so the wolf can never come forward again? Dunno.

The destruction of the Grand Marais pack may foretell other packs suffering the same fate as reproductive competition increases. Dewalt may, by the end, have no pack at all. In addition to possibly being the last shewolf, she may be the last wolf. Imagine the fighting between surviving males ever increasing with attacks on humans also happening. Once that cat is out of the bag there's no reason not getting the CDC involved to attempt saving the species.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

ok can you see anything other than total extinction of the entire were race? they can't turn or impregnate humans and with the plot saying "there can be only one" when it comes to females I see no way of their surviving. seriously I can not see any way of having a viable genetic pool unless they collect eggs from every female were on the planet and this assumes the virus gets destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Damn this is pretty intence

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Figuring out the cause

By Doc's Dad's comment, the cause isn't environmental as this is affecting multiple pregnant weres across a wide geography. That being said, the weres do need to figure out if this is affecting pregnant humans as well. (If yes, then govt health agencies would determine the problem and a solution. Of course, this can't happen because of a) the series name and b) story would be over quickly.)

Assuming it is not affecting humans, Doc can try to isolate the cause by a) seeing if a were can carry a human's baby to term (aka sperm bank) and b) seeing if a were can impregnate a human woman, who then carries the baby to term (again, sperm bank). Additionally, they can see if a surrogate human woman can be persuaded to carry a were baby to term.

But because of the story's name, and partwolf's comment, this is going to be a "were-lamity" where a lot of female weres lose their lives. Sadly.

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Extinction is a possibility, maybe even a certainty. With your 'there can be only one' line I've now got The Highlander theme going through my head.

luv2,

DNA incompatibility won't let any of those ideas happen i think. If it could you might sacrifice human women as well. Whatever it is looks to be very species specific. If it had appeared in humans it would be headline news and she would know about it. As you thought, it likely would be over quickly then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Possible causes

1. A virus that has mutated. It happens all the time. The flue virus has so many strains, the CDC picks the top 2 there think will be the worst each year and develop vaccines for them. Also, the avian bird flu crossed from birds to humans a few years back. So that’s another thought.

2. A government has developed a germ ware fare disease that has escaped. Ok maybe not this one, but still a possibility.

3. A targeted attack on werewolves by an unknown enemy. The disease was engineered to affect only werewolves.

Regardless of the cause, natural or not, now there are the unintended consequences. The rampage, the base instinct of the wolf being unleashed. The abdications. The wholesale slaughter of packs that have females vs those that don’t. The whole werewolf society has now broken down and is at the point of discovery because there is little to no self control left.

And now we return to our regular schedule program...

JAFCritic

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

JAFCritic,

All within the realm of possibility at this point. Partwolf may be teasing us with medical knowledge that would be known to those in that field but goes right over the rest of our heads. The rapid cellular decay with cascading blood loss is bizarre. Something is stopping clotting (attacking the platelets?) as much as inducing decay and detachment. Immune system overreaction? It somehow interprets the connection to a child as a foreign body(infection) and tries to destroy it?

With the breakdown of order, though it sounds like order was always tenuous at best, the baser instinct males are not going to think beyond their dicks. They need to leave the ladies alone every heat until this is figured out. Or it has to be a short straw selection at a sacrifice for study. Not good either way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

possibly some sort of necrosis.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

The descriptions certainly show a necrosis but that is a symptom not a cause.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 6 years ago
This is intense

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Exactly the same

There’s a story on Wattpad with the exact same title and plot word for word I don’t know which of you uploaded first I’m assuming the Wattpad user as the story on there continues and is much longer

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Read this on another site

Really loved the story. Hopefully it wasn't stolen from you since this predates the other.

ausvirgoausvirgoover 4 years ago
Loving it, as usual.

Great story so far, however the raids for females don't make sense - only the mated females are dying, and their mates usually die of grief and even if they didn't they would probably not be interested in mating again for a considerable time.

Hence, the number of available (i.e. unmated) females wouldn't be significantly affected by the Placenta Abrupta epidemic, so there would be no increased pressure to raid other packs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

Brilliant!

What an incredibly tense storyline. Absolutely amazing.

Tess (UK)

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Incredibly good first chapter, starting out gently and ratcheting the pressure and tension up continually after that, I can’t see where you’re going with this, so fingers crossed we don’t get our collective hearts broken along the way….

Good story, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

What a start to the story, but so looking forward to reading the rest of it. Had to smile at some of the typos that spell check didn't catch. No big deal, loved the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES