All Comments on 'The Last Shewolf Ch. 07-11'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sigh

looks like I was right to be worried about the alpha. and looks like her secret might be out also..

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Possibly. Hopefully that shot took the last guy out. She may need that expensive drug back at the other pack or an abortion if it would work and not just kill her quicker.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

partwolf,

Saint Paul HD has a good supply of Buell parts. One of their people posts on badweatherbikers.

Assuming Snake and the boys were able to catch up and shoot the last one they are definitely going to have some questions with one huge dead wolf with his throat ripped out along with the other guy she sliced up. While in FL she can get a carry permit. Then she can keep a loaded pistol on her. I don't know all the ins and outs of the process, I haven't bothered getting one yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Freeze those eggs

I'm guessing the weres currently don't have the equipment, though they do seem to have some money, so why aren't they freezing oocytes? The first successful pregnancy from a frozen oocyte happened in 1986, over 30 years ago, so the technology exists in the timeline of this story.

Since Doc and the other doctors can't seem to prevent the loss of the Mom and her babies, then the next step is to save their eggs. Once that's done, they have the ability to ensure their species continues. Since this disease doesn't seem to affect the male weres, freezing sperm isn't necessary. Once this disease/virus/problem is solved, then the female weres will be able to become pregnant and birth pups.

Yeah - I know my suggestion is going against the storyline, but I'm perplexed why no one is thinking of ensuring were survival. Yes, they're preoccupied with saving the lives of these women and their babies, but some Alphas/Elders need to take the long term view for all the weres.

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A few things that got me wondering

First, I don’t normally read this genre, but I do like what you have done so far. I do have a few questions. Is this a story you wrote some time ago and have updated? I can’t pinpoint why, but something feels ... slightly different time wise. The gulf war was early nineties. Snake was in that war? Wouldn’t that make him around 47 now? There are a few other instances where I get this feelin of time wrongness.

Prior to the chase and rape scene, DeWalt (it stuck with me) hadn’t changed into wolf form for at least one month and probably longer by my count. Shouldn’t she have felt a near overwhelming to shift long before now? You might have come up with a way she could be able to do so without discovery around the club. Or that she is nearly caught in wolf form in her room.

For your consideration; you could have expanded on the day to day issues a little bit with her having to make arrangements for securing her pack’s assets, getting her bike license and buying a bike, gun license and training, making friends with the various club members and their family more. Are the kids on this vacation or with the few members who didn’t travel? Oh, is she the only female club member? Are all the other women family members? I believe that you mentioned in the first part that female werewolves dont engage with the opposite sex for sex per se, but that females do play together. Or did I get that wrong? If not, then what about her having some other playmates?

Returning to the story, one issue I have is that I don’t understand how she would NOT be worried about being abducted by rogues. Given what has happened to werewolf society and her home pack, I’d think that she would be constantly on edge about running into other wolves and thus being on guard for just such an emergency. And if there’s a certain safety in being around humans, why not stay close to the club members until somehow forced outside? Maybe I just missed her rationale for trying escape first.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying the story. I wish you continued success in your writing.

JAFCritic

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

JAFCritic,

At the beginning of the story, partwolf says it is was 28 years ago. Snake tells DeWalt about being in the sandbox last year so that places it about '92 considering the gulf buildup and war was 90-91. Dewalt is 29, Snake 24 at the current part of the timeline. When the story concludes (2020?) she'll be 57 and that would make him 52.

DeWalt would have spent long periods with humans to earn her degrees. It appears, unlike his other stories there isn't an overwhelming need short of life/death to require a shift.

If the ladies have their own bikes they can and probably are members. They can't be members if they are just back seaters.

He didn't specifically say but your probably right that some member(s) are watching everyone's kids back home while they are all in FL.

Partwolf said it was tradition for the women to remain virgins until mated because the new mates usually killed whomever defiled their mate. The women would engage in girl-play and masturbation so DeWalt could have had some lez fun but it would have been before this story began. Perhaps a future flashback? DeWalt had begun banging Matt for entertainment.

DeWalt may have let herself be lulled into a false sense of security. With the club, it had been calm and safe. Happenstance that she and those rogues would be in that restaurant in FL at the same time. I think she just flat out panicked, fight or flight. The human presence could have made them hold back. At least until she and the club left the restaurant.

I'm sure the flipped table of dishes drew everyone's attention with the club following closely after her and the rogues. Someone would have to have stayed and payed the bill and damages or the police will get involved with likely security footage making them look for the rogues as well as Dewalt.

Not sure how they will get rid of the bodies and vehicles. Burn them? Cars in a swamp and bodies feeding gators?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you Oddball

For the comment. I read this story around 1-2 am. One of my children has nightmares and I am often up at night. I wonder if you can look at my thoughts on the first part of the story and left me know what you think.

Much appreciated,

JAFCritic

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Partwolf stated heat and pregnancies don't start until one is mated and then only a springtime thing. So DeWalt may be saved from pregnancy with it being december but she may have a yearly heat cycle to deal with that she didn't before. That may make her even more a target for males to find. I'm not sure of all the rules in this story.

She could have some post traumatic stress being raped and losing her fated mate forever because of it. She will have to work through that.

Jessica may end up in a worse position. She has the alpha making moves, which could in time be more than suggestions. Her protector who likes her may have to be a chosen mate for her before she has no choice but even with that they are known people in a known place i.e. a target. Jessica may need to run with that clotting agent and her protector to save them both. But how would they escape alpha control? It's unknown if DeWalt could be an alpha to them and the club a substitute pack allowing them to flee and hide as well.

The club is going to have to be told the truth about everything. The danger to them is going to increase and they will suffer losses unless they know what's coming. Still may suffer losses with the knowledge but at least it's an informed risk. Dewalt could end up the club mascot. :) Already is in a way. Might end this story with her cut changing and instead of asphalt surgeon it says Club Luna. Maybe Snake will be the president then? Ah, speculation......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

as I said in the last chapter it could be some sort of necrosis. it sounded like the body was breaking down at a cellular level and possibly cellular decay as well. sorry about the highlander theme song going through your head even though the shows plot WAS the reason I put that line in. at least I didn't give you a headache like I did in rose.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

LOL, Don't worry I always loved that song. The movies kept getting weirder each time after the first. Still remember Richard Moll from Night Court being the first bad guy in Highlander the series pilot, "The Gathering" 03 oct 1992. (did have to look up the episode)

The necrosis was definitely in the connective tissue between mother and child. I'm not sure of any wide spread necrosis anywhere else in the ladies. The children on the other hand may have. Given that many were already dead by the time a doctor saw them. The others were too young to survive anyway. Perhaps if they had a hospital's neonatal equipment for premature births they might have saved one?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

I suppose the virus could cause their bodies to reject the placenta like it would an organ transplant rejection. that might cause the body to try to release the placenta despite the child still being there. this could possibly result in necrosis caused by an immune response and lead to massive bleeding as the placenta breaks down at the cellular level as well as suffering cellular decay. just hypothetical since I have no idea if this is medically possible.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Neither do I. Might have to research organ rejection and auto immune response to see if that analogy works. I wonder if there is an element of genetic degradation due to a limited genetic pool and diversity from their cultural practices. If everyone only breeds within a pack, even a few packs, it's just a matter of time until you're all first cousins.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

um oddball if they kill the virus were will become even more inbred since every child will be half-siblings.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Possible. Not something one wants to think too much about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No offense intended

But I think you guys are over thinking about the details. Just relax and the the author tell the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Keep it coming

Please I NEED more

partwolfpartwolfabout 6 years agoAuthor
Next one has been submitted

Allow 1-4 days for approval :).

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

No offense taken Anon. Speculation is a hobby to fill the days between chapters.

You want over thinking? Look at YouTube speculation of Star Wars since The Force Awakens. Of course, Ruin Johnson, JarJar Abrams and KK the Fembot bring it on themselves. LOL

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Lit must have thought your approval timing estimate was optimistic. I think things are going to get slower as sites react to changes I heard about the other day. Depressing really, but i bet they're going over every story with a fine tooth comb to avoid liability.

I really hope you've gotten more chapters into the queue already. We may have seen the last of 3 day or less chapter gaps. :(

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 6 years ago
Intense Chapter

That was a pretty intense chapter. I was impressed that she was able to take one of them out like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I love this story

I love it <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
numbers

Great stories 4 th or 5th set i read but why cant u number the chapters 1,2,3,... like everyone else ? By 5s ok but by 6. Or some random thing ? Come on now LOL 🤔 really

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Didn't realize I was holding my breath until the shot rang out. Not the way I wish it had gone, but then I'm all for happy endings so just hope we get to one.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why do people in this kind of stories always head into a deserted area when pursued? Stick in the largest crowd you can find, find some cops.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES