All Comments on 'The Last Shewolf Ch. 63-69'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
Better & Better

Great chapter. Mitch has been worrying me for a while now. He's going to be a problem. His stalkerish behavior is troublesome. I hope nobody important gets hurt before he's taken care of.

Keep up the good work!

RheamistressRheamistressalmost 6 years ago

ADAM... LOL.. I think most of us saw that one coming... But there is still the question of Mitch... Will he take the hint and never come around again??? My guess is... NO..Stalkers seldom give up until they are put down..

As far as the two fated mates.... Neither comes from alpha stock. So this should be interesting to see just how the rest of the packs take to them. What will happen when those two mate? When there be an instant change or a gradual one? Will there still be those who crave the power instead of the redemption?

Great story. Keep the ball rolling, darlin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Luna's judgment

Luna is a bit of a misogynist. It's the were women that died, while the were men that commit the kidnappings and forced matings live. Yes, I know the "last shewolf" wouldn't exist otherwise and I know that were women also didn't follow Luna's ways, but it seems unfair to punish only one gender. (Luna could have made the were men who committed these crimes infertile.)

I think Eve bonded with Mitch because he's the only person who treated her as a real person, not the "porcelain princess". Gabriel and Snake's well-intentioned overprotectiveness of Eve overwhelmed her, driving her away.

I still like Doc Meghan-Mitch as a couple because both are OK with weres, and if Snake is going to be club president, then the club needs another cook. Of course, Mitch must get over his besottedness with Eve.

Eve is the only shewolf, so how will the population recover with only one female? Granted, Eve can have daughters, but the males will have to wait another 18 years before they're old enough to mate, etc. etc. It'll take a long time for the population to recover unless Luna also allows were males to turn willing human females and have them give birth to were pups.

It's prophetic and "full circle" that Eve's mate (of course, "Adam") is a member of her parents' old pack. If only the Alpha hadn't destroyed their pack, Eve would have found her mate a long time ago (and less weres would have died).

Bit bummed that Adam isn't willing to talk to Eve before judging her for Mitch's smell. He's shown himself to be a considerate wolf, so why isn't he eager/willing to hear her side of the story before dismissing her? Adam, just like Eve, needs to listen more to his wolf.

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68almost 6 years ago

Luv2,

I think Partwolf stated once that the most cruel way he think of to kill as a curse was dying in childbirth and went from there. You may find more satisfying things in future parts.

Your 2nd point, accurate. She reached the age to want freedom from the protection net and attention from a guy she's never had. Without having had examples she just couldn't fully understand the pull. She does now.

3rd point, you'll have to wait to read their fates. After everything, there is no way he would be allowed around Meghan either.

4th point, time and biology are an enormous hurdle. The birth rate will have to be higher than the limited examples given at the beginning of the story. 1 child at a time won't do. Even a yearly litter will be decades to see returns. That steps onto another cruelty if you will. How would you like to be mated to someone 30+ years your senior? Genetic diversity becomes a huge problem because her children can't be all girls and you know where that has to ultimately go as well.

5th point, Adam was the perfect name given the biblical influence of naming in this story and circular coming from that pack. He could have been delivered by Vivian and Meghan. We don't know, but it adds to the circularity.

Lastly, Adam reacted as the author stated mates did when smelling someone else had been with his. He didn't kill him offhand but did feel betrayed. You'll have to wait for the next part to see how it goes for them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A shame...

that Mitch turned out to be a stalkery creep. Would have been more dramatic and emotional if she had to chose between 2 perfectly good guys. One of destiny and duty, the other of choice and freedom.

Enjoying the story though!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Married name?

If (When) they marry in the human world and if they hyphenate their name will it be Hardigan-Johnson, or Johnson-Hardigan?

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

So Mitch is a stalker

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Another monkey wrench in the works, another another set back, another twist and turn, don't know how much more of this I can take. Just when I think things are going well, crap happens. We now have Adam and Eve, but there is still Mitch lurking in the back, so what problems will he cause. Guess I'll have to read further and find out.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Those knight are assholes. Disabling Adam even if he hadn't done anything might be somewhat justifiable in a paranoid world, but hitting him in the head when he was already helpless and just wanted to talk, nope, no way you act like that. A little harder and the knights would have been the ones that made it impossible for the curse to be lifted.

Mitch may be a creep, but he also saved Eve and a bunch of other people by taking out several of the attackers so I hope he'll be OK.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES