All Comments on 'The Last Shewolf Ch. 70-76'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
Another Good Installment

Looks like the story is winding down. One thing I like about your work is that you've got good, clear story arcs.

Mitch's decline and end was a little tragic and abrupt, though. It probably could have had more foreshadowing, but I understand why it didn't. A few chapters ago you probably weren't sure where Mitch's storyline was going, so you weren't able to properly foreshadow his failing grasp on reality or his declining health. No matter, I thought it was a good solution to the Mitch problem.

I'm looking forward to the next installment and hearing about Adam & Eve's ascension to Supreme Alpha Couple. I'm not telling you what to do, I just don't see any other possible outcome. I do like surprises, though. The other loose end is how in the world they can be expected to revive their species with only one female. Gaining the ability to turn humans is the obvious answer, but again, I'm willing to be surprised.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tantalizing conundrums

Serendipity that Mia and Snake fell for each other at first sight, and I especially love Meghan's err, "explanation" of his nickname. And a yay! for human Adam, that he decided to listen to his wolf and start fresh with Eve.

I'm sad that Mitchell lost his life to (apparently) PTSD and opioid addiction, which resulted in his stalker obsession with Eve.

Doc Meghan and Abaddon are a good match - and Abaddon's right, she'd make a great werewolf, if it were possible. I too wish I could wake up in the mornings on a large, warm, furry pillow - but only in winter :-)

Still wonder how the were population will recover, if the only females for all the were males will be Eve's descendants. I'd imagine the population would decrease too quickly to sustain the race. Also, I don't think all the current were males like the idea of remaining single for the rest of their lives, waiting (at least) a generation or two to mate, or marrying a human female.

Regarding the pack link being eliminated, that's strange. Does that mean there are currently no Alphas? Eve and Adam show no signs of becoming Alphas, so does that mean all the weres are in a holding pattern until Luna comes back in another vision to explain how to move forward?

OK, educated guess - what if Gabriel decides to pledge Alpha allegiance to Eve and Adam? If that link forms, then that creates one pack - but how additional packs would be formed, I dunno. As to the other issue I raised, what if Abaddon and Meghan similarly pledge Alpha allegiance to Adam and Eve? That might result in Meghan conceiving a half-were pup, and providing a solution to the declining were population. Meghan's pups would prove were men could marry humans and have half-were children, eventually leading to a "new" were population as weres, humans, and half-weres mate and have pups.

I believe weres need to be in packs otherwise they can easily go rogue. And I can't imagine were packs without links. Why? I suppose weres could rely on verbal communication and hand, er, paw signals, but that would make hunting as a team really difficult.

The single best thing about this story? I now know what to do if two wolves are at it, hot and heavy - garden hose! LOL

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68almost 6 years ago

Luv2 and ZZChromosome,

I thought it more likely that Mitch's cancer had unknowingly spread. A brain tumor might have resulted in madness and an aneurism?

Eve is it. Poor girl could end up the Were easy bake oven. LOL

The lack of pack links is a new condition for partwolf's stories. I'm sure those ideas will be thought of but have to see how successful they are. Adaptation has been the name of the game since the start of this story.

ironmoose007ironmoose007almost 6 years ago
More?

That was a cliff hanger.. man I cannot wait until the next chapter. Keep this story line going.. Thank you for great story telling.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
Response to Oddball

Regarding Mitch's demise, I think that's a likely explanation - some kind of cancer relapse or even undiagnosed damage from an IED. Sometimes people suffer fractured skulls in accidents & the like in which the brain fluid leaks out through the nasal passages. Or a new tumor might have done it.

As far as forming new packs is concerned, I'm sure Luna has a plan for it. The whole story's premise has been built on the idea that the werewolves' might-makes-right political and mating dynamic had become poisonous to their society. So it would not surprise me if Luna had a new plan for selecting new Alphas - starting with Adam & Eve.

I think we'll also see a new mating dynamic sans forced matings. I also think that we'll see wolves able to mate with and convert vanilla humans. Mathematically, there's no other way. We'll see how Partwolf decides to handle it.

On the other (and kinkier) hand, Partwolf might decide to delve into another genre entirely and simply convert half the existing werewolves into females - starting with the most chauvinistic males first, lol. What about it, Partwolf, ready to entertain us with some transgender forced-feminization werewolf drama?

OddBall68OddBall68almost 6 years ago

ZZchromosome,

LOL, forced fem Were X-change? No offense intended to any ladies reading but could you imagine the uber-bitches some of those a-holes would become? So then your left with just the good guys. How would they do it? Draw straws? Ooops, looks like the top guys have to take one for the team. Gabriel, your now Gabrielle or Gabriella. Michael is Michelle and Abaddon? we'll just call her Abby Donna. roflmfao

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
Alternate Ending Perhaps?

"could you imagine the uber-bitches some of those a-holes would become?"

Well yeah, isn't that the point? Don't some of these man-beyatches deserve to be run down and given a taste of their own medicine? Taste... "medicine"... get it?

If nothing else, Partwolf should do an alternate spoof ending for our amusement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
oddball

hate to say it, but unless something unusual happens eve will be nothing but a wolf broodmare whose sole purpose will be to pump out babies nonstop for the rest of her life. oh yeah any male children will be worthless for saving their race since they will never have a mate. eve and her female offspring will also pretty much live in a silk prison since it will be too dangerous for them to ever go anywhere by themselves.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 6 years ago

Anon,

You'll have to wait and see. (or check on wattpad)

I've had a little fun with the comments because I pondered some of these same ideas much earlier in the story. I starting thinking pure numbers. Say a litter of 6 every year for 30 years. (180 kids maximum) She would be doing it alone for 18 years. At that point she would have had 108 kids when the first 6 would join the breeding pool.

Lets just say when i ran this idea past female relatives I was threatened with Negan's bat. LOL

RheamistressRheamistressalmost 6 years ago

Good so far, Partwolf.... Mitchell came to an end that would have happened either way. Death was his only way out. Now, as for the Knights? I suspect Luna may just have a surprise that will make them happy. As for Adam... He was never from Alpha stock. He will have to prove himself in order to attain that alpha link. So when and what can we expect in the future chapters? I suspect also, that the old rule of humans not being able to turn just may disappear as well... I don't know If I an spot on with all this speculation... I did want to mention... that you caught me completely off guard with the Knights losing their link, Period... I didn't see that one. Always a good idea to catch people with a curved ball.. Great chapters, Darlin'. Looking forward to you next set.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

The problem with Michel didn't end the way I thought it would, but nicely played. No blood or throat ripping, just dropping dead. Just wondering how many years it would take before there are enough female werewolves to go around?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES