The Light Side of Death

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WilBeLes
WilBeLes
167 Followers

'Thank you very much, i would appreciate it and i would like to pay for our stay if you don't mind. I do have some cash on me.' I said trying to be nice.

Angela just looked at me funny and grabbed my hand following Jane up the stairs.

'What? I was just trying to be nice, i like these people. They are being so friendly to us.' I said smiling.

James and char main just laughed at me. The boys were checking out the two of us in a hungry manly manner. I would guess them to be in their late teens and their sister maybe in her early twenties.

While they went on with their own business we followed Jane up the stairs to the second floor.

'So Jane, how long have you guys been busy with this place?' Angela asked her out of curiosity.

'Oh we have been busy here for about a week now. We want it to be a safe haven for travellers like you. Those zombies in the lobby were from last night's attack. The lights lure them here, so we are trying to get the electric fence running again.' She said walking through a door to the second floor.

'That's very courageous of you and your family to do this.' i said looking around the hallway.

'Yes well, we want to turn this whole town into a safe haven. There is everything here any person would need to make a living. What is the number on your room key?' Jane asked turning her head.

Angela looked at the tag on the key.

'It says number fourteen.' Angela replied.

'This is it, you will see that we have already cleaned and fixed every room in the hotel. The phone lines do work so if you need anything just give us a call. We will be busy fixing up the lobby today.' She said turning around toward the stairs.

'Thank you Jane.' I said watching her leave.

Angela opened the door to our room and smacked me on my arm.

'Ouch! What was that for?' I asked rubbing my arm.

'That was for checking her out.' Angela said smiling at me.

'At least i didn't touch; i know that i already have the most perfect woman in my life.' I said trying to sweet talk my way out of trouble.

'You are such a sweet talker, you know that?' Angela said wrapping her arms around my neck kissing me while dragging me into the room and kicking the door closed behind us.

We spent the next half hour just washing off in the shower in turns. It felt like everything we faced the past few days flowed down the drain like dirt. The next twenty minutes we were talking about the next route to take from here while getting dressed.

Chapter three

It was already dark outside. Angela and i walked out the room down the hall toward the stairs when we heard gun shots from the lobby. We both looked at each other and prepared our weapons. We rushed through the door and down the stairs. We slowed down at the bottom of the stairs into a battle between human and zombie. Raising our guns we shot at the zombies helping the family that was so nice to us.

One by one the zombies fell to the floor. The family and Kenny stopped what they were doing and watched us. Angela and i walked side by side toward the lobby door shooting down every zombie that we could see. Just outside the door i noticed zombies clambering all over my hummer. Angela was shooting at zombies coming in from our sides.

'Oh no you don't, get off my hummer you scums.' I said shooting each of them in the head.

When we stopped firing all the zombies was down; neither one moving an inch.

'That was fun. Can we do that again?' Angela said turning toward me.

We turned around to find the whole family and Kenny standing at the door watching the two of us with their jaws gaping.

'My girl, I'll do that again with you by my side any day.' I said kissing her on the lips.

'It looked like you guys could have used some help?' Angela and i said at the same time seeing the look on their faces.

'Wow! Dad can we marry these woman?' The two boys exclaimed jaws still gaping.

'No you may not.' James said smiling.

'Thank you for the help girls.' Charmaine said not knowing what else to do but stare at our handy work.

'Yes thank you very much.' Jane said stepping forward, cocking her shotgun and shooting a zombie that came running from the other side of the hummer.

Angela and i just ducked pointing our guns at it as it fell to the ground right in front of us.

It grabbed my right ankle then Angela and i stuck our guns to its head and shot its head clean off. The zombie laid there lifeless. Angela and i both stood up looking at the dents we shot in the armour of the hummer.

'At least it's armoured. Can you remember if we closed the sunroof Charlie?' Angela said scratching her head.

'I can't remember, no. I will check quickly.' I said getting onto the bonnet.

'It's open; I'll just pop my head in there.' I said standing on the roof looking down at the gaping dark whole staring back at me.

'Are you nuts Charlie? Give me the car keys so i can open the door.' She said standing with her hands on her hips.

I dug in my one pocket for the keys and tossed it down to her. Angela caught the keys in mid-air and unlocked the door.

'On three.' She said watching me.

'One. Two. Three.' I said.

As i popped my head down the sunroof and Angela opened the door, something grabbed me from beneath my head. I felt around feeling my hands grip around a throat. I gripped as hard as i could and got up to my feet dragging a zombie with me. I stood on the roof holding a zombie over the edge of the roof. Angela scanned the inside of the hummer and found nothing more.

I stood there for a few seconds holding this monster in mid-air just looking at it. At that moment what could have happened if we didn't check the vehicle ran through my mind. This evil cannibalistic thing could have killed one of us. I lifted up my other hand pointing a machine gun between its eyes and pulled the trigger.

Angela closed the sunroof and removed her head from the vehicle.

'Are you okay Charlie?' She asked me watching me still holding the body in my hand.

'Yes I'm okay girl.' I said snapping out of my trance and dropping the body to the ground.

As i got off the roof Angela walked over to the family still frozen in awe.

'Are you guys alright? Anyone get hurt?' She asked them resting her pistols in their holsters.

I stood next to her and waited for them to answer her.

'Sure we are all alright. You two ladies sure seem to know what you are doing and you sure are very strong for such a small woman?' James asked nodding his head toward me.

'Yeah well we have learnt a lot in the last few days and i do body building. Keeps me fit and on my toes, you know.' I said not wanting to scare them with me being infected.

'Body building, oh i get it now. Yes a person has to keep themselves fit. I think the last six months has taught us all a lot about surviving.' Charmaine said trying to take in what she saw.

'Well folks, we really have to be on our way now. Thanks for everything.' Angela said shaking their hands and went to the vehicle.

'Yes thank you for everything. I'm sure that we will see each other again one day.' I said shaking their hands as well then turning toward the vehicle.

'Yes and thank you for the help. Please do come visit us again?' James said waving at us as we drove off.

'My gosh girl, i forgot for a moment there about not scaring people with my powers.' I said looking back at them in the rear-view mirror as the boys was mimicking our movements.

'Yes that was way to close baby.' Angela said looking out the window and putting her hand on my leg while i drove.

'Girl, can i ask you a question?' I said looking at her briefly.

'Sure baby, ask away.' She said turning her head toward me.

'Why do i get the feeling that you knew there was a zombie in the vehicle?' I asked her with a quizzical look on my face.

'Because i did know baby, i saw it happen when we came down the stairs from our room.' Angela said to me without registering what she just had said.

I sat for moment thinking about the stairs. There was no why she could have seen anything or anyone near the hummer from anywhere on the stairs. Angela was developing powers like i did. That is why she is looking so ill all of a sudden. The same thing happened to me when my powers first started developing. It drains your energy at first but once the powers settle into your body and your body gets used to it you get stronger.

I stopped the vehicle next to the road and crawled through to the back to look for two milo chocolate bars a sneaked into the trolley without Angela noticing. I grabbed them and went back to my seat and driving off.

'Would you like a snack girl?' I asked her handing her a chocolate.

'Thank you baby. I don't know what's wrong with me all of a sudden. I just feel so drained of all my energy.' She said opening the wrapper and taking a bite of the chocolate bar.

'I know what you're feeling right now girl. I felt the same way when i started to change into what i am now.' I said dropping her a hint and opening my chocolate bar.

Back at the hotel when we saw the fight between the living and the dead; everything seemed to go in slow motion for me. I shot every single one of them once in the head without missing one shot and i noticed the same happen to Angela.

'Would you like to have the other half of my chocolate?' I asked her handing her my last piece.

When she didn't answer me i looked at her and saw that she was fast asleep, which i expected to happen. I enclosed the last bit of my chocolate in the wrapper and put it in the cabriole. I then leaned over Angela, pulled her seatbelt over her and reclined the back rest. I stuck my arm behind my seat, grabbed a blanket from the back seat and covered Angela with it.

I spent the rest of the night through to the next morning driving. I decided to pull off next to the road to rest.

I was busy heating water on the small gas stove and preparing two cups for coffee when i heard a yell from the vehicle. Instincts racing to the surface i grabbed my guns over my shoulder turning to the vehicle. I opened the passenger door just to find Angela with a blank look on her face.

'Baby what did you say to me last night before i fell asleep?' Angela asked me turning in the seat to look at me.

'I said that i felt the same way when i started to change.' I answered her pulling my guns back over my shoulders.

'Change into what precisely?' She asked sounding very urgent.

'Change into what i am now, why?' I said.

'Did you know that i was going to develop powers like you have?' She asked me getting out of the vehicle.

'No i didn't know that you were going to change. Remember i created an anti-virus using my own blood to save people from certain death.' I said turning to put the boiling water off.

I stood there pouring the water into the cups then stirring the coffee.

'Oh good, for a moment there i was beginning to think that the anti-virus you created didn't work.' She said sitting down on the ground trying to think.

I handed her a cup of coffee and sat next to her taking a sip of my coffee. I just put my cup down to light a cigarette when a group of zombies came rushing toward us from the trees in front of us. Next i knew Angela shot to her feet after putting her coffee down.

'Not now, can't you freaks see i am thinking?' She said with anger in her eyes pushing her right hand forward toward them and blasting them back into the trees with an invisible force.

Angela stood there frozen for a while then grabbed her pistols from her sides and shot each of them in the head before i could even get to my feet.

'Don't overdo it girl.' I said standing next to her taking a drag from my cigarette.

Angela turned to me not knowing what just happened. I helped her sit down and handed her, her coffee.

I stood up going to the vehicle grabbing the chocolate in the cabriole and handing it to her.

'Here girl, you are going to need this in a few seconds.' I said sitting down taking my coffee in my hand.

'What just happened?' She finally asked me after drinking all of her coffee and scoffing the chocolate.

'That my dear Angela was telekinesis. Your emotions caused you to have an outbreak of pure energy.' I said finishing my coffee throwing my cigarette butt away.

'I think i need a smoke Charlie.' She said digging in her pants pocket for her smokes and lighting one.

'My girl, all you have to do is relax and try to focus your thoughts on your powers. I am going to teach you how to meditate right now.' I said facing her while crossing my legs and resting my arms on my legs.

'You are going to teach me now.' She said rather than asking.

'Yes, so cross your legs relax your arms and take a deep breath. Finish your smoke first.' I said taking a deep breath.

'Okay so what am i supposed to do after this?' Angela asked throwing her cigarette butt and doing what i said.

'Now you breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. That will slow your heart rate. Now you got to close your eyes, concentrate and listen to my voice. You have to try and visualise everything i tell you. If it will be easier for you, you can hold my hands then i will show you.' I said to Angela as she did what i said.

Angela and i sat there facing each other crossed legged, arms resting on our legs, eyes closed and taking deep breaths.

'Visualise yourself walking on a road. There is no-one anywhere to bother you. You are safe and relaxed. The road you are walking on is leading you to your brain.' I sat there watching Angela intently.

Angela tried to concentrate on this road but she couldn't so she grabbed my hands in hers. She wanted me to show her. I closed my eyes and visualised myself walking next to Angela on her road to freedom from herself.

Angela was lost inside her own mind. I appeared next to her on her road. She looked at me in confusion and question. I just stuck out my hand toward her. I spoke to her not even moving my lips.

"Angela just relax and trust me. I will never put you in harm's way. Take my hand." I said to her standing next to her.

"I do trust you Charlie. I just don't want to do this alone." She answered me using her minds voice as well.

"I will go with you as far as i can." I said as Angela took my hand.

I walked with Angela to the end of her road into a tunnel filled with electricity. We were both floating now with our legs crossed. She still held my hand.

"What is this place?" Angela asked me looking around.

"This my dear... is your brain." I said looking at her.

Angela and i held still in front of a huge round room just like i did. She saw someone standing in the middle of this room. It was calling to her.

"Angela i can't go in there with you. This is a piece of the road you have to do on your own." I said releasing her hand.

Angela released my hand just looking at me unsure of what is going to happen to her.

"Everything is going to be okay. I will wait here for you."

Angela looked in front of her at this person calling to her. The person turned around just as Angela stood still behind her. Angela was now facing herself. What happened to me happened to Angela exactly the same way.

I stood there watching as their hands touched and suddenly a bright light burst from both of them consuming them. Angela walked alone out of the light toward me. She took my hand and followed me on the road back.

Angela and i opened our eyes and found ourselves floating several feet from the ground. We looked into each other's white glowing eyes, still holding each other's hands. We straightened our legs and lowered to the ground to our feet.

'Wow Charlie, this feels so amazing.' Angela said as the white light in our eyes disappeared into our pupils.

'Yes it is. It didn't take you as long as it took me though, which is a good thing.' I said wrapping my arms around her.

'I can feel the power flowing inside of me Charlie. It is like having electricity in my veins.' She said kissing me hard with hunger on my lips.

'Do you know what you just faced in there?' I asked her out of curiosity.

'I faced myself.' She said hugging me tightly against her body.

'Yes, that was all your fears manifested into a representative of yourself. You just turned your worst fears into your greatest weapon.' I said still holding her.

'I don't feel any fear anymore, i feel great; better than i ever felt before.' She said breaking the hug.

'I'm happy you feel better now. Guess what my love?' I asked her packing everything back in the hummer.

'What is it Charlie?' she asked me following me to the back of the vehicle.

I locked up the back, grabbed her hand and lead her to the front of the hummer facing the town a few miles in front of us.

'You get to see Sarah sooner than you think. I took a short cut through a few farms last night while you were sleeping, saving us a whole day of traveling.' I said releasing her hand.

'Oh you sure are the most amazing woman i have ever meat.' Angela said throwing her arms around my neck pulling me into a kiss.

'Oh it was nothing. I just love to see you happy.' I said kissing her again.

'You are so sweet, you know that? You drove through the whole night just for me. I love you Charlie.' She said putting her hand on my check.

'I love you too Angela.' It felt so good saying those words.

She dragged me to the door on the passenger side and opened the door.

'You can relax for a while. I will drive the rest of the way.' She said holding her hand out helping me into the hummer.

'Oh you are such a gentleman.' I said in a girlish manner grabbing her hand.

Angela just laughed and walked around to the driver's side. She got in started the hummer and spun off with a speed in a hurry to see her daughter.

In twenty minutes we were in a small town named Ravens Rest. It was barricaded all around with cement barriers. There were men standing at every entrance of the town carrying machine guns.

The town still seemed empty.

'Welcome to Ravens Rest baby.' Angela said driving slowly through the town to the other end.

'It looks like this town was pretty well off before people started disappearing.' I said looking at the few people watching us.

'We all tried our best to protect the town and its people. We were doing fine until that doctor arrived, our people just started disappearing. We tried getting them back but failed.' Angela drove even slower passing the hospital.

The hospital looked abandoned. It had electric fence all around it sectioning it off from the whole town. The grounds were full of zombies. I saw a silhouette of a man standing at a huge office window overlooking the hospital grounds.

'What are you thinking mark?' I asked mumbling to myself.

'What did you say Charlie?' Angela asked me.

'Remember i told you before that i know who this guy is?' I asked her.

'Yes i remember. You also said that you know what he is doing but you never said what it is or what his name is.' Angela said diving away from the hospital toward the suburbs.

'His name is mark; he worked with me on this so called cure. He is also the one that got me fired before i could stop them from injecting everyone with this poison.' I said with anger in my voice.

'Okay so he is accountable for ruining all of our lives.' Angela said pulling into a driveway of a neat little house.

'He is trying to create his own army of super soldiers. The madness went straight to his fucking head, if you ask me.' I said crunching my hands into fists.

'Well, we will get him later. Right now i want you to meet my daughter.' Angel said getting out of the hummer.

I followed Angela to the front door of the house. As soon as she opened the door a petite young girl jumped into her embrace crying and kissing her mom all over her face.

I stood there admiring their love for each other. I suddenly missed hugging my own mother like that. A short old lady came out of the kitchen to greet Angela. She stopped when she saw me. She looked me up and down then shrugged.

WilBeLes
WilBeLes
167 Followers