The Light Side of Death

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stood there still speechless looking around then it me, what she was actually saying.

'Girl, are you saying what i think you are saying? You want me to stay here with you and Sarah.' I asked leaning against a table.

'I am asking you to marry me... Charlene.' Angela said standing between my legs wrapping her arms around my neck.

Angela stuck her one hand in a pocket of her pants and removed it revealing a white gold men's ring with a little black stone in the middle. She looked me in the eyes as she put the ring on my left hand ring finger.

'I... Wow... Good god woman do you have any idea what you do to me. For truly the first time in my life i am happy.' I said giving Angela a kiss.

'It was my grandfather's wedding ring. I have been saving it for the day i truly have met my one true love. I know now that my one true love is you Charlie.' Angela said kissing me.

I looked Angela in the eye and grabbed for a chain around my neck. Hanging on it was my mother's wedding ring and my late fiancé's engagement ring. I took off my mother's ring and placed it on Angela's left hand ring finger. It was a thin platinum ring with a thin ruby in it.

'This was my birth mothers wedding ring. My father gave it to me when i turned sixteen. Yes i will marry you Angela.'

Angela and i stood there embraced in each other's arms for a while, almost forgetting about the war we are facing. We went upstairs, closed the basement and checked up on Sarah in her room. Sarah fell asleep while drawing a picture of the three of us having a picnic in a park by the looks of it. We looked a bit closer at the drawing and saw rings on Angela's and my fingers. She is a very good artist.

'Do you know what my love; i think Sarah knows something about our future we don't know yet. She has a gift. I saw when i talked to her this morning. I put my hands on her shoulders and suddenly i caught a glimpse of the future as if she wanted me to see it.' I whispered in Angela's ear before picking Sarah up from the floor and putting her on her bed.

'I know she has the gift of seeing the future. She is the one that told me that i will bring my true love home during a war between the living and the dead a year ago. I didn't want to believe her but then i met you.' Angela said sitting next to Sarah on the bed while i sat on Sarah's other side.

We sat there just looking at Sarah then got up and went to the kitchen hand in hand. We needed to figure out how we were going to stop mark and we needed a lot of help to do it.

Angela stayed at home while i went to talk to the town's folk that were left. I made sure that misses 'j' wasn't told of anything we all planned. The plans were set and already in motion. Those that were strong enough were getting themselves ready for one epic battle. The weaker of us would stay at a safe place of my choice looking after the children.

One of the men i talked to, told me about a bunker built under the town. It was big enough to fit all the towns' people in it and it was stocked with food and water for at least a month. He took me down there to check it out before we continued with our plans. The bunker was built after the first tornado hit this little town ten years ago and has never even been used once. No-one knows about the bunker except for the one person asked to keep it stocked.

On my walk back home i was checking out the perimeter around the hospital being careful not to be seen. I knew Johnny was in that hospital still alive. I knew mark and misses 'j' is his grandparents. I know that he wasn't the person that they wanted him to be; the people that they are.

Walking up the street away from the hospital i could feel that someone was following me. I kept to my normal walking speed. Instead of turning right at the next block i turned left leading this person away from my family. In front of me i saw an open field covered with grass as tall as i am and a wall all around it with a rusty black gate. I slipped in through the gate quickly and stood behind the wall waiting with my knife in my hand. As a man walked through the gate i grabbed him from behind shoving him into the wall with my knife at his throat.

'Charlie it's me Johnny.' He said with a raspy voice.

'Johnny what the hell is you doing?' I asked releasing him.

'I had to speak to you; i slipped away through a sewer tunnel.' He said grasping at his throat.

'What is mark up to in that hospital Johnny?' I asked him crossing my arms.

'This goes much higher than you think. There are world leaders involved in this. He is working for them. If you take him out, you take away their only scientist but he also has his own agenda. He has sent an assassin to kill those leaders. He knows about your blood. He is going to use your blood for his army and himself. You can get into the hospital unseen through the tunnel i use to get out.' Johnny gave me a piece of paper with the location of the tunnel.

'Thank you Johnny. Be careful back there. He will kill you if he suspects anything.' I said walking out the gate leaving Johnny to his own mercy.

I walked home on my own time with my hands in my pockets thinking about everything that has happened in the last six days. I was so tired of fighting. I just want this all to stop. After what Johnny told me a few minutes ago, i don't think that this death is ever going to stop. Not if we all stand together and stop it ourselves.

It was turning dark all around me. I looked up and noticed that i have passed the house two blocks ago. I was so stuck in my own thoughts that i didn't even pay attention. I turned around and walked back toward the house looking at my feet. I suddenly saw someone's feet in front of me and looked up startled by this person.

'Oh good evening misses 'j'.' I said to her removing my hands from my pockets feeling a slight since of danger creeping up on me.

'Good evening my dear. What are you doing out so late?' She asked noticing my guns over my shoulders.

'Oh i was just patrolling the streets ma'am.' I looked her in the eyes lying to her.

I scratched at my lower back feeling the machine pistol i took off the table in the basement before i left earlier. It was safely nestled in a strap around my waist. No-one could really notice the gun because it was hidden in the nook of my back. One of the many perks of having a back formed like my mother's was. I could stand with my back flat against a wall and still fit my whole fist between the wall and my back.

I revealed my empty hand noticing that she was watching my hands like a hawk.

'That's good my dear, someone has to keep us all safe.' She said to me standing aside.

'Yes misses 'j', i believe that this is a time for us all to stand together and fight this evil.' I said walking past her.

'That is very true my dear. Have a great evening and send my greetings to Angela and Sarah for me.' She said looking at me as i passed her.

'I will misses 'j'. Have a great evening.' I said watching the road in front of me.

I could feel the evil grin growing on the woman's face behind me. I turned my head her way, she wasn't there anymore. I stopped and looked around then spotted her on the other side of the road walking the same direction to her house. She was walking on the dark side of the street when the lights came on. Walking in the light on my side watching her i could have sworn that she changed shape in the dark. Maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me.

Then i remembered the other woman from a few days ago charging me and still living after i shot her in the head. The virus changed some people into something else. They looked normal and could talk like normal but they weren't normal at all.

As i walked into the gate up to the front door Angela stood by the door waiting for me with her arms crossed and her face looking serious.

'Do you have any idea what time it is Charlie?' Angela asked me with her serious face suddenly turning to worry.

'I'm sorry sweetie. I was trying to organise a few things then i ran into a couple of people on my way home.' I said wrapping my arms around her waist.

Angela wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into the house kicking the door closed behind us. Pushing me against the door she kissed me with a farce hunger.

'Sarah is sleeping. She already had her bath and her dinner.' Angela said to me between kisses.

I picked Angela up in one sweep. She wrapped her legs around my waist. I walked to the bedroom with her in my arms trying to see where i am going with her kissing my face all over. I played her gently down on the bed kissing her with intense urgency. She still had her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck. I could feel her body heat getting warmer against my own.

I could feel my own body warm up. I started undoing Angela's shirt buttons and the button and zipper of her jeans. I reached around my back and felt that she had no shoes on her feet. She started giggling when i felt her feet. Angela looked me in the eyes and pulled my shirt off over my head then undid my jeans. I stood up kicking off my boots and picked her up into my arms.

I walked with her in my arms to the shower looking into her eyes. I pushed her against the wall next to the shower kissing her. I stuck my arm in the shower feeling around for the nobs and let the water run for a bit to get warm.

'Charlie what are you doing?' Angela asked me confused.

'Sweetie i haven't had a decant shower in almost a day. I want to be clean when i make love to you.' I said kissing her while taking off her shirt.

I stood there for a moment admiring Angela in just her open jeans and her red lace bra. She looked so good i couldn't help but lick my lips.

Angela just smiled and bent down taking off my jeans in a slow movement without breaking our stare. I looked into Angela's eyes noticing a devilish smile on her lips. She traced her eyes down my body taking in all of me then held her eyes exactly where she wanted them to be.

She stood on her knees and slipped off my panties. She looked at my mound licking her lips. The visual of her just made me even hungrier for her. I looked up at the ceiling then without warning she gave me one long lick over my slit making me lean forward against the wall.

Angela got to her feet in between my arms looking into my eyes with a grin.

'Sweetie i am going to get you for that.' I said dropping to my knees taking off her jeans in one quick move.

Angela wasn't wearing any underwear under her jeans. I stood up slowly kissing my way up her body. I looked her in the eyes while putting my arms around her to undo her bra. I slid my hands from her shoulders down her arms to her hands and led her into the shower.

The hot clear beads of water rolled down our bodies. Angela stepped forward pinning me in a corner of the shower. The cold shower wall caused my nipples to erect. Angela stood against me with our nipples rubbing together. We embraced each other kissing vigorously. The steam started to make us feel light headed so we spent the next few minutes just washing each other off. It was hard for both of us not to be sensual, soft and sexy at it. After washing each other we continued our pleasure adventure in the bed.

At seven in the morning i played in bed with Angela resting half on top of me and her head on my shoulder. Sarah was awake watching her DVD cartoons. Angela was fast asleep, so i placed a pillow in my place and got dressed. I decided to treat her with a breakfast in bed. Sarah and i prepared everything and took it through to her just as she sat up in bed putting a shirt on.

We all sat on the bed talking, laughing and tickling Sarah till she couldn't take anymore. We spent the whole day together having fun like a family should. This was the one thing all three of us wanted the most in life.

It got dark and late. The darkness outside fell like a blanket over the town. Misses 'j' was nowhere to be found. Everyone else has spent the day moving the weaker of us into the bunker for safety. Angela and i arrived with Sarah walking between us holding our hands. The woman looking after the kids offered to look after Sarah for us. Angela was coming with me and the others to infiltrate the hospital.

We all watched as one man locked up the bunker then left. We walked in the sewer to where we would climb up a ladder just outside the hospital. I stopped and listened. The others stopped behind me.

'Something's wrong guys, listen.' I said staring up at the manhole cover.

It sounded like the zombies were let out of the hospital grounds. I looked back down the sewer in the direction we came from.

'Right guys i want five of you to go back to the bunker and stand guard. The rest of us will continue from here.' I said with an uneasy feeling growing in my core.

The men talked under one another and five of them went back. The others looked at Angela and me. I climbed the ladder to the top lifting the manhole cover just a little bit. I looked out underneath it seeing that my instincts were correct.

I slide the cover aside and climbed out pulling my machine guns out of my shoulder holster. While the others got out one for one i kept the area around us clear from zombies shooting at them as they came closer.

After we all were out the sewer i heard a loud bang down the sewer coming from the bunkers side. I turned and stuck my head down the whole and looked the way of the blast. Something came my way in the darkness. It was zombies i unclipped a grenade from my belt and through it down the whole.

'Fire in the hole!' I shouted at the others while i jumped over Angela covering her from the blast.

I lifted myself off of Angela looking around franticly. The others got to their feet and moved forward to the hospital. Suddenly a big ugly slimy thing jumped out of the sewer with Sarah in its claws.

'Charlie that thing has Sarah!' Angela shouted pointing at it.

'I see that Angela. Let's go get her back.' I said grabbing her hand.

I left her hand as we ran through the zombies dodging claws and teeth and shooting at them. We made a path right through them with the other guys following in our steps close behind us. Angela suddenly screamed next to me. That same big creature that had Sarah grabbed Angela and headed into the hospital.

I stood there stunned and frozen. I stood exactly where i stood as in the premonition. I could feel the heat rise in me from my core. My face and ears flushed red with anger. I reloaded my guns and walked forward shooting every zombie in my way in the head. The speed of my hands matched the speed of my machine guns firing off the rounds.

Everything around me slowed to slow-motion. I watched as every one of my bullets hit a zombie between the eyes. I stood still in front of the hospital doors looking around me at the zombies on the ground and the men that were still busy shooting at a few more crowding around them.

I walked through the doors and then down the corridor. I was following the path that i saw in the premonition. I stuck my guns in the holsters and removed the pistol from behind my back. I felt something behind me. Without a warning i ducked and turned at the same time facing the creature that took Sarah and Angela from me.

I shot off a few rounds at it causing its head to explode. The body flopped to the ground and turned into an old woman's body. It was misses 'j'. She was the creature. She was the one taking the people from the town. I turned around and walked in through two big white doors without stopping.

I saw Angela and Sarah tied to gurneys as i saw before. Mark was standing between them with injections in his hands; one pointing to Angela and one to Sarah.

'Mark, it's been a long time.' I said as he turned around to face me.

'Charlene. Yes it has been a long time. What are you doing here?' He asked me screwing his eyes.

'I am here to stop you, what else? Give it up mark, you are finished.' I said to him putting my gun away.

'How exactly are you going to stop me Charlene? You and what army?' He asked laughing at me.

Mark stepped toward me away from Angela and Sarah. I concentrated on telekinesis. Without him noticing and still talking to me i was untying Angela and Sarah. They slipped out the other door without him noticing that they were gone.

'Oh mark, you are so predictable. I am my army.' I said to him.

'That sounds like a challenge daughter.' He said mocking me.

*******************

While i faced mark Angela led Sarah with her to the boiler room of the hospital. She had explosives with her that mark never saw on her. She placed the explosives and ran outside with Sarah close behind. Angela knew that i would be fine on my own. She was still worried and very much eager to go back in for me.

********************

I backed away from him slowly. I started floating in the air, my eyes glowed a bright white. Mark backed off from me smiling. I could since that he was getting ready to change into something himself. I looked at a table full of scalpels and made the blades fly at his head. He dodged a few blades but was to slow for all of it.

Three blades struck him in between the eyes. His head started to change into the same kind of slimy ugly creature his wife was. I made all my weapons float next to me armed and ready for him. All my weapons fired off at the same time killing him in one quick move.

His body dropped to the floor lifeless like Jell-O. I returned all my weapons to their holsters and walked out the door. Angela and Sarah were waiting outside for me. I ran up to them and grabbed them both.

'We should go sweetie. This is going to be one big blast.' I said taking Angela by one hand and Sarah's hand with my other.

'I would run if i were you guys. This hospital is going to blow any minute now.' I said running past them with Sarah in my arm and my other tugging Angela along.

We all ran as far as we could and dove into a ditch just as the explosion went off. Covering Angela and Sarah with my body i felt the heat of flames soaring over the ditch. My backside almost caught fire and then the flames drew back toward the hospital taking the heat with it. It burned everything in its path.

We raised our heads out from the ditch looking at the hospital. It was engulfed in huge flames of orange, red and blue-green. The walls crumbled under the heat. Watching the flames burn was like watching a monster eating everything it could get its hands on.

'Is there another way into the bunker?' I asked the men getting out of the ditch.

I held my hand for Angela and Sarah to climb out.

'Yes there is another way in. There is another entrance in the library hidden behind the history shelf.' The one man told me as they all got out.

'Well, we need to get there now. I have a bad feeling.' I said taking Sarah into my arms and grabbing Angela by one hand and ran toward the library.

We all ran as fast as our feet could carry us. Angela and i got there first; a few minutes ahead of the men following us. We went into the library and scanned the area. It was clear of any danger. We walked between the shelves looking for the history section.

'Charlie i found it.' Angela said calling to me.

'I'm coming babe.' I replied looking for her.

The men came in the door and walked straight toward us.

'Angela you stay here with Sarah. I don't think she should see whatever is going on down there. Keep your guns close just in case.' I said plucking my shotgun from my back.

The men and i went down only to find that everyone is gone. The bunker was empty. The other door was smashed open. That must have been the explosion i heard earlier.

One of the five men i sent earlier laid at the open door. He was still moving. We all ran toward him.

'What happened here Sammy?' One of the men next to me asked him.

1...45678...11