All Comments on 'The Little Black Book'

by The_Technician

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

Unexpected twist in the tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Nice twist at the end, but not up to our usual standards.

Timtom12Timtom12over 6 years ago
Interesting

I like the twist, I expected one, but why is this not in Mind Control?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Interesting

It might not be mind control. That's what had the guy in the story fleeing for his life. There's a chance Marti's grandmother set her up on a blind date from beyond the grave. That's bad enough, and I am not sure I wouldn't react the same way. But there is a worse possibility that also does not require mind control.

That book might be a subset of Lachesis's loom, even if seems to be highly focused on a handful of threads.

That's the really scary part, you see. That Marti didn't fall in love because she was mind controlled, but because the entire world -- ALL of Creation -- got shoved sideways until just the right threads of capital-d Destiny lined up juuuust right to make her fall for him at that moment and time. That leaves you wondering what got else is different in the world, something you think you know but also had to change to make those threads line up -- and what could happen if you keep writing names and pushing on those threads.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Technician@The_Technician
I was born in the Midwest, but have traveled extensively throughout the United States and Canada. Currently I am full-time camping throughout the United States and Canada and spending my time writing for both fun and profit. Books with longer stories such as the kind posted on...