All Comments on 'The Long Gun'

by Paniolo Boy

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I enjoyed that.

There was a story and the story was worth reading, I emjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
amazing

A story with actual content other than f this and f that and huge cocks and massive breasts. A real story line thought out instead of throwing a bunch dirty words together and calling it a story. Very good indeed.

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 8 years ago
Authentic

I spent several years in Thailand. It was fun to read a nice Romance that showed there's more to this wonderful land and people than the infamous flesh spots. Very Authentic descriptions and romantic.

elling50elling50over 8 years ago
Nice

Wonderful story well worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lovely story

...but there's a lot more that would need to be told. For starters, getting work and residency visas organised. This is South-East Asia, after all, where bureaucracy rules supreme.

And what about the middlemen between the farmers and the stall-holders? I can't believe that they would have accepted the new purchase and delivery arrangements without any sort of fight. And the local police would quite possibly want their cut, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Long gun, not really

I think this was one of the better, if not one of the best stories worth reading. Definitely in the top 25. I thought it was nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Best story so far

By far the best story that I've had the pleasure of reading. Descriptions were great. People were great. Lots of love and some dashes of comedy lightened the story and kept me hitting the next page button. Wish it never came to an end. This could have been another 10 pages of a story, and if you could maintain the quality, I would have just kept reading and reading. Five stars from me, I wish I could give you six.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Captivating story

Read this story various times, and I still come back to it from time to time.

Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Research Needed

I live in Thailand and, while writing an interesting story, you made several factual errors. Farangs cannot own land in Thailand nor can they run an agricultural related business. Once married, a visa extension based on marriage can be obtained which would have to be renewed annually. Going to Thailand on a 3 month tourist visa is not possible. Also, there would be no kissing or touching of a Thai woman in public; holding hands would be OK. Also, I would be very surprised if a little village in Mae Rim would have Internet access.

joeytheroojoeytherooalmost 7 years ago
Get a life

@anonymous get a life, this is a well written story not a factual documentary.

It would be nice if the tale continued so we know if the business and marriage succeeded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Damn Good Story

Never been to Thailand, by the time I got around to R&R, Bangkok was "off-limits", too many drugs available. But this is a great story. And for the few people who take it a bit too literally, it is FICTION. Laws do not necessarily need to apply, or even exist, in a fictional story. Jiminy Effing Cricket, lighten up, people who. One more time, a fantastic story, without a doubt. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Factual errors

Great story. I live in Chiang Mai. Visitors get a 1 month visa waiver -renewable to 2 months. Long term visas are not a problem - a 1yr visa cost approx 1000 usd. Chiang Mai and Mae rim have fiber internet. Further out copper or 4g. Internet is commin everywhere. Farmers don’t need ‘business savvy’ farangs to help them or introduce ‘cooperatives’. Thai women are hot though and it a great sex story/romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Anonymous...

Reading a guy writing about his great sexual prowess, OF COURSE THIS IS FICTION!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

What a great story. I won’t comment on all the other comments about “facts”, and “errors”, and other nonsensical criticisms. I’ll just say again, this is a great story. And much thanks to the author for giving it to us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Love Story, More Sex Details Would Be Nice Though

Lots of character development and scene setup, mentions of sex happening but not lunch detail. Potentially borderline non erotica, more sex details would be nice. One of the best love stories I've read here though!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a sweet story, I look forward to reading more. 5*

Rapier875Rapier875over 1 year ago

I love your stories but you need to work on the endings.

Too quick, too short, leaving the reader disappointed.

It's good we want more, but leaving us unsatisfied with the conclusion is not how a good author behaves.

But 5 Stars nevertheless !

PurplefizzPurplefizz12 months ago

Ending was too quick, the whole “getting the business off the floor” etc was over simplified, for example, no businessman who’s got a license to print money servicing a wholesale market is going to give it up without a fight, sometimes quite literally, you also skipped over a revisit to the bar the story is named after (otherwise whats the point), getting money from the US/Japan wired over for the truck and house build, talking to his Sister about getting married and the legal side of setting up a farmers cooperative in a foreign country. Sorry for the criticism, but that’s how it seems, after all, you described in detail what they ate etc, but skimped at the end, which spoilt it for me. 4/5 because I was enjoying it until the abridged ending section. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

oldgraycatoldgraycat3 months ago

Wonderful story and now it is time for a follow up on the family just getting started.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous