All Comments on 'The Maiden and the Rogue Pt. 03'

by jlorthia

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Non con...

.... You dumb fuck, DO you know what that means!?

jlorthiajlorthiaalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Yes I do, I probably would have put it into that category if I had given it thought.

The first chapter there was no sex, only spanking so I put it into "BDSM." The second chapter the sex was clearly consensual, so it didn't really fit with the non con category. Since the first two chapters were in the BDSM category I put this one in there. Also I would like to state that this could be in Sci-Fi/Fantasy as well since that is the setting. Really most stories fit multiple categories. I agree that this is probably better in non con than BDSM. Yet it does have BDSM elements. Anyway sorry for the confusion, I will think about categories more the next time I post a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I've really enjoyed this story...

...as well as your writing style. You made me care about what happens to the characters by presenting them in a way that shows them as complex individuals rather than one-dimensional caricatures. Rycroft can be such a jerk that there were a few times I wanted to march right into the story and slap him into next week! But he's also charming, honorable (in his own right) and capable of compassion. Lillian is quite the spoiled little bitch. I really wanted to hate her. But you portrayed her in such a way that I couldn't help empathizing with her plight. Then I started liking her. Well done. You have some real talent and skill. I truly hope you plan on adding more chapters to this. (Honestly, I'd like to see Queen Astrid get her comeuppance!)

As to the discussion on categories, I agree with you: there is often some overlap and I can see how this could fit into several areas, but I think you chose the correct category. The nonconsent here is not as blatant as others within the category, but it's still there. I think that even this third chapter is appropriate. While technically "consenting," Lillian only does so under less than ideal circumstances; she was placed under duress. Consent under duress is still nonconsent. I would even hazard to argue that it's the most insidious kind of nonconsent, as many people (including police officers, legislators, judges and lawyers) believe that as long as a person says "yes," regardless of their circumstances, they were consenting, which leads to victim blaming and double victimization, whereas the typical kind of nonconsent (with the victim screaming "no" and "stop" while kicking, clawing and biting the whole time) is much easier to discern and therefore easier for the victim to receive justice and compassion.

--Sarah

jlorthiajlorthiaover 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you Sarah

Because of readers like you, I will continue this story. I have the last part mapped out in my head, but I need a build up section. I did write a fourth part, but I am scrapping it, so that I can finish the storyline in two more parts. Again thank you for your feedback, I always appreciate it.

SalleeJSalleeJover 8 years ago
Bloody rude, cowardly Anons

I am so sorry for the abuse that you received over your tags/labels! People really do need to take a chill pill.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this story and I look forward to the next part/s when you are ready to post them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just no

Honestly that’s just seriously messed up, there’s absolutely nothing erotic about it. The other chapters were amusing in a dark comedy sort of way, I likened it to kink Princess Bride but this was just really fucking weird, as well as plain stupid. There’s no way that a man joining their ranks would go through this initiation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous