All Comments on 'The Master Program Ch. 05'

by Varun1987

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaover 11 years ago
Zany, brainy, and increasingly addictive

At first I only glanced at this series casually, but I've come to discover something quite amusing and erotic about it. I dont know if I should consider it a seriocomic study of the pratfalls of Mad Genius, but the growing complications of this modifying mad caper become increasingly unpredictable and, well, complicated!

I guess 'modifying' Sophie is crossing a Rubicon, but as long as his (almost) God-like powers remain, there's always the possibility of reversals of fortune, intended or not!

Honestly, at first glance I thought the first chapter or two was kinda aspergery, but I've come to like that element of it too. It's weirdly hypnotic how 'into it' he gets with planning these things and playing God. This has proven quite creative, and the enthusiastic fetishism of it all is provocative and makes a lot of fantasy fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I had almost given up on this series

even though I enjoyed the first episodes with Imogen's transformation. But then it started getting a bit too much with all the others. To much "Superman without kryptonite" if you get my drift. What's the fun in complete omnipotence?

In these new developments, however, an element of fallibility has crept in and that's refreshing. He messed up twice with Sophie and he's likely to get into some sort of trouble with his parents. And his friends are picking up on there being something strange. Good! How's about throwing in a Lex Luthor as well - somebody else with access to a similar program? Or somebody who is, somehow, resistant to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
temporal inconsistencies

With Sophie. Looks like you couldn't wait for it... ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous