The Mediterranean Guesthouse Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly the gloom I felt earlier has left me, and I feel better. It will be nice to see Christine and Julien again.

I go and dress up for dinner.

Archie

The taxi drives up the long driveway to the guesthouse. I just got off the phone to my boss, explaining that I will stay another week down here and use up some of my extra hours and work remotely. He took it reasonably well, especially when I explained why I want to do it.

I decided not to call Kate, I wanted to surprise her. Now when the taxi is close to the house, I start to think if that was such a good idea. Maybe she doesn't like surprises? Well, we will find out in a minute.

Taxi drives to the front door, and I pay the driver and step out of the car. The driver gets my bags out from the back and drives away.

The house looks empty, dark. Where is Kate?

I knock on the front door which is locked. I walk to the back and her car is gone too.

This is not how I imagined this to happen. Where could she have gone to?

I try to call her mobile, but there is no answer.

I check my watch, and see that the flight is soon leaving. I don't have time to get back to the airport anymore, and anyway, I arranged everything for another week's holiday already.

I can't think of anything else to do, I sit on the front steps of the house to wait in the darkening night.

Kate

Cursing at my memory, I drive up the driveway to the house. How on earth did I forget my mobile phone? I would not even had to turn back to get it if the address Christine sent me wasn't only on the phone. Well, luckily I had not driven so far yet when I noticed my phone was missing.

There is someone sitting on the front steps. For a moment I fear I have forgotten a guest, but then I remember for sure that nobody was coming this week, although sometimes guests come unannounced. Who could it be? If it is a new guest, I might have to decline Christine's invitation.

The guy looks ... no... it cannot be! It is him! Archie!

I stop in front of the house and part of me is scared to get out of the car, but it is really him. With his luggage too. The flight was cancelled? What?

I get out of the car and walk to him.

Archie

I walk to her as she gets out of the car.

'Kate!'

She is in my arms. We hug like we haven't seen each other for months.

'Archie, what happened, your flight was cancelled?'

'No, I decided I want to stay a little longer. Can I stay another week?'

'But what about your work?'

'Oh, I called my boss and agreed that I will take some more time off, and I can work remotely for the stuff that can't wait. And I booked for return flight one week from now.'

She smiles and kisses me. 'One more week with you!'

We grin like crazy out in the warm night, hugging each other.

'Oh, but you'll never guess where I was off to. I just forgot my cell phone and needed to get back here to fetch it.'

'Oh, where?'

'Christine invited me over for a dinner, because she thought I was here all alone and sad.'

'Christine!'

'Yes, why don't we both drive over there, I bet she and Julien would be glad to see you as well!'

Another night with Kate, Christine and Julien!

Or, I could be in the plane right now flying back to the cold, dark and rain.

I made the right choice.

THE END