All Comments on 'The Merits of Selective Caring'

by Xarth

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
SWIM21SWIM21about 7 years ago
Classic Xarth!

Perfectly self-contained vignette that communicates so much within a small amount of space. Each of your stories is like a scene in an alternate, yet plausible reality I wish I could live in.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 7 years ago
A very yummy story!

Very yummy and very well written too! A novel and teasing concept, which you've captured magically! Thank you!

xsiveonexsiveoneabout 7 years ago

What a great read! Hope the story continues.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
The narrator has depression and will have it again

Sex with sis was nice ( props to Xarth on tender , vivid description ) but was temporary fix like a sugar high . Long term solution to depression still needs to be addressed. Interesting writing where one party is caretaker to mentally fragile sibling yet it's temporary.

Mary_K_KinksterMary_K_Kinksterabout 7 years ago
A casual pace.

Well written as always. You have a way of bringing across each of the characters emotions and the intensity of the moment in such a rich and palpable way. And I've got to say I appreciate the lack of pretty much any attention to detail when describing their bodies. No 36 dbl Ds, or 9" cocks, or other stereotypical hogwash. My mind filled in the details perfectly well. I know exactly what they looked like. I also enjoyed what another commentor referred to as the vignette nature of the story. It had a very short timeline and felt as if it started mid story with little background, and that only revealed as necessary and as part of the story itself. It had a relaxed casual pace woven throughout his visit which to me was the product of her living true to her advice to him. It all came together well. Felt natural. Good job.

prop69prop69about 7 years ago
excellent..wanted more tenderness and cubbling

Hope you will add another visit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
what's this

What in the hell does this word mean "Scooch" as no such word is in the dictionary; the closest thing is "scoot". So if the meaning is for the latter then the author needs spelling help.

prop69prop69about 7 years ago
correction from previous comment...Meant to say cuddling..

I enjoyed the story. I was hard from the time she got up NEKKID until they had sex. Liked the way they did not have penetration THIS TIME. I think you could have more conversation why she did not have a BF and how much older was she. How old were they? Did either have a problem with dating. I would have enjoyed learning more about them. Hope you will add another chapter and build more info about them. They seem like a loving Br./Sis family.

horny2doithorny2doitabout 7 years ago

Yes, a nice arousing story about how an older sister helps bring her brother out of his shell, some. Now on the next visit physical details would enhance the story as would her little brother being more assertive and showing his sister what he really wants ! Get her hot, eat her well and then screw each other's brains out. There is greater potential in this story..... cannot wait for that next chapter(s). Thank you.

LewBrishessLewBrishessabout 7 years ago

Looks like anonymous "what's this" needs to get a new dictionary--a good one.

Mark737Mark737about 7 years ago
Always good

When I see Xarth as the writer, I know I want to read it. This one didn't disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Xarth never disappoints

I do hope there's a sequel in the near future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"What's this"

Looks like Anonymous "what's this" needs to get a life.

Xarth is one of the consistently best authors on Literotica. When he writes "scooch" it is intentional conversational slang and I and many others have no issue with it!

I've said it, I've heard others say it. It's DIALOGUE not dissertation!

What's This clearly suffers from some anal need to be a persnickity prig whilst engaging in cranial rectal inversion.

Great job as always Xarth!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome

Best writer on Literotica consistently.

Now, on to "What's This". At 35 yrs. old you really need to move out of your mother's basement and experience life in the real world. You don't have to give up your GTA 5 or any of your other nerdish pleasures. Just get out into the real world once in a while. And leave your pocket protector and slide rule in your "command center"

(i.e. your mom's basement). Yes, that was a movie reference.

Alternatively, you could just masterbate your dog. Hahahaha. Not funny? OK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Gotta say, that brother was seriously messed up in the head, lol. Good thing his sister rocks! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great as usual

I don't check the site as often as I used to, so I may have missed things that you have done lately, but it is good to see you posting again. I always enjoy your stories because there is always more going on in them than just sex. I was feeling a bit anxious and having trouble sleeping when I checked the site and found this story. Your story seems to have improved my mood, so thank you for that as well.

lantern04lantern04about 7 years ago
Well done.

A good start. I'd like to see at least one follow up story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great to have you back

As always a great story with lots of leads for a continuation.

kelprimekelprimeabout 7 years ago
Surprisingly good

The plot itself was almost boring sounding. however the actual execution and the writing was so good that I found myself enjoying it more than other stories with better plots. bravo.

Robinius1Robinius1about 7 years ago
Very, very nice!

I enjoyed this story very much. It was well written and the dialogue flowed well. I read the previous comments and have little to add except that it's sad that one reader felt the need to be negative about the word 'scooch'. I am 68 years old and have heard and used 'scooch' since childhood.

One thing I might add is that I enjoyed your descriptions of the light snow on the day of his arrival, especially the footsteps and tire tracks. I almost felt like I was there. Who hasn't experienced a day like that? Wonderful! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very nice 5* story

But I was hoping they would fuck and he would knock the filthy little slut up! WOW what a skank whore she is...LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very nice 5* story

But I was hoping they would fuck and he would knock the filthy little slut up! WOW what a skank whore she is...LOL!

Joshua175Joshua175about 7 years ago
SEQUEL!!!!

Please do a sequel to this one! It's one of your better ones, even if it doesn't surpass "Sleeping with Ellie!"

kevleedvdkevleedvdabout 7 years ago
Xarth does it again.

Xarth has been a favorite author of mine for quite awhile, so I always come back for a good read every few weeks; I'd love to binge, but there's only so much. Besides, I have a few other favorite authors to change it up. Thanks, Xarth for another good read, and please keep it going. I know I'll enjoy the ride, I always do.

HatracksHatracksabout 7 years ago
My favorite writer

John LeCarre; Joseph Conrad; Stephan J. Gould; Lev Grossman; and Xarth.

Seriously - it's good to see you back.

HatracksHatracksabout 7 years ago
Scooch

As for Mr. Bonehead Anonymous with the heading "What's this' - go to youtube and type in "Christopher Walken Goodnight Moon."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great read

Sooo glad your back! I love your stories. Please keep them Cummings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank You

I really love your stuff. Your stories feel like poetic vignettes about incest, mostly set in these intimate liminal spaces of beds, bedrooms, and first-time apartments. As overly-specific genres go, that's a pretty fucking awesome one to have cornered the market on. I'm glad to see you're still at it; you have such a light touch with characters and plot that it's a breath of fresh air whenever you publish here. Best of wishes to you from someone who admires both what you do and how you do it!

blackknight314blackknight314about 7 years ago
Another great story!

Good job on thus story. I thought that he was kind of a dick though... he didn't return the oral pleasure for her. I think that he really missed out.

She is going to make him work for it next time though. OK, big sis, you go for it, and wear his tongue out. Let him know how he missed out the first time. Nothing better than having a mouth full of pussy and clit while trying to ride out her orgasm.

curiousgirl_12curiousgirl_12almost 7 years ago
Another awesome story!!!

I love all your stories, they are so amazing and hot and loving all in the same time! This need to have a second chapter please!!!

GingerCat1GingerCat1over 5 years ago
Pretty good

I love your stories a lot, in fact you are easily my favourite writer on literotica. This story has a great start to it as well, and I love the characters. My only knock on the story is I feel like there should have been another page or two in between the beginning and end of page 2. I feel like they go from brother and sister to having sex very very quickly and without much explanation. Other than that, a great story.

camacdocamacdoover 5 years ago
Loved it

Any chance we could get a sequel?

Rapier875Rapier875over 5 years ago
Nice.

But too short.

Felt a bit rushed.

Nice plot, but it needs another chapter to finish it 'properly'.

Please !

Rapier

linnearlinnearabout 5 years ago
Short and Sweet

I love your story telling, you always have good story and plot.

user589151315user589151315over 4 years ago

I've been binge reading your stuff and I've noticed something. You have characters use the word 'tummy' a lot. Too much in fact. In my experience straight hetero guys almost never use it unless talking to a child under 10 years old. Most people refer to that area of the body as 'stomach' (even if it's not medically accurate) or abdomen.

Other than that, love your work. Especially the all too rare brother / sister incest stories told entirely first person from the sister's point of view. those are way too much harder to find than they should be

LegallySaneLegallySanealmost 4 years ago
Reading....

some of the comments on here I see everyone just loves your stories. Your stories,

IMHO, are half and half. A lot of them are good(not great) and some of them are bad,

really bad. This one was Bad, with a capitol B. I was reading through the first half of the story and I was bored to death(Yawn). I skimmed through the second half and I'm glad I did. Just one big tease. But then again, it's just my opinion.

shollingshollingalmost 4 years ago

Another very good story from the master. Ignore those just looking for two page JO inspiration, and keep writing for those that like a plausible plot and some character development. Five stars.

AzureAshAzureAshover 3 years ago
"So it's not about what happens to us so much as how we experience what happens to us?"

WOW! That wow's not just a wow, it's a Wow Oh Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I would love a chapter with actual sex in it. Otherwise good story.

OldUncleAlOldUncleAlalmost 3 years ago

This is not a word I think I have used here to leave a comment, but it’s so appropriate:

CUTE!

Seriously, this story had me giggling quite a few times. And Truly enjoyed it. Nobody was taken advantage of, nobody was subjected to demeaning behavior. It was 3 orgasms , the woman in the story was in total control ,and everybody had fun! What a wonderful story!

Thanks, Xarth. I may read it a third time, just because I always finish it with a smile on my face.

hellhale01hellhale01almost 2 years ago

Needs no penetration tag

shadrachtshadracht8 months ago

I enjoy your stories immensely, even if half the time the characters talk like they're in a 90s movie. Nonetheless. It was a very enjoyable romp that left me smiling.

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

A fun and deeply touching story. The unconditional love blows me away.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userXarth@Xarth
Apr 8, 2024: Two new chapters of Gaming vs Femboy are complete and on their way. **** https://xarthwritesthings.wordpress.com/ Check out my blog for thoughts on some of my stories, as well as occasional other ramblings. Mostly every new story gets an entry, and at one time...