All Comments on 'The Misadventures of Mrs. Taken'

by msnomer68

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
Bogey3Bogey3about 9 years ago
Delightful.

Well written and so much fun. Makes me wish I had done this ....hmmmmmm

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awesome!

Husband & wife stories like this are this are always so great. This one reads toward reality and after being married to the same woman for 37 years and retired after 22 years in the US Navy, I am firmly entrenched in reality.

Well written, it was easy to pick-up the husband/wife perspective changes, she wasn't Christie Brinkley and he wasn't Bruce Willis. Easy to understand folks and it was great that hubby wanted to "build" an "A" game to wifey's books, that sure could've backfired.

BRAVO!!

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Really a great LW story...4*

Really a great LW story...When there true love, respect and trust each of the spouses feel the other and know what is needed to be happy every single day, and know that in the end they will have each other...4*

bearsladybearsladyabout 9 years ago

An absolutely wonderful story. I've always enjoyed your writing, this one reads so true to life, it's moved into my top 10 personal favorites. High five to you and a 5+ for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
SILLY AND HARD TO FOLLOW

I read into about page three and lost track of who was speaking and where the story line had progressed to. Not very clear at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
2 star

two **s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

A nice change for a true loving wife story. It's great that the hubby and wife are aging together and changing sexually to adjust to there new needs in bed. Enjoyed this story and wish there was more like this one where the hubby and wife figure it out together and not one fucking some coworker , leaving their spouse some broken humiliated wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Appreciate the effort, but it was really difficult to follow.

Really liked the plot, and the emotional energy. But the delivery was awkward and confusing. Changing between the two character's POV's was really difficult to keep track of. So, keep writing, but maybe organize it more simply or directly?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
hard to follow

I suggest using italics or something along those lines for one of the spouses. When you change characters without warning it becomes confusing and harder to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved this story!

It was so nice to find a truly loving wife instead of the cheating wives so often found in this category.

I must join in with some of the other comments that said that it was hard to follow the character changes. Sometimes it was, sometimes it was obvious, as when the sentence started out "My old man" it was obviously Janie. But sometimes I had to read nearly the whole paragraph to figure out who was talking, and that could be confusing and annoying.

Even with the above complaints, I loved it so much that I gave it 5*. Thanks for such a satisfying and heart warming story. I have to confess that page 7 put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I guess my perspective ( 73 and already had a heart attack) makes me sensitive to things like Jack's musings about one dead and one alone in that big bed.

Thanks again - now I must go and read something else that you have written!

PeachyWifePeachyWifeabout 9 years ago
About Time!

Thank you for an actual 'Loving Wives' story that was sweet, loving and sexy. Growing older and becoming grandparents is not a reason to let things become routine and stagnant. Hot sex is not reserved for the young and beautiful.

I liked the back and forth paragraphs. Didn't faze my enjoyment of the story at all.

maninconnmaninconnabout 9 years ago
I really liked your story!

Love finding feel good tales in Loving Wives! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A joy to read

I always love a good love story. Congrats, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great!

Beautifully captures the poignancy of getting old.

One of the best stories I've read on here for a while.

vazkor13vazkor13almost 9 years ago
Fantastic

Simply perfect, a fantasic and beautifull story so much better that what one can usually read here. Everyday I check and quickly stop reading boring Cuckold or Rabid BTB stories, once in a blue moon, among all hose stories there is a pure diamond like yours..

Just thank you.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
Inspiring

Should be required reading for those who are celebrating a tenth anniversary! To be repeated once every five years until 30th anniversary!

Would have preferred a marker each time the PoV changed. Often the context was there in the first sentence, but NOT always! The timing of the flashbacks was also odd (or at least off-putting!)

4* in LW.

5* if in Mature

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

You are a gifted story teller

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
adults, Finally!

I love that this is a story about two mature adults and not a May/December story - sexy and beautiful!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
TLW

The adventurous one is Hubby (finally). But, Sweetie figures it out in time!

True Loving Wife!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My gods this was a hot mess from a writing perspective

It's a touching story but if you are going to read this be forewarned that you will be extremely confused. Perspective and narration changes without any warning and it's not always clear what the fuck is going on

sailvtsailvtalmost 2 years ago

I would triple the score of this story if I could.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous