All Comments on 'The Muse'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

This is very very good. Light and cheerful. Hallmark could use this, expand it into a movie trilogy or a short run TV series ( do they still have those? It’s been several years since I’ve watched TV)

Above all I hop no pirates steal this.

strawboystrawboy17 days ago

A good read. Well developed plot and characters.

joeoggijoeoggi2 months ago

Excellent writing. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another one of your stories that belongs on a shelf instead of on this website, bravo

SplashknotSplashknot3 months ago

Thank you for this story and the others I've read so far.

It's helping me smile and laugh and brings happiness to my heart while waiting for the divorce papers to arrive.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Brilliant. San Antonio must be really nice to live in or visit. A different slant on the muse and a well constructed story it great rapport among Richard, Mary and Janice. Shame about Betty. But what a lovely way to end your story.

Love to read some new stories but understand why you wouldn't use Lit again.

Phxray54Phxray546 months ago

Okay, so this story gets shifted from my 2nd reading to 3rd reading list. Why can’t I vote 3 times?

Giannis729Giannis7297 months ago

None of us are perfect, we've all got flaws. Some are endearing and others not so much so. The greatest things that we humans accomplish we do with love. We accept the imperfections of our loved ones and even find them endearing because of love. Nothing is insurmountable when we work together with love in our hearts.

*****

NitpicNitpic9 months ago
Another

Another first class story.

SatyrDickSatyrDick9 months ago

[29.08.23]

Another Top Shelf Story!

11/10 Purple Roses!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another incredible story!

DarknsDarkns10 months ago

@DreamCloud … you take me to another place. Thank you

Ladydog1Ladydog110 months ago

When will this become a movie? Please…

quirkyone717quirkyone71712 months ago

About the best I have ever read on this site!

LindsaygjLindsaygjabout 1 year ago

What a brilliant piece of fiction - loved it! I suppose it’s too much to do an “Oliver “ and ask for “more please”!

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Next chapter, please??!!! You just can't leave us hanging like this! Please??!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dreamcloud please come bavk this site really needs many more of your well crafted stories.

I've lost track of how often I've read this story.

Whenever I'm down it never fails to lifts me up.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

Absolutely great, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, too bad this author felt compelled to leave us. Maybe? Hopefully? DreamCloud has been scooped up by a paying publisher. It anyone knows where we can read more of this author’s wonderful work, please, post it here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am a tough “audience”, as I am not a huge fan of Romance stories, but DreamCloud’s are among the best of any kind of stories here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love it. One of the few stories that made me laugh out loud.

Dennis

tarkabukktarkabukkover 1 year ago

Oh my goodness, this was awesome…I loved it….

Thank you for sharing

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Love it! I'm a romantic at heart, and this is one of the best. I have but one criticism, and I don't believ3 thr error is yours. 5his one * believe is on that damned spell check word predictor program. I hate that shit with a passion and hope the originator of it has never ending bleeding hemorrhoidsI Leave our words alone, Let us make our own mistakes!

On page four is a paragraph beginning "Richard and I ate breakfast at a small coffee bistro." Then after a couple of sentences we read this: "He was an ecliptic reader, dabbling in a bunch of genres."

The word in your mind I'm sure was "eclectic" and not "ecliptic." All it took was one little typo and spell check seized the moment with great glee, I'm sure. Like I said: Bleeding hemorrhoids. Perpetual and desevedy so.

I loved this story and your writing. If you've stopped publishing here because of plagiarists as one comment says, I hope the plagiarists are being hunted down and dealt with in the judicial equivalent of perpetual hemorrhoids. Thanks for another great story.

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

3 of the site's best love stories are by you.

It's too bad plagiarists have driven you from the site. You were one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did Janice say 'take you to new directions?' I thought she said 'nude erections'... Come on, who can say no to that?! Truly, that women never seen to accept that they are as beautiful as we men see them. My wife was being critical of some imagined flaw and asked my 'honest opinion'. I walked over to her, frowning, "Well there are a few things, easily fixed. You're too far away, my hands aren't on you, and you're still wearing clothes." After a long kiss and body hug/caress, I conceded, "All right, if you insist, you can keep the clothes."

Anon56

Giannis729Giannis729over 1 year ago

About accepting our loved ones flaws, and loving them all the more for them. A beautiful concept if the world could be convinced to accept it.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Read it a 2nd time. Very fairy-talish but still a wonderful 5*.

Too bad that author has seemingly stopped writing. Some of his stories, such as The Promise and The Rehab are the best stories in Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, people with anxiety disorders cope in various ways. A pet, a person (hopefully not treated as a pet), a “lucky” keychain or other item. Sometimes a period without the anxiety forms a run for a long time cure.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,is Melissa pregnant or was it to wind Janice up.?After all they are not married.

JakeRaderickJakeRaderickabout 2 years ago

Not enough stars - I needed at least five more! Brilliantly conceived of and written. Thank you DreamCloud for a truly lovely love story.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

OK, that did it! Another darn 5 for a story that sends me from confusion to ecstasy. DreamCloud just won't leave well enough alone. Ooooh I wish I had his talent ......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was awesome.

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 2 years ago

Dude, your stories need to be made into movies...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this is fun : usually DC makes me cry, now he lets me laugh

thankx for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another five star read. What a pity this author has stopped writing for LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Great job. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That ending was brilliant

Rabid_Reader_Rabid_Reader_almost 3 years ago

Beautiful, just beautiful! 😭

CaedynCaedynalmost 3 years ago

I have glad tidings for all of you DreamCloud fans. He is still writing, but on another site (Wattpad), using a different nom de plume (mdpotter55). He is currently writing an epic-length fantasy novel called “Unseen” that is nearing the end. Although his collection of stories on Lit are amazing, this latest work is my favorite. Give it a read! And while you’re at it, drop DreamCloud a note using direct feedback to express your appreciation for his works that he is giving away for free. That’s what I did, and that’s how I found out about his new writings. Enjoy!

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Another great story from the master. I only wish that DreamCloud could be convinced to start writing again here on Lit as he has so much to give as an author. Well Done 5++Stars

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

Alright, I will be honest I was not sure if I was going to like this story. Now I have finished it, and I do not want it to end. Well done.

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerabout 3 years ago

As a writer who suffers from anxiety disorder, the dream of finding my own 'Mary' ranks pretty damned high. I've read this story at least a dozen times, and in spite of the occasional awkward wording, it is a true masterpiece. We really lost a good one when DreamCloud went.

stewartbstewartbabout 3 years ago

We have all been a little diminished losing one of our best writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved loved loved it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks for writting another great story

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

DreamCloud has some of the best stories. Another 5*.

cfumagocfumagoover 3 years ago
Thank you!

Really enjoyed it. I was quite taken by the whole story and I am envious of your talent.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 3 years ago

What did I think of this story? 'God's flower' comes to mind.

You have a very special talent. I've experienced in several of your stories, and all I can say is thank you! Thank you for sharing with us.

You allow us to feel the love, the passion, the pain, and so much more.

Be safe, stay healthy, and please, please, please, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Chill Starsong...

Yes, it *can* happen.

Heck, JK Rowling stumbled across Harry Potter at a reading in Ireland...right down to the scar.

The only reason Mr. Radcliffe received the role was the boy was not the slightest bit interested in acting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I really think this story is preposterous. No one is going to see a person and think oh man that's Sookie Stackhouse. That's Mercy Thompson. That's fucking Harry Potter.

The entire premise is dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Placed In The Top Three

So many good Stories, but for me I have added it to my Top Three of your stories.

Again I will say if could easily be a Hallmark movie.

Hope you read our comments.

Patch

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerabout 4 years ago
Steady Ascention

This is the third of your stories I have read, and they just keep getting better! As a writer who uses a pen name to maintain anonymity, I can say with absolute certainty that you hit the bullseye describing both Richard's anxiety and the calming power of a loved one. Well done!

paulyepspaulyepsover 4 years ago

What a great story ... I used to think I came to this site for the heat but soon realized it was for the love .. I guess I’m just a hopeless romantic.. I wished this story never ended ..you are a very talented writer .. thank you !

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story

I loved it, particularly the humor in it. “I could smell the gossip brewing from where I stood “. God, what a great line. Five stars, and it deserves ten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A time waster...

I'm late for work since I just sat here and read this from start to finish.

Thank you.

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 5 years ago
just fucking WOW!

not just a favorite story but my absolute favourite sorry on this site to date. So beautiful, so subtle. I can only hope that once day you will return to us and share your new musings with us. Please do. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Virgo6Virgo6over 5 years ago
Wishing for more from you

Your stories are nothing short of awesome . The humor with inter dialogue sets you apart . Just fabulous story telling . Thank you!!!

SaulofTarsisSaulofTarsisover 5 years ago
Great story

Great story and thoroughly enjoyable characters. Would not mind reading more of them in the future (as long as happy endings continue).

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done!

Thoroughly enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Always done with style.

Sir, your works of art are brilliant!

Unlike some authors on this site, you do not repeat themes endlessly and your works are all the better for it.

It is a huge shame that this site will never see anymore fresh material from you.

Love your work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Oh my goodness

I had just worked a 36 hour straight run and was so tired that I couldn't finish the story. However, I got up at 4.15 am to finish it and was not disappointed.

I really enjoyed it, good writing, lovely phrasing, love, wine, secrets, a happy ending & no pain loving bitches [except for Stacy & Betty who don't really count]. More please !

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 6 years ago
One of the best...

stories I've read in awhile. Of course all DreamCloud's stories are phenomenal. I've enjoyed every one I've read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

sheer unadulterated fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fun, and a spot of advice.

I’ve never read a pot-boiler romance though I admit the covers are fun. I think you’ve out done them. Spot of advice. I’ve noticed you are beset with homonyms. Like “ecliptic reader.” Ecliptic describes the earth’s orbit. Eclectic means wide-ranging, inclusive. Just a thought, but you might want to consult a thesaurus on occasion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Anon 3 5 18

Said it best. I so wish you were still writing DreamCloud . I have reread your stories so many times it probably borders on obsession. Thank you thank you thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
beautiful

That's all I have to say, beautiful . You really have a talent for writing. Many a day I am late for work wanting to finish a story or chapter.

Keep at it and hope you get published some day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The Stupid (Amazon) Thief

I hope you can sue the H**l out of the rotter & his publisher. Rant over. You are such a goood writer. As an 85 year old widower, living on SocSec, mostly my only enjoyment is reading Non-erotic and Romance on here. And you are one of the best. Thank you. The Muse had me laughing out loud. Please, when things get settled, write some more for me and your other (million) admirers. / Just J

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More

I would like a second chapter where Mary gets pregnant and has the baby. and the baby grows up and other things. Like the Link.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
second read

second time around better than the first, I enjoyed it more, and so many possibilities for more. Thanks for your excellence, and hard work.

NorthPacific

rapperbsrapperbsover 6 years ago
Never cease to amaze me!

Your writing skills never cease to amaze me! What a great story! A lot of interesting plot twists all revolving around romance. Great Job once again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NO DISAPPOINTMENT HERE

once again a"very good read"i hope you keep spittin em out.

hornyoldgoat6969

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

Another amazingly imaginative plot. Your stories are always so fresh.

And, no, the copy editing errors are minor and few.

I_of_HorusI_of_Horusover 6 years ago
Erata

Ecliptic reader on page four? Surely you meant eclectic reader!

And then on page six: what do you think I would like on TV? probably should be

What do you think I would look like on TV? or maybe

Why do you think I would like to be on TV? though my money is on option one.

Please don't feel bad about my comments. Just two in seven pages.... Tim431431 must be reading more attentively ;)

nickypoosaysnickypoosaysover 6 years ago
Firefighters

You should do a romantic story with firefighters. Just saying, Im a future firefighter, and I think a dramatic tragic story about about firefighter love would be amazing. But I love your stories. So amazing, all 5 stars

OverJackOverJackalmost 7 years ago
Nice

This one is right in the pocket. Not too hot, not too cold- just right. You take a theme and shake it by the ears until all the good stuff falls onto the screen. Happy writer; Happy reader.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry all you pulers,

This one was a 5 ,I mean, 10. Great job. Thank you

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THE MUSE IS ONLY A GUIDE

to ones advocation, TK U MLJ LV NV

Pokey42Pokey42about 7 years ago
Spectacular Retelling of "As Good as it Gets"

First off, I love dreamcloud's fictional account of a fiction writer. Like a self-portrait in prose. Very well done. Also, and this is one of my best compliments, your story was so engaging that I can overlook your plethora of grammatical and vocabulary missteps. I know of many books I have paid for that I cannot say that about. I just had to get those out of the way.

Now, onto my comment based on my title. You could have made Richard much like the cantankerous anti-social asshat that Jack Nicholson played in "As Good as it Gets" but you chose to, instead, portray him as an endearingly shy man who loves wholely and is a man of character who deserves to win his Melissa. I applaud you for this. I have marked this story as one of my favorites and I know I will come back to it again and again.

Thank you for so generously sharing your talent and your heart with your words.

crawler101crawler101about 7 years ago
nope

i feel this story is way weaker than anything other i have read from you. i have rated all your stories 5* so far but im going for 4 this time

i couldnt feel the characters this time and it felt more like a Sugar daddy story to me. still very well written though.

Drago566Drago566about 7 years ago
Awesome!!!!!

Loved it!!!!!

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warover 7 years ago
WOW!!!

I found DreamCloud and started reading from the top. So far all the stories are great. The Muse, has lifted the bar. This was an exceptionally well written and empassioned story.

DoW

slm59slm59over 7 years ago
Perfection

Any DreamCloud story is my favorite while I'm reading it, but this one is special. I'm in awe at how much The Muse consumed me. It's even better than the first time I read it. It's just perfection. This is my favorite story and I'll enjoy re-reading it over and over. Thank you DreamCloud

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Simply the Best

The title of my comment says it all.

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneover 7 years ago
Smiling again

A second read through for me. As an O.C.D., ex PR writer where fact and grammar is an absolute, I totally forgive all the silly typo errors. Why? Because real creative writing trumps grammar every time. It is always a shock, given the nature of this site, when you can read eloquent and empathic stories that have genuine heart-warming appeal. Thank you DreamCloud for all your contributions. Chapeau!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Truly enjoyable characters

You craft characters that are deep, complex, and believable. I'd like to know them in real life and each time I finish one on your stories I'm simultaneously glad for reading it and disappointed that it is over. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too many grammar and spelling comments on all of lit authors!

I see these small writing imperfections and feel that if all the writers had proof readers and editor to make the stories perfect or near perfect, I suspect that we all would have shell out some cash in order to read. Please stop complaining as I do not want to have to use my visa to pay to read the stories that I select!

Baton Rouge Cajun.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Nice, very nice...

I tell you before, you are my favorite author of Romance stories!

This story was great, lovely, and all the wonderful words can I imagine.

I love the story, and specially the end, is GREAT!

Please (I know is an old tale), keep in mind for write a sequel of this story.

The world need more writers like you. If they are, the world are better and happy.

5* for you, because I have not the possibility to give more.

I can`t wait to read more Romance stories from you.

Many thanks for your work and time.

You only need to find a good producer to enter to Hollywood by the great door!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Honestly, one of my favorites.

I'm not going to lie: I love this story so much. I felt the emotional intensity deeply. And strangely enough, this piece of literature actually updated my list of: known acts and things that turn me on sexually". :))))

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
Wow! You are a gifted writer

I have to think you share your talents elsewhere as well, where can we read you? This is a stone cold 5*

You have the ability to convey human emotion in a way that is very relatable by the reader. The theme of true love winning out is pervasive in your writings and it is a good one. We all believe that, or want to, except for the truly damaged.

I can go on and on but sir I look forward to your next post on Lit.

karlosfandangokarlosfandangoalmost 8 years ago
Another brilliant story

I have thoroughly enjoyed working through some of your stories over the past few days - all have been more than worthy of the 5 star ratings I've give them and this one is no exception.

There may well be odd typo's and grammar hiccups but honestly the stories are so compelling I skipped through them without missing a beat. Long may your writing continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Grammar

Watch the use of your grammar. Past tense, present tense and future tense..othewise, the story was pretty good.🤓

SirReal55SirReal55almost 8 years ago
Loved the ending!

Just got done reading the whole story...LOVED the ending! Janice is going to go mildly insane...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Word Processors are truly a wonderful boon to an aspiring Author .

and Predictive text can really speed up getting your thoughts and ideas onto the page without the worry of overthinking spelling errors .... Sadly sometimes this leads to wrong word selection and Free editing & Proof reading will sometimes fail to pick up on & correct the errors ....

Yes one can turn off the predictive text feature , & thus create a piece that will need much more time & effort by those Volunteer Editors & Proof readers ... which in my view is a big ask for a story that is being provided for Free

spelling mistake , combined with predictive text can and does lead to some crazy word selections ... although one would note that this Author only has the occasional blip or problem with it ..

And so , i would like to take the time to Congratulate the Author & volunteer editors/proof readers .. for a job well done

and for sharing with us here at Literotica some most wonderful Free stories

i truly Enjoy the tales DreamCloud has produced that so often have such damaged / emotionaly challenged people meeting and somehow finding happiness & a wonderful future ... blessed

5 stars

xxxTwistedOliverxxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
excellent!!!

A good bit "Castle"ish but damn good!

You should revisit them!

KorotKorotabout 8 years ago
CORRECTION

He was an ecliptic reader, dabbling in a bunch of genres.

SHOULD BE:

He was an ECLECTIC reader, dabbling in a bunch of genres.

EXPLANATION:

The ecliptic is the apparent path of the Sun on the celestial sphere, and is the basis for the ecliptic coordinate system.

eclectic

adjective

1. selecting or choosing from various sources.

2. made up of what is selected from different sources.

3. not following any one system, as of philosophy, medicine, etc., but selecting and using what are considered the best elements of all systems.

4. noting or pertaining to works of architecture, decoration, landscaping, etc., produced by a certain person or during a certain period, that derive from a wide range of historic styles, the style in each instance often being chosen for its fancied appropriateness to local tradition, local geography, the purpose to be served, or the cultural background of the client.

noun

5. Also, eclecticist [ih-klek-tuh-sist] (Show IPA). a person who follows an eclectic method, as in philosophy or architecture.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!

I found one of your stories quite by accident. I've been a literotica reader for ages but somehow missed your work. Glad I ultimately found my way! I've been burning through them like vacationer pounding too many margaritas. No self control, no pacing, just shooting them back with wreckless abandon.

Thank you for giving my romantic heart such a feast! My cup runneth over!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous