All Comments on 'The Music of the Mind Ch. 01'

by Solitary_Thinker

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
knightofheartsknightofheartsalmost 16 years ago
Solid Start

Good, quick and powerful imaginary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Beyond Fair Chase

Your hunting story resonated rather strongly with me. Several years ago I was hunting elk with my dad, uncle, and several other of his friends in the Gravlies. They have had an elk hunting weekend up there for the past twenty years and will still be up there opening weekend twenty years from now. It was my second year ever going up there and one of the other dad's son's first. He and his dad came onto a pair of cows that they downed, then they heard another shot and watched a hunter that was not part of our group bounding toward the downed animals. By the time our group got there he had tagged the larger of the two cows and was headed off back toward the trailhead where the ATV's were parked. Let's just say that a few choice words were shouted at the hunter for stealing a first year hunter's kill.

But what was worse than stealing the elk, at least to most of the older fathers, was that this hunter had not gutted his kill, instead just letting it lie there. For those that are unframiler, when bloodflow stops meat will begin to spoil quickly if it is not cooled off, and a dead, undressed elk will not cool off for as long as a few days due to decomposition. In Montana, if you tag an elk you must immediately gut it or you are subject to a fine so we planned on reporting the individual to the wardens when we came off the mountain.

At this point my dad was more dissapointed then angry but that changed when we heard shots as we were packing the elk out, this wasn't the fast shots that you generaly hear when a group comes into a heard but was rather a more steady shooting that did't stop for several minutes. When we approached the trailhead we found out that the group was using a set of pop cans as target practice that were only abot 100 yards away from where we broke the tree line. It is the only time I have ever seen my dad ready to hit another person, and the other six guys in are group were ready to back him up, I think the only reason a brawl didn't start was the knowlage that every person was armed and just how quickly a scuffle could turn into a shootout.

Afterward we found out that they did indeed get the elk off the mountain but they didn't receive a fine. We have to assume that the meat was processed but we don't know for sure. There are many stories of outfitters that let their hunters take the horns and the ivories and let the rest go to waste. Even today I think I hate outfitters more then any other noncriminal class of people, hunting is thick with ethics, it's sort of an old boys club for rednecks and many outfitters simply ignore that in favor of what they can take from it.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Fantastic comment above.

I think I'll read the story, thanks.

Steve150177Steve150177almost 13 years ago
Read all the chapters of this glorious story

People don't stop here, read all the chapters to have your mind blown by this awesome story. You will be glad you did. Warning be ready to ignore typos and word useage errors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Like it so far...

Though it's a little sketchy that he can read all about 'real' genies on the net, and I guess unlimited wishes were an implied impossibility but immortality wasn't. What about eternal youth and all that crap? /sigh w/e, thinking too much into it.

Also, who takes a nap when your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is going to expire in a handful of hours.

NW_bi_boyNW_bi_boyover 8 years ago
Very interesting original story

I generally don't comment until I've read a full story and know it's finished (as I did here). Any readers looking for that confirmation can know that it is complete in chapters 1-17.

I found the story to be very interesting and original in the idea of music being the visualization of thought and feelings. There are many mind reading stories on Lit but this was unique in my reading experience.

It's well worth the read. Yes, it could use a little more polish here and there as well as some fleshing out of certain points. But... if you like to discover 'new' things on Lit, give this a read. You won't be unhappy with the choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Than vs Then

Throughout this chapter, the word then was used instead of than. Then is an adverb, used to put into chronology actions in time. Than is a conjunction used in comparisons. ie: I woke, then I brushed my teeth which are whiter than snow. Other than that, very nice story!

Yobo36Yobo36over 7 years ago
Mahalo!

Aloha to you all.

I find this first Chapter very intriguing. Like NW_bi_boy, I don't usually comment on a 1st Chapter, not because it isn't good but because it's the "whole" story I'm interested in. I also don't usually read the comments either. However, because of that I have been immensely disappointed to get to the last Chapter to find it hasn't been completed. A big Mahalo to NW_bi_boy for your "catchy" name and for telling me that this is a completed story. I can now comfortably read the rest knowing it is done and enjoy it much more.

Also a big Mahalo to "Solitary_Thinker" for a very interesting Tale, at least the first Chapter. I expect the remainder of this Tale to be as good, if not better.

Yobo36

ChiBoy44ChiBoy44about 4 years ago
Great 1st Chapter!

Great First Chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous