All Comments on 'The Myth of the Female Orgasm'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A complex subject

You raise a lot of valid and important points about sex and I think you need a certain amount of maturity to see them. The modern world seems to me to be so confused about sex in general that 'insane' is the only appropriate way to describe it.

The way humans are educated about sex would almost lead one to conclude that there is a species wide conspiracy to keep people in FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt). But of course we're all too busy to do it any better. Now that women are almost equal to men in working for a living (with the single, shameful issue of equal pay being the exception) everybody is too tired to have sex most of the time. Add to that the expense of having children and you've just about reduced sex to ten minute porn videos as the most popular form. I'm extremely surprised that people still have enough time to read sexy stories on this site. I hope it's not because they don't have a real sex life to devote their time to.

When men and women have a truly fulfilling sex life it shows on their faces and in there demeanor. I see less and less of this every day. I fear intimacy has been replaced by social media because I never see anybody getting a hand job in a car but I sure see a lot of people talking on phones and sending texts.

You have to be careful about how you phrase some of the evolutionary truths you describe. I made the big mistake of telling my ex-wife when she turned fifty that she should feel happy about it because in historical context very few people ever lived that long. She heard that I thought she was old and undesirable and three years later we were divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Increases number of sperm cells reaching the egg

Recent research indicate that female orgasms increases the mass of deposited sperm cells actually available for the egg.

Ought to be evolutionary good enough reason, I think, for developing the 'big O'.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistabout 8 years ago
Biological reason for female orgasm

The human female is the only animal whose vaginal opening faces down when she is moving around rather than facing to the rear. Therefore nature provided a mechanism that would promote her lying down and/or clenching the internal muscles in order to retain as much sperm inside her as possible after the act, thereby maximising the chance of conception.

Saw that in a documentary.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 8 years agoAuthor
Thoughtful comments

I have also received some feedback that is really good and thoughtful.

This subject is so complicated that there is no one "absolutely correct" answer - especially as applied to any human being individually. I merely strive to look at things a little differently than the populist literature "perceived wisdom." When it comes to human sex "common sense" is neither common nor much sensical anymore.

One of the feedbacks concerned "Bonobo Apes" and their own sexual practices compared to humans and Chimpanzees. You have all probably read how human DNA is like 98% "the same as Chimpanzee!"

This is actually one of those damn statistical lies, actually. Both human and Chimp genomes are about 2 billion base pairs long and indeed are very close - on the surface. But both Chimp and human genomes comprise huge sections of "dead" base pairs - with no discernible function in human reproduction or development. In addition, the actual functioning base pairs are all very susceptible to timing and other variables before they actually "express" or function. There is an actual huge difference between humans and Chimpanzees and Bonobos - and neither Bonobos nor Chimpanzees are direct antecedents to Homo sapiens. In fact, one has to go back between 4 to 8 million years ago before the possible common ancestor species. The fact that Bonobos and humans share some sexual traits in morphology and behavior may merely be one of those coincidences rather than any kind of actual "shared genes." That's one of the huge problems with strictly genetic Darwinist evolutionary theory (the new synthesis evolution theory) and any kind of "predictive forecast" using evolution theories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Places too much weight on unevidenced assumptions

Much of this rests on a fairly baseless assumption - that the desire to have some

kind of control over your life, or indeed intelligence, is somehow “masculine”. The evidence (girls doing better than boys at school, women doing better than men at uni and increasingly in the hard professions) actually suggests otherwise. And with men raging against not getting custody of their kids on a divorce, can we really say that there’s no masculine instinct to spend one’s days keeping house and looking after children? Personally, I think men are emotionally and cognitively more suited to that than to other pursuits.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous