All Comments on 'The Nag's Head'

by Fredoberto

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Damn

Tough finding out you wife is a cheating skank cunt. The husband did what he had to do.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Rough Ending

I didn't see it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Now that was a turn I didn't expect....

...when he watched them both fuck and blow two boys each, it seemed he was perplexed, but in an, "Oh, well", sort of mental shrug went into the pub for a drink, I wondered at the point of the entire exercise.

Then returning home tired he plays an audio and tells her she's moving in with Nancy. Well.....that clabbered the milk.

Leaving out mention that they married before he moved left the gap necessary for the surprise. It seems a little out of place, that she would travel considerable distance to do that with her sister, if she was happy in her marriage....and did they have two cars and she also worked? Didn't he say the move was nearly a hundred miles?

Maybe I missed something, but that is pretty far to go for an elicit suck and fuck.

Thank you, though, for the surprise of the week. In general, a well crafted story....and no complaints about editing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
that all?

rushed! **

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nice twist

but the same old problem. No explanation for the wife's behavior - only the unspoken assumption that she's a whore. Which leaves me with the same conclusion that these stories always leave me with: the husband is an idiot if he's been that clueless from the start

RhomanovRhomanovabout 8 years ago
*****

Bam! Yup, that one surprised me.

That's a rare feature here.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 8 years ago
good story even if

The marriage was meant to be a twist, but it was telegraphed early. If he wasn't married to meg why would he give a rat's ass if she was knobbin half the town? Also after 5 years how would he know her car? Good story though, original plot. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Setup of the sex was good, but the confrontation was flat.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
SERENDIPIDITY TIMES 10

and it was so EZ, it hurt TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice twist. Didn't see it coming.

But no explanation why she cheated on him.

RePhilRePhilabout 8 years ago
Great build up, then nothing, queue the Crickets!

Suggest you read some of FTDS stories on how to finish a story to a readers expectations. It's like you had a previous engagement and had to close off the story quickly. Very very disappointing and I can not imagine this story carrying such a high rating. Maybe as the world wakes up and some non British readers come on board the rating will change. Give it another try buddy, the potential is there

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 8 years ago
The beginning was interesting, but

it really didn't go anywhere. It was obvious that Meg was his wife right from the get go. He watched her have sex and tossed her to the curb. That really isn't a great plot, although it is used often enough.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
I liked it...

I liked it...he knew his wife would show up that night, the night when he wasn't at home...Some people would like some heavy revenge, but I can assume his love wasn't that strong for her...I think he was more disappointed than suffering from her actions...maybe he only married her by her blow-jobs...So he didn't had the need for revenge...Just to get free and try to be happy...3*

imhaplessimhaplessabout 8 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Funny I liked it.

# 5 Refreshing to read a man up story without all the married fag crap. Thank you

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Loved it

Short, sharp and to the point. No anger management issues, no bravado or self pity - just get rid of her.

Great twist at the end to find he had married her.

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
I kind of liked the treatment of the husband.

He was obviously surprised that his wife was doing that, explains the distance she drove to do it. 100 miles isn't that far, hour and a half on open roads, depends on where you live I guess. But it is far enough to feel safe in the cheating. As for the fact that he was methodical about the resolution of his marriage, well, not all men or even very many that I know that don't live in LW land fall to pieces and sob and scream and cry when the wife fucks them over. Hurting inside, sure. Histrionics, not so much. Take this story for what it is, zero tolerance. She didn't seem to be all that broken up about what she did either, just sad that she got caught. It is what it is. Good read, a narrative not a novel. 4 stars

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Huh?

That's it? After all that setup, the punchline is that they got a divorce. It isn't much of a story, is it?

I find it interesting that hubby spent so much time and effort watching all the action take place. Instead of interrupting or leaving at the very first sign that something was happening in that car, he sat there and watched. Then, instead of leaving, he continued to sit there and watch again. And yet...we're supposed to believe he didn't enjoy it. Why on earth would he put himself through such emotional torture unless somewhere deep down inside he enjoyed it?

This story strikes me as a classic case of Loving Wives Denial Syndrome. Some men get off on the fantasy of seeing their wives with another man, but they hate themselves so much for having that fantasy that the only way to resolve it is to write a story about such a fantasy, but then have the wife's character divorced or murdered in the end. That way, their manhood is preserved and the approval of the readers is guaranteed.

mike9698mike9698about 8 years ago
4 *

yes the author could have finished it better. it still was good. as for why the husband would stay and "watch" . in england having proof of cheating actually matters greatly in a divorce. the cheating spouse will be left without a pot to piss in. in the good ole USA this no fault bullshit means it doesnt matter who fucked around.

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
What a twist at the end, didnt see that one coming

Pretty good, was a little hard to understand, didnt get that he was married ot Nancy the first time reading, thought maybe he was married to a third sister, but I figured it out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The story was good the ending to short

Okay story,needed a better ending with. More explanation. No anger just go to your sister. No why. A lot left out.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 8 years ago
Could

have done with a lot more dialogue at the end -- but presumably the abrupt ending was deliberate.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Nicely Done

His interest in finding out if it was true gave away the relationship. It was a pleasant flash story because it did not provoke angst...

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Sad Story

Meg screwed up a good thing for a bit of strange. Hubby is fortunate he found out before they had kids, but he didn't deserve to be treated that way. Did not see the twist at the end coming. Good but SAD story - nobody won here.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 8 years ago
Obvious, but a Good Read

The comments that were surprised at the ending have me puzzled. What would be the point of the story if Meg wasn't his wife. The fact that he didn't tell us up front what happened to Meg when he went 100 miles away for his new job led up to the incident we witnessed. The only puzzling thing is why Meg and sister Nancy went 100 miles every couple of weeks to give a few blow jobs and get laid by strangers. That's a lot of traveling for a bit of strange. But it still was pretty good writing so I give it 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I don't get it? Aren't you going to let Meg explain why she became a slut?

Oh yeah, now I remember. All British husbands are cuckolds, and all British wives are whores.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Obvious, but a NOT Good Read

Being obvious is the key reason why it's not a good read. It's not being cute. It's not being a twist. It's just bad. It's lame. It's trite.

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too little common sense but great title.

Sad ending. Great title. I love the character a British pub brings to a story. I agree somewhat with incomplete character and story line development comments. Of course, with only one page, it is hard to develop much character strengt. Personally, I like to see greater character development that shows up in the real world. I can't imagine a world with one dimensional characters everywhere you look, with BTB attitudes, my way or you are dead to me. With the way the majority of lw "cheater" stories end, there is rarely compassion, rarely any attempts to understand both sides, rarely any hope. Endings like that "flatten" any rich character development or story line depth.

Not that there aren't evil, one dimensional people, but most of us fall in between saints and mean, evil people. "Let he who is without sin...." Or perfect... Successful writers capture that depth, even if the character's decisions don't match my own.

I disagree with comments to give it up. Keep plugging. I know it takes a lot of effort to even put out the 2.0 rating story. I know I could not, without mimicking other story lines. You have developing talent, so have fun with various story lines. If you enjoy it, do it. Commenters be damned.

Signed - Yet To Sign Up.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Good short story

Good short story. Unlike some of the people commenting I had no problem following the story, nor figuring out the relationship between the two main characters. As a quick read it meets the requirements of having a beginning, middle and end and a plot. What more can you really ask for in a story of this length? Not a damn thing as far as I'm concerned. Five-stars for this gem of the very short story genre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story

Great story, reminds me of my youth and experience in a very similar pub.

To the Irish twat happy Oliver Cromwell's day 25th April

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story

Left a lot of open questions. Such as did the sister have a husband. Wonder why he didn't take pics with his smart phone and record what was going on in the car. Would of liked Meg to try and explain her actions

user110user110about 8 years ago
saw it coming a mile away

technically sound writing.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 8 years ago
Nice lttle story

I fine it amusing when readers pick holes in the logic. The pub is a nice drive from where he used to live. Maybe 25-35 miles? We have no idea where Nancy lives, but it is reasonable that pub is an hours drive away, so unlikely to meet anyone they new. And sister Nancy might be on the way.

Anyway, well done

Chilley

cpetecpeteabout 8 years ago
Fun tale

well written and glad you posted it.

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years ago
Two maybe three things...

One you got a comment from HDK so cheer up if the anons don't like what you wrote. A note from HDK is like a Hallmark.

Second, yeah I agree with some of the others, thing ended too quickly. We all knew Meg was his wife; I felt sorry for the guy. I would've wanted more angst, more sorrow, regret, and a little pleading from Meg. No long winded speeches from our hero mind you, just a good listen and an "I'm sorry Meg. You broke my heart, and it's over."

Third, I agree again it's an old story, so what. Want good original TV comedy, watch "I Love Lucy". Want tragedy there's R&J or Cleo&Marc. I mean pick the plot and you'll find it's been told over and over.

Of course this is a five.

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

Jedd Clampett.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dramatic, but empty. Why was Meg fucking around? Are you really JPB, with a British accent?

You seem to avoid the WHY of adultery and cheating. Why is that? Just Plain Bob has the same idiosyncrasy, so I guess its not a fatal flaw. Just makes your stories a lot less interesting and dramatic. "I married this woman, and found out she's fucking around, so I divorced her. Have a nice day." Really, is that all you've got?

OK. But you could do better.

Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Well done

Just keep writing, you have talent... The stories will expand with your confidence, don't be afraid to take chances. Also, listen to the writer's suggestions even if it's just to have another option in your stories... 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You NEVER finish a story, stop being lazy and wasting our time.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Your story was interesting . . .

. . . but your ending was ridiculously abrupt. Boom. That's it.

KRD19254KRD19254over 7 years ago

It could be a 5* but the ending was so anti-climatic, all the writing effort and lead up, then dud. On the second set of guys the husband did not pull out his smart phone and snap off many pictures/video for proof positive. The recording of four guys yacking it up in a pub about their conquests is not enough to prove Adultery.

Why not make an anonymous call to the local police to get them all busted for 'public' lewd conduct/indecent exposure and with the pub having a history with the two women, it might be prostitution - at least you got a police report to help the divorce. Or setup with the police a sting so they can witness and then bust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ended WAY too fasr

WTF? Went from married to confronting her to kicking her out in 2 paragraphs. Just stupid.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Saxon_Hart

I know it's been a while, but he recognized Meg's car, not from five years ago, but because he's MARRIED to her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
sorry I thought the ending was concise and to the point, why waste words and time

remember dead wives tell no lies

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
good one

no cucky shit, he is man enough to know what to do?

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Redux

Okay, I went back and read all these stories. They are well written, and of the classic somewhat perfuntory British style: “ Lydia, care for shagging? Yes, let’s.” The woman is revealed to be a conniving slut and is kicked out post haste. What this lacks is the motivation, other than the standard “women are faithless sluts who will shed their chastity at the drop of a pair of pants”. We all know that men are the overwhelming authors in this site, and women usually get the shaft. In real life men are usually the ones that pursue tail and screw things up. In any case, I thought I’d just piss off the BTB crowd for the heck of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too short

Was a good read, just way too short. Would've loved more on the aftermath.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Great surprise ending

I should have been ready for it but you ambushed me anyway. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
disappointing.

This could have been a whole lot better but very little effort was put into it. Therefore, I gave it a score that reflected that fact.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I agree with that comment

You had me! But this could of been so much better had you spent more time, in the details of from both sides. Perhaps you were a bit quick to finish the ending?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Saw it

Saw it coming, but still enjoyed it. You're pretty good.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
While the ending was obvious from the unwrapped sandwich

... the whole story was well constructed and perfectly paced and balanced. Top marks for me.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Girls night out with desert cream on top

Didn't catch on as quick as others

Good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pansy hubby

Yes, it was obvious she was the slut, but no revenge other than divorce! Come on, you pussy!

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
good story

Is it me, or is marriage a mundane thing across the pond? I didn't read any angst, attitude, ire, anything that resembled hate, retribution, hurt. All through this story it was as if, this is the way it's supposed to happen. Nobody really cared about anything.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reading again

It's still a good story, if just a bit too short.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A Stiff Upper Lip, That

Sure it was obvious, it was short, it was a flash story. Just for shits and giggles I think that I might have put on a rubber, banged her in her ass and then played the recording. That would be the definition of Rodeo Sex, hanging on while she tried to buck me off. Just where did he think she learned those skills? Meg's Head, yessiree Bob. Signed: BTW

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 3 years ago
Nice

A simply affair, sadly we never got why she did it, but it is of no concern.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
So Meg comes in every couple of weeks or so.

And it just so happens the very next day, while he’s waiting across the way, she shows up? Really?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

No fuss, a little muss, and a cheating wife gone. No further explanation is needed. Good story.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

Haha. I sure didn't see that coming!

fregenfregenover 2 years ago

Sigh. Once he started talking to the barkeep you could tell it was going to be one of those 'it sucks to be you stories.' One does have to admire her determination though. If he moved 100 miles away that has to be at least a 2 hour drive each way. Twice a month.

Well done though. Thanks for sharing. fregen

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh come on Etchiboy.

The story is statistically believable.

He is there for 2 nights.

1 chance in 7 she will be there.

Plus he is not at home so that increases the chances of his wife going out to play up.

And secondly, did you not see that this is a good quick light hearted story.

Its not written as an in depth boring tribute to accuracy and detail.

As Vandemonium would say "Lighten the fuck up."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written but the punch line was telegraphed and the ending was a little too abrupt. Nice skeleton but missing the flesh.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was handled really stupidly. If I had a spare set of keys to the car, I have my wife's spare set, I would have played with them by trying to lock and unlock the doors at random times. I would have tried to phone her whilst she was in the car. If the phone just rang I would have knocked on the window and told her to answer the dam phone and to not bother coming home. She was either swinging or dogging. Yuck!!!!!! you need to get tested matey. I am presuming his wife went there when the husband was away from home and hence there was a good possibility she would roll up. Now the crowd that rolled up may have been set up so yes swinging or dogging would be right.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

LOL that's the price married men PAY for a constant supply of blow jobs.

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Interesting concept. It's too bad the story was so dry emotionally because there was no actual conversation or interaction between the husband and wife to drive any tension.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written with an unexpected twist.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

I would have liked to have read her side of the confrontation. otherwise good quick blast of someone caught and punished for doing something bad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFredoberto@Fredoberto
Born many years ago in Glasgow, Scotland. Travelled the world, lived and worked in several countries and survived so far.

SIMILAR Stories